Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Shooting for 7 Straight: Utes go to Provo, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Probably the only chance they have of ever being good is to have a bumper recruiting period when a bunch of highly talented LDS kids who want to go only to BYU. I'm not sure how often that will happen. They should change their approach to football and strive to become like the service academies.
    They're too busy trying to have their cake and eat it, too.
    "It'd be nice to please everyone but I thought it would be more interesting to have a point of view." -- Oscar Levant

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Probably the only chance they have of ever being good is to have a bumper recruiting period when a bunch of highly talented LDS kids who want to go only to BYU. I'm not sure how often that will happen. They should change their approach to football and strive to become like the service academies.
    Sitake is going to have a REALLY tough rebuilding job. Bronco's recruiting was really crappy. This year's lines and skill players are the worst in Provo since the early 70s.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    Hospitality smack must be coming soon.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

I joined the church after attending a game at LES and a BYU fan shared his churro with me. But then I became embittered when I couldn't be admitted to that fine institution. So my love for the Utes is really about hating BYU with their smug degrees taking all of my jobs. Plus I am a huge fan of the PAC-12 and then college football in general. Utah kind of fits nicely behind those three things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    The Desperate News/KSL has become nothing but the church's self congratulatory division of the church.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post
    I joined the church after attending a game at LES and a BYU fan shared his churro with me. But then I became embittered when I couldn't be admitted to that fine institution. So my love for the Utes is really about hating BYU with their smug degrees taking all of my jobs. Plus I am a huge fan of the PAC-12 and then college football in general. Utah kind of fits nicely behind those three things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LES was hovering off the ground a few inches on Saturday, if it weren't for an impure thought (by a Badger fan) the whole stadium would have gone city of Enoch