Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post

https://www.psychologytoday.com/conditions/narcissistic-personality-disorder

I see this all the time in problem physicians I help clients deal with. Often brilliant clinicians have NPD. It's tragic to watch as they wreck their careers and hurt people around them, including their patients.
As I have said before, I worked as a young associate for two separate senior litigators each of whom had NPD. Trump reminds me of them very much. The difference, though, is that they were very smart, skilled, and able to read and analyze complex briefs or arguments and process large amounts information quickly. Same must be true with brain surgeons, etc. Not true with Trump. There has been a lot of speculation that his inability to process information suggests the early stages of dementia. There have been a spate of articles recently pointing out his speech patterns in interviews, particularly the NYT interview last week; I saw one the other day that showed him drinking water behind a podium on two separate occasions. Both times he held the cup in both hands and moved it to his mouth very deliberately, like a child trying not to spill hot chocolate. That might suggest a loss of motor control, although from all accounts he is a very good golfer, esp. for his age.