Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Football game talk: Utah v arizona

Football game talk: Utah v arizona

Ok, let's get this started.

First off, senioritis had a fabulous Tucson journey a few years back. Recommendations for restaurants, sights, or rock gardens are greatly appreciated.

Second, this is a game of two unknowns. The Utes are 3-0 but the teams they beat do not look good. Arizona beat utep by one thousand points, but this utep squad is putrid.

Third of all, I'll be in Tucson on Friday! I've got this one guys.

Quote Originally Posted by applejack View Post
    ok, let's get this started.

First off, senioritis had a fabulous tucson journey a few years back. Recommendations for restaurants, sights, or rock gardens are greatly appreciated.

Second, this is a game of two unknowns. The utes are 3-0 but the teams they beat do not look good. Arizona beat utep by one thousand points, but this utep squad is putrid.

Third of all, i'll be in tucson on friday! I've got this one guys.
    biosphere!

Tucson is home to the oldest Mexican Restaurant in the US and its phenomenal. El Charro Cafe in downtown Tucson.

http://ediblebajaarizona.com/wp-cont...rizona_07.jpeg

also the patio at the Star Pass Marriott is very tasty (well not the patio itself but their food)

http://cache.marriott.com/propertyim...ssp_main03.jpg
    Last edited by Scorcho; 09-19-2017 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    biosphere!
    Any site of a Paulie shore movie is a must.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    Tucson is home to the oldest Mexican Restaurant in the US and its phenomenal. El Charro Cafe in downtown Tucson.

http://ediblebajaarizona.com/wp-cont...rizona_07.jpeg

also the patio at the Star Pass Marriott is very tasty (well not the patio itself but their food)

http://cache.marriott.com/propertyim...ssp_main03.jpg
    Thanks. El charro is definitely on the list. Is the star pass Marriot a Marriot hotel. Tough for me to get excited about that. But when in Tucson...

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Ok, let's get this started.

First off, senioritis had a fabulous Tucson journey a few years back. Recommendations for restaurants, sights, or rock gardens are greatly appreciated.

Second, this is a game of two unknowns. The Utes are 3-0 but the teams they beat do not look good. Arizona beat utep by one thousand points, but this utep squad is putrid.

Third of all, I'll be in Tucson on Friday! I've got this one guys.
    I'm impressed. That is a long way for you to travel.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    I'm impressed. That is a long way for you to travel.
    I'm diehard

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    I'm diehard
    No, I’m Diehard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    No, I’m Diehard

Sorry, typo. I'm A diehard

I still love this.

1. anybody heard anything about Chase Hansen's status?

2. heard McBride say this am that Ariz ought to be able to defend against our new O, even though they are undersized and young, because they see it every day in practice. Not sure that is true, but wouldn't the reverse also be true? Can we defend the qb option better because we've seen it every day?

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post

2. heard McBride say this am that Ariz ought to be able to defend against our new O, even though they are undersized and young, because they see it every day in practice. Not sure that is true, but wouldn't the reverse also be true? Can we defend the qb option better because we've seen it every day?
    2. No, we can never defend the qb option.

How often do 1s practice against 1s during the week anyway? It's one thing to practice against Huntley, quite another for our defense to practice against whomever is the scout team QB this week.

I respect the hell out of Rodriguez (and Zona's SID) for releasing injury reports like these. They should be the standard in college football.

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/footba...ck-wilson-tate

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post
    How often do 1s practice against 1s during the week anyway? It's one thing to practice against Huntley, quite another for our defense to practice against whomever is the scout team QB this week.

Well, presumably you practice against it all spring and summer

I respect the hell out of Rodriguez (and Zona's SID) for releasing injury reports like these. They should be the standard in college football.

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/footba...ck-wilson-tate
    I'm not sure why it matters?

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    I'm not sure why it matters?
    Please. Find me the other major sport in this country where evasiveness about player injuries is not only tolerated but encouraged.

Well, presumably you practice against it all spring and summer
    There's a difference between practicing against what our offense runs, and what Arizona runs. Now I know you know that -- I'm just trying to give an explanation as to why Mac might say that.

Please. Find me the other major sport in this country where evasiveness about player injuries is not only tolerated but encouraged.
    Hockey! "Upper Body Injury" "Lower body injury"
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Hockey! "Upper Body Injury" "Lower body injury"
    Touche. But is hockey a major sport?

inevitably Utah will settle for 4 field goals and a couple of TD's, I say Utah 26 AZ 24

#allgayallday

Touche. But is hockey a major sport?
    Dammit!!! Yes!!!!

I think HIPAA requires that they be evasive.
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

--Philo

Nice start on both sides of the ball.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Nice start on both sides of the ball.
    Huntley out. Looks like maybe a collarbone to me.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Only got 3, but a 91 yard drive when Arizona was heading in for the tie is nice.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Huntley out. Looks like maybe a collarbone to me.
    Yeah grabbed right at the clavicle didn't he?
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

Quote Originally Posted by mUUser View Post
    Yeah grabbed right at the clavicle didn't he?
    That's what I saw.

With Williams and no pass protect, we're going to have to figure something out. We can't roll out as effectively with Troy.

Pity that Carrington couldn't hold onto that bomb.

Gotta put a drive together here to start the second half. If we do, we can keep them at arms length in the second half. Need to pressure their QB and force him into more bad throws.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk