Thread: Hurricane season 2017

Hurricane season 2017

Because I have a daughter who is working at Disney World this fall, I've been more in tune with hurricane season this year, and it is shaping up to be a scary one.

Harvey we all know about, and you've probably heard about Irma too which is up to a Category 5 and has yet to hit land (there is no Category 6). Right behind Irma is a Category 2 hurricane named Jose. It's right on Irma's heels. With all the waters in the gulf and the Caribbean at 30C now, it is the tropical equivalent of miles and miles of dry grassland waiting to be lit.

Buckle up. It could be interesting.

For me personally, Orlando is far from the coast and is a higher point on the peninsula, so I don't expect there to be an extreme amount of damage. But as we learned from Harvey, anything can happen, so we're keeping in touch with her and making sure she's prepared.

irmajose12.jpg

I hate to make light of hurricanes, given the destruction and devastation to people's lives, but our friends' son is leaving for a Dominican Republic mission. He was worried all summer that he would be called before the North Dakota game, and was ecstatic that his departure date was set for this week, so he got to attend. yesterday his departure was delayed until next week, so now he will get to watch the BYU game too.

We have friends in st. Thomas at the moment who are presenting at a conference on Thursday, and do not know if they will be able to get out.

Hope your daughter is safe.

Yeah, my neighbor's son leaves this weekend for the Mexican MTC in preparation for the south Houston mission.

In some ways it is a perfect mission for him. Big strong kid who loves to help people. I think it's going to be a tough (seeing all the misery) and yet personally fulfilling mission for him.

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    Aside from the hurricanes, it is amazing how right now, something seems to be blocking the Jetstream on the west coast. We could use some rain (for forest fires) and wind (to clear the smoke) so bad right now. Hopefully something breaks it up soon.
    Capture.jpg
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Wat

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/f...213111921.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk