Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FBI and DOJ Announce Corruption Charges in College Basketball

The story starts in the financial sector. With a financial manager, a suit maker, and Chuck Person.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...rds-corruption

Larry Krystkowiak talks frankly about recruiting in aftermath of FBI/NCAA scandal

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/utah-ut...-of-our-faces/

Good comments by Larry. I am starting to feel a little worried about what will happen next. I’m sure that the big targets of these investigations have hired the best law firms to represent them. I wonder what phone calls have been made to legislators, and what kind of pressure will be brought against the Department of Justice? My jaded side is starting to manifest itself. I hope there’s no backing down.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Larry Krystkowiak talks frankly about recruiting in aftermath of FBI/NCAA scandal

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/utah-ut...-of-our-faces/

Good comments by Larry. I am starting to feel a little worried about what will happen next. I’m sure that the big targets of these investigations have hired the best law firms to represent them. I wonder what phone calls have been made to legislators, and what kind of pressure will be brought against the Department of Justice? My jaded side is starting to manifest itself. I hope there’s no backing down.
    Larry was on with Bill Reilly today and said that the folks at Kuzma's prep school were trying to get 50k for Kyle to come on the visit, and then another 50k to get him to sign. Kyle and his guardian ended up paying their own way on the unofficial visit and he committed on the visit. They reported it to the NCAA at the time. Oh by the way, that prep school is still in business. Larry bringing the heat!
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

I wonder if Cedric Barfield got paid by Larry Brown or some shoe company to go to SMU.
    Last edited by concerned; 10-05-2017 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Larry was on with Bill Reilly today and said that the folks at Kuzma's prep school were trying to get 50k for Kyle to come on the visit, and then another 50k to get him to sign. Kyle and his guardian ended up paying their own way on the unofficial visit and he committed on the visit. They reported it to the NCAA at the time. Oh by the way, that prep school is still in business. Larry bringing the heat!
    dumb question about recruiting.
    Why did Kyle have to pay his own way for an unofficial? I'm assuming the H.S. has to sign off on the official visit?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    dumb question about recruiting.
    Why did Kyle have to pay his own way for an unofficial? I'm assuming the H.S. has to sign off on the official visit?
    I believe a school has to have a copy of the students transcript in order to make it an official visit. Why Kyle couldn't just send it to them, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Sullyute View Post
    I believe a school has to have a copy of the students transcript in order to make it an official visit. Why Kyle couldn't just send it to them, I don't know.
    maybe Kuz sent it to the wrong team or bounced it off his foot

that joke

A copy of both the transcript and a standardized test score are required.

Sounds like the prep school was playing games and Kuz and his guardian decided to just bypass it all together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am starting to think the hammer might come down on Sean Miller. His press conference to day was not good. Tillerson made a better try at plausible deniability than he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    A copy of both the transcript and a standardized test score are required.

Sounds like the prep school was playing games and Kuz and his guardian decided to just bypass it all together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    im just spitballing here, but I do know that official transcripts have to be issued from the school directly to the requesting party, and can't come into contact with the student. Maybe the U needed an official transcript, which n only come from the official channels.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    I am starting to think the hammer might come down on Sean Miller. His press conference to day was not good. Tillerson made a better try at plausible deniability than he did.
    What happened? Anything concrete?
    σοφῷ ἀνδρὶ Ἑλλὰς πάντα.
    -- Flavius Philostratus, Life of Apollonius 1.35.2.

It sounds like someone at the prep school was holding his transcripts hostage.

Hearing more indictments are coming in college hoops. Expected to happen within the next two weeks, I'm told.

8:29 AM - 6 Oct 2017

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/...24472550055938

Quote Originally Posted by Solon View Post

What happened? Anything concrete?
    No. Just body language and what he didn't say.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell