Thread: Life in the Trump Era, Part 2

Hybrid View

Bannon torches Trump and his cadre in his book.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/..._reddit_is_fun

Some tidbits:

Bannon, speaking to author Michael Wolff, warned that the investigation into alleged collusion with the Kremlin will focus on money laundering and predicted: “They’re going to crack Don Junior like an egg on national TV.”
    The meeting was revealed by the New York Times in July last year, prompting Trump Jr to say no consequential material was produced. Soon after, Wolff writes, Bannon remarked mockingly: “The three senior guys in the campaign thought it was a good idea to meet with a foreign government inside Trump Tower in the conference room on the 25th floor – with no lawyers. They didn’t have any lawyers.
    “Even if you thought that this was not treasonous, or unpatriotic, or bad shit, and I happen to think it’s all of that, you should have called the FBI immediately.”
    Bannon has criticised Trump’s decision to fire Comey. In Wolff’s book, obtained by the Guardian ahead of publication from a bookseller in New England, he suggests White House hopes for a quick end to the Mueller investigation are gravely misplaced.
    “You realise where this is going,” he is quoted as saying. “This is all about money laundering. Mueller chose [senior prosecutor Andrew] Weissmann first and he is a money-laundering guy. Their path to fucking Trump goes right through Paul Manafort, Don Jr and Jared Kushner … It’s as plain as a hair on your face.”

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    Bannon torches Trump and his cadre in his book.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/..._reddit_is_fun

Some tidbits:
    Wow. Bannon trashing Trump. Such a pair of admirable men. How do we decide who we're cheering for in this one?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Wow. Bannon trashing Trump. Such a pair of admirable men. How do we decide who we're cheering for in this one?

I think in this case we're rooting for a bit of mutual destruction.

Bannon is out to destroy Jared and Don Jr. This is fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    Was it you who underlined the good parts?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Was it you who underlined the good parts?
    Katy Tur, at least it was her tweet

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    Bannon is out to destroy Jared and Don Jr. This is fun to watch.
    It seems he knows something, and is trying to put distance between himself and those who are prison-bound.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    It seems he knows something, and is trying to put distance between himself and those who are prison-bound.
    I love my liberal Ute friends here, but do you guys realize that you're treating Steve Bannon -- Steve Bannon! -- as some kind of whistleblower? To hear you all talk, Bannon was a lying fascist pig, and now he's telling the truth? How can anyone believe anything either Bannon or Trump says?

Again, I ask this question with love in my heart.

--Yeats

I love my liberal Ute friends here, but do you guys realize that you're treating Steve Bannon -- Steve Bannon! -- as some kind of whistleblower? To hear you all talk, Bannon was a lying fascist pig, and now he's telling the truth? How can anyone believe anything either Bannon or Trump says?

I havent said anything about Bannon's veracity. I have no idea if he is telling the truth or not. They likely are all pathological. I just love them all turning on each other. According to the author, the book has a lot more sources than Bannon, and much of what he writes was corroborated by several sources.

Do i think Trump barely reads and is semi illiterate? Of course. Dont you? Do i believe Trump thought he was going to lose and melania cried when he won? Yep, that has basically bee reported elsewhere.

Bannon said something to the effect that the Russia trail runs through Deutsche Bank, and seemed to be saying that there was collusion through Kushner. I suspect that if it is true, Mueller will find it.

Do I think there is a chance that Don Jr. took the attendees at the June 16 meeting upstairs to meet Trump? Sure. Bannon sure wants to take down Kushner and Don Jr. I wish him godspeed.
    Last edited by concerned; 01-03-2018 at 10:41 PM.

They speak the truth only when it suits them.