Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 91 to 96 of 96

Thread: Up the wazzu... Utah vs Washington St Football Thread

  1. #91
    Sam the Sheepdog LA Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    15,090
    So a question for the football minds here:

    If Troy Taylor has an o-line that Utah recruited for one of its prior offenses — road graders, as UTEopia calls them — shouldn’t Taylor adjust his offense to match that group’s capabilities? Or is he already trying to do that?

    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

    "Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

    “True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

    --John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

  2. #92

    Up the wazzu... Utah vs Washington St Football Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    So a question for the football minds here:

    If Troy Taylor has an o-line that Utah recruited for one of its prior offenses — road graders, as UTEopia calls them — shouldn’t Taylor adjust his offense to match that group’s capabilities? Or is he already trying to do that?
    Joseph Silverzweig just Tweeted this eye popper out. Turns out road grading isn't our cup of tea either.



    Edit: Has the code for embedding Tweets changed? I’ve had a hell of a time getting them to actually show up lately.

    Anyway, here’s a screen shot.

    Last edited by Dwight Schr-Ute; 11-14-2017 at 11:30 AM.

  3. #93
    Somebody just posted this on Youtube--Mighty Alaskan Ute calling in to Gunther defending Huntley.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQNi...ature=youtu.be

    P.s. gunther is a blowhard

  4. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Joseph Silverzweig just Tweeted this eye popper out. Turns out road grading isn't our cup of tea either.



    Edit: Has the code for embedding Tweets changed? I’ve had a hell of a time getting them to actually show up lately.

    Anyway, here’s a screen shot.
    Silveerzweig followed up that tweet with these:


    • Joseph Silverzweig@JSilverzweigNov 11More

      What I like and find exciting about this Utah football team is that historical weaknesses are compensating for traditional strengths.Every year it’s “With these lines, we just need a QB and a secondary.” Now we’ve got them. Harding and Whit will have the lines working soon.

    • Joseph Silverzweig@JSilverzweig2h2 hours agoMore

      With all those lousy line numbers, all those extra TFLs and sacks, Utah’s taken only a .2 yards per play step back, in conference. Completion % is up 8 points. TDs are up. Explosive plays are up. Despite the line.I’m quite optimistic.

      Joseph Silverzweig@JSilverzweig
      2h2 hours agoMore

    • Joseph Silverzweig Retweeted Joseph Silverzweig
      My takeaway from these and other numbers, as well as my observations, is that judgments of any other offensive unit or scheme are premature. Much of the time, there's no way to tell what other players' assignments are or what the play call is.

  5. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    Somebody just posted this on Youtube--Mighty Alaskan Ute calling in to Gunther defending Huntley.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQNi...ature=youtu.be

    P.s. gunther is a blowhard
    That was great!

  6. #96
    Sam the Sheepdog LA Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    15,090
    Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    Silveerzweig followed up that tweet with these:


    • Joseph Silverzweig@JSilverzweigNov 11More

      What I like and find exciting about this Utah football team is that historical weaknesses are compensating for traditional strengths.Every year it’s “With these lines, we just need a QB and a secondary.” Now we’ve got them. Harding and Whit will have the lines working soon.

    • Joseph Silverzweig@JSilverzweig2h2 hours agoMore

      With all those lousy line numbers, all those extra TFLs and sacks, Utah’s taken only a .2 yards per play step back, in conference. Completion % is up 8 points. TDs are up. Explosive plays are up. Despite the line.I’m quite optimistic.

      Joseph Silverzweig@JSilverzweig
      2h2 hours agoMore

    • Joseph Silverzweig Retweeted Joseph Silverzweig
      My takeaway from these and other numbers, as well as my observations, is that judgments of any other offensive unit or scheme are premature. Much of the time, there's no way to tell what other players' assignments are or what the play call is.
    I think that's all very encouraging.

    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

    "Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

    “True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

    --John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •