Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Football game talk: Utah v arizona

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    That's what I saw.

With Williams and no pass protect, we're going to have to figure something out. We can't roll out as effectively with Troy.

Pity that Carrington couldn't hold onto that bomb.
    Both sides of the ball need to be addressed. Too many sustained drives given up by D, and looks as if the OL didn't practice at all this week.
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

Tautioli as a fullback!
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Anyone else notice AZ’s RB is moving towards the line of scrimmage when the ball is snapped?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a conference road win vs a team that usually gives us trouble in a game where we lose our QB and a defensive star. Can't be unhappy about that. But, man, we got bailed out by several awful Dawkins throws and an epic Wilson drop.

That was the easiest remaining game on our schedule, right?

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Got a conference road win vs a team that usually gives us trouble in a game where we lose our QB and a defensive star. Can't be unhappy about that. But, man, we got bailed out by several awful Dawkins throws and an epic Wilson drop.

That was the easiest remaining game on our schedule, right?
    Maybe ASU is the other one?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

I don't know why any Utah fan believed that winning games in the PAC 12 was going to be easier than in the past simply by again changing OC's. This conference is tough. Every team has talented players and good coaches. Every team practices, watches film and does things to defend the other and to exploit the others defensive weaknesses. 4-0.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    Anyone else notice AZ’s RB is moving towards the line of scrimmage when the ball is snapped?

I was screaming about this all night.

This is the first time since joining the P12 that I didn't think Arizona had better athletes at every position.

Quote Originally Posted by UTEopia View Post
    I don't know why any Utah fan believed that winning games in the PAC 12 was going to be easier than in the past simply by again changing OC's. This conference is tough. Every team has talented players and good coaches. Every team practices, watches film and does things to defend the other and to exploit the others defensive weaknesses. 4-0.
    As Michael Wilbon likes to say: "They've got guys on their side on scholarship too, and coaches that are paid to try and beat you."
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Fans are people. People, collectively speaking, are biased and emotional.

Quote Originally Posted by UTEopia View Post

https://twitter.com/AthlonSports/status/912373639831592971

That was a really difficult interception too. It wasn't like a tipped pass that he played right. He played the route and made a difficult catch in front of the receiver.

Johnson and Guidry have been really bright spots on D so far this year.

Guidry said it was a film study INT. He saw tendencies in film, jumped the route, and the ball was where he thought it would be.

Amazing coming from a Freshman.