Thread: Utah vs Prairie A&M

Utah vs Prairie A&M

Just started watching.

Rawson -- still not a good player.

Quote Originally Posted by justaute View Post
    Just started watching.

Rawson -- still not a good player.
    Yeah, he's been bad. Ditto PVD and Bealer.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Yeah, he's been bad. Ditto PVD and Bealer.
    I still have questions about our coaching staff's ability to identify players. The "no turd" policy can't be an excuse all the time. Though 3 first-round drafts in 3 years do mean something.

Kinda glad Kuz left the program. Don't think he'd get much help and will get stifled by all the zoning against him.

Still early in the season I guess.

Oh...our next year's recruits, while seem terrific, don't appear to be any better -- if at par -- than other conference mates.
    Last edited by justaute; 11-10-2017 at 09:11 PM.

I still questions about our coaching staff's ability to identify players. The "no turd" policy can't be an excuse all the time.
    Well, none of those three were expected to do much.

Where's Jayce?

Well, none of those three were expected to do much.

Where's Jayce?
    Paper said he had an ankle injury. Back next week

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

How bad to you have to be to miss a wide open, turnaround lay-up at nearly 6'10"?

Our 3-pt shooting is atrocious. 3-14 so far.

47 fouls and counting. Glad to see the refs still think we pay to see them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took a peek at USC vs Cal State Fullerton....wow, USC is full of talent.

I love our players and am glad they work hard to perform, but if I am honest I see this season as a write-off. Next year will see us back on track, but this year we will be lucky to get an NIT invite.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    I love our players and am glad they work hard to perform, but if I am honest I see this season as a write-off. Next year will see us back on track, but this year we will be lucky to get an NIT invite.
    Agreed. If we finish 10th or better in the conference, that'd be a win for me.

Took a peek at USC vs Cal State Fullerton....wow, USC is full of talent.
    Looks like they bought some good players.

Agreed. If we finish 10th or better in the conference, that'd be a win for me.
    I think we can do better than that. Depends on the rest of the conference, I guess. Barefield and Collette are both good players. Bibbins may be an adequate Pac-12 PG. Jayce may be improved over last season. We'll see. There's some strength and athleticism in Seeley and Tillman - hoping that translates into defense and rebounding.

If PVD and Rawson are still getting major minutes in January, we may be in trouble.

Our crunch time 5 will be barefield, bibbins, bealer, johnson and Colette

If bealer can hit the corner 3 consistently we will fight for 4th seed

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

I have learned not to read too much into a game in November, much less the first game of the year.
    "It'd be nice to please everyone but I thought it would be more interesting to have a point of view." -- Oscar Levant

Quote Originally Posted by USS Utah View Post
    I have learned not to read too much into a game in November, much less the first game of the year.
    Astute observation.

We know Barefield is pretty good - against Prairie View A&M - I think he's more mature, probably better than last year. Bibbins shows promise as a spark plug. Collette looked great, against PVAM, Rawson looks like he's gotten a little better. Etc.

Based on last season's pretty obvious chemistry issues, and reports that this group is more cohesive, it will be watch.

Caldwell looks intriguing, Bealer *should* be an X factor who can be a threat from the corners, will Sealey find a way to use his impressive athletic ability? (We will desperately need length and athleticism on the front line, if for no other reason than defense and rebounding, very soon.)

My expectations are they play hard and get better.

Some people's too much is just other people's preliminary observation. Have played, coached, and watched long enough to know that Rawson is barely serviceable and Jokl contributes nothing.

Some people's too much is just other people's preliminary observation. Have played, coached, and watched long enough to know that Rawson is barely serviceable and Jokl contributes nothing.
    You left out PVD who is not a Pac-12 level player.

Tillman needs to get a lot of early season minutes---hopefully he can play 3 & 4. He has a nose for the ball and a broad Charles Barkley like base for rebounding.

Quote Originally Posted by Ma'ake View Post
    Rawson looks like he's gotten a little better.
    Rawson can become a serviceable player if he starts hitting from outside. Even then, he's a liability in pretty much everything else you need from a PF. I still think our best hope at PF is that someone develops quickly/strongly enough to take minutes away from Rawson.

Bealer *should* be an X factor who can be a threat from the corners
    I think we'd have seen it by now if Bealer were going to become a strong player for us.

I know this sounds pessimistic. I'm optimistic, but my hopes are mostly in other players.

I think we'd have seen it by now if Bealer were going to become a strong player for us.

I know this sounds pessimistic. I'm optimistic, but my hopes are mostly in other players.
    Bealer is behind this year though due to injury. He missed all summer, including conditioning.

I think the jury is still out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    Bealer is behind this year though due to injury. He missed all summer, including conditioning.

I think the jury is still out.
    I'm more optimistic for Bealer (killer B's!) than for Rawson. But he's been around for a long time without showing much.

I'm more optimistic for Bealer (killer B's!) than for Rawson. But he's been around for a long time without showing much.
    Bealer always looks like he is on cruise control. Would like to see him more in the middle of things---demanding the ball, but not in his personality.