Thread: Up the mizzou.. Utah vs Missouri

Up the mizzou.. Utah vs Missouri

Defense playing stalwart tonight.

The gardener playing well off the bench.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Utah vs Mizzou

Our offense started very slowly, but thanks to our D, kept Mizzou from any scoring rhythm. Then, went on a nice run to close the 1st half. I think it all started with Tillman, who has 11 pts in the 1st half. Then Barefield and Rawson got going to close out the half. Definitely need Bealer's outside shooting -- was 1/10 on 3 pt shots. Our D has kept Mizzou off balance.

Go Utes!

Early in the 2nd half, nice seeing Rawson's outside shots are falling. He's also getting into rebounding positions. Happy seeing him step-up -- just gotta keep on grinding.

Fun win. Everyone did something good.

Some thoughts:

Colette has the best post moves in the conference

For all I've heard about bibbins being a super ft shooter he's missed 2 front ends of 1x1 so far

Raw dog is improved. The gardener playing good minutes.

When we limit turnovers we win

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

I really liked the way the Utes moved the ball on offense and communicated on defense. I don't think Mizzou is a great team, but they are a physical, strong, athletic group.

Great game, that's the definition of a team win.

Missou really struggled shooting in the first half, but our D had something to do with that. Some defensive breakdowns to fix, but overall the team looked remarkably "gelled" for a third game. Bibbins and Barefield are a nice combo, because they can both play the point and both can score, though in the PAC their size will be brutally exploited.

Pleasant emergence of Tillman, Gabe looks like he's growing into the Senior mindset.

Big difference in chemistry - letting Daniels and Zamora go was the right call.

Interesting to see Missouri fans say they lost to a talented veteran team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe the team will be better than I expected. Hats off to Larry!

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post

So, is Missouri that bad?
    The first 15 minutes was a rough watch, then the Utes found some shooting with about 4 min. to go in the first half. I was pleasantly surprised to see Rawson hitting some shots.

Missouri looked really feeble, but I guess that's what good defense does to people. . . ?
    σοφῷ ἀνδρὶ Ἑλλὰς πάντα.
    -- Flavius Philostratus, Life of Apollonius 1.35.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Solon View Post
    So, is Missouri that bad?
    The first 15 minutes was a rough watch, then the Utes found some shooting with about 4 min. to go in the first half. I was pleasantly surprised to see Rawson hitting some shots.

Missouri looked really feeble, but I guess that's what good defense does to people. . . ?
    I'd like to think that was all Utah last night, but I think Mizzou was just bad.

But, we have a chance to go 2-0 vs the SEC on Monday night.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post

Well, we did start 4 seniors

Mizzou had some talent & they were a really big team.

Typical Cuonzo team---great recruiter, probably not clean, but not a very good coach. Mizzou made no adjustments---& could not consistently post up our much smaller guards.

On the other hand Utes had a great plan to double/trap their big guys.

Quote Originally Posted by UTEopia View Post
    Well, we did start 4 seniors
    All of them transfers.

They have experience, but not necessarily with each other.

Missou fan-site's take on the game.
    https://www.rockmnation.com/2017/11/...all-recap-yuck

Good things to say about Utes & Larry K.

It doesn't look like Missouri will end the year as a strong win for our resume.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...-hope-missouri
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    It doesn't look like Missouri will end the year as a strong win for our resume.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...-hope-missouri
    Pretty amusing that Missouri hired porters dad and now doesn't even get the payoff.