Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barking up the wrong tree... Utah at Washington

Hybrid View

Barking up the wrong tree... Utah at Washington

10:30 EST ESPN kick

I bet wash will run qb read option about 20 times at Anae.
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Uh, Jake Browning won't finish the season if that is the case.

I can't remember the last time I believed we had 0% chance of winning a game. It is actually sort of liberating.

Quote Originally Posted by UTEopia View Post
    I can't remember the last time I believed we had 0% chance of winning a game. It is actually sort of liberating.
    UW lost to ASU, so they can lose to anyone. There are 4 good teams in the Pac-12 (no great teams), and we have played basically even with 3 of them. So UW is a winnable game. It's also a game we could lose by 25.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    UW lost to ASU, so they can lose to anyone. There are 4 good teams in the Pac-12 (no great teams), and we have played basically even with 3 of them. So UW is a winnable game. It's also a game we could lose by 25.
    I would hold out Chase Hansen, Fitts, Agavisa, and anybody else who may get well with an extra week recovery, and save them for Colorado. Dont play anybody who is a game time decision.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    I would hold out Chase Hansen, Fitts, Agavisa, and anybody else who may get well with an extra week recovery, and save them for Colorado. Dont play anybody who is a game time decision.
    I'm with you. If I have to sit in a cold 8:00 PM kickoff at the end of November for Utah to become bowl eligible, we better win.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post

I wouldnt hold out Fitts. Just wait till he gets injured after the 2nd quarter.
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

So, you're saying we have a chance?

I know this may sound ironic coming from a Mormon, but the fact that UW's Chris Petersen is a Scientologist sorta creeps me out.

I have watched a few of those Anti-Scientologist shows with the TV wife of Kevin James from King of Queens, and I want Utah to defeat the Huskies simply to squash any Scientologist good will.

Per Bill Riley

Chase Hansen, Sunia Tauteoli, Casey Hughes and Kylie Fitts are all OUT tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    Per Bill Riley

Chase Hansen, Sunia Tauteoli, Casey Hughes and Kylie Fitts are all OUT tonight.

Uhh...why not hold out moss, Carrington, and lotulelei while we are at it?

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Uhh...why not hold out moss, Carrington, and lotulelei while we are at it?
    Updated....Carrington is out as well.

Updated....Carrington is out as well.

Updated update.....Carrington has appeared and is warming up. He was not on the field for receiver drills.

Apparently Bill Riley needs new info. Chris Kamrani just posted video of Tautoeli warning up.

Washington's season per-game average vs. what Utah produced last night:

Points allowed: 13. Utah had 30.

Offensive yards allowed: 257. Utah had 410.

Passing yards allowed: 156. Utah had 293.

First downs allowed: 15. Utah had 22.

Rushing yards allowed: 101. Utah had 117. (This is the only offensive area where we did not shine. UW has the best run defense in the PAC-12. And yet we mostly ran when we absolutely had to make a first down.)

So our offense did more than enough to win, against a great defense. Kudos to them and to Troy Taylor.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Lots of designed QB runs tonight.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Been waiting two years for that fake punt! Awesome.

On every obvious passing down, we get sacked, hurried, or pressured. I think that's why we ran it on 3rd and goal from the 8. We can't trust the pass protection.

Been waiting two years for that fake punt! Awesome.

On every obvious passing down, we get sacked, hurried, or pressured. I think that's why we ran it on 3rd and goal from the 8. We can't trust the pass protection.
    We run Huntley up the middle way too much

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    We run Huntley up the middle way too much

It's ok when we score a td though

Browning found his missing game when he converted that 4th and 10.

That fake punt was awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    That fake punt was awesome
    Onside kick. Going for it on 4th down. Fake punt. Leaving it all out there.

How do we not get inn the grasp called on that 3rd down???

Wish we could get those crucial 1st downs with the game on the line.

--Yeats

Worst time out call ever

Worst time out call ever
    That made no sense at all. What was that?

Made no sense at all.

Kyle may as well have gift wrapped that with a card.

Tough game, the guys played their heads off, but we did choke at the end. Too bad.

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Tough game, the guys played their heads off, but we did choke at the end. Too bad.
    You mean Kyle choked.