Thread: Ole..ole ole ole ... Utah vs Ole Miss - 9:30 Pacific Tip off

Ole..ole ole ole ... Utah vs Ole Miss - 9:30 Pacific Tip off

MGM Resorts Main Event on At&T sports net whatever the hell that is. Doesnt look Like I'll be able to watch as it doesnt even stream. Anybody have any info?
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    MGM Resorts Main Event on At&T sports net whatever the hell that is. Doesnt look Like I'll be able to watch as it doesnt even stream. Anybody have any info?

ATT Sports Net is the old Root sports that that Jazz games are on. It is 693 on Comcast.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    ATT Sports Net is the old Root sports that that Jazz games are on. It is 693 on Comcast.
    And 412-04 on dish.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    And 412-04 on dish.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    I wish i could watch this game

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

I just found it using my brother's dish TV. It looks and sounds like a projector reel from the 70s. The announcers sound like they are doing this for the first time.

...but we are winning 9-4.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    I just found it using my brother's dish TV. It looks and sounds like a projector reel from the 70s. The announcers sound like they are doing this for the first time.

...but we are winning 9-4.
    Yeah. Pretty bad audio. Utes up 36-34 w 2:22 left in the half
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Barefield hot in first half. Now it's Bibbins in the 2nd.

Good guys win. Bibbins was huge. Lots of turnovers.

I stayed up and watched until the bitter end, and was impressed. The team plays with good chemistry and great unselfishness. They are very good at moving the ball. This should be a fun team to watch. They won’t be world beaters, but I think they’ll surprise some people and perhaps get into the postseason.

I like that Donnie Tillman kid.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Nice to see the team not panic and get good shots when the lead was cut to 2 or 3. Good win.
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Quote Originally Posted by hostile View Post
    Nice to see the team not panic and get good shots when the lead was cut to 2 or 3. Good win.
    We get a massively talented, yet still under the radar UNLV team on Wednesday. Might have to change expectations on this season if we can win in what promises to be a very challenging environment. And it's gonna be on an ESPN channel of some kind. Hyped!

I’ve got to admit I’m a bit surprised because of the wins over Ole Miss and Missouri. Two weeks ago I was talking to someone and we were both planning on this being a bit of a throwaway season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UNLV game will be another 10:30 MT start, but at least this time it will be on ESPN2.

Am I crazy to think that I see a little bit of Alex Jensen in Donnie Tillman's game?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post
    I’ve got to admit I’m a bit surprised because of the wins over Ole Miss and Missouri. Two weeks ago I was talking to someone and we were both planning on this being a bit of a throwaway season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rocker - remember when we were 4-0 in football. Pump the brakes, a lot of games left to play.

Quote Originally Posted by UTEopia View Post
    Rocker - remember when we were 4-0 in football. Pump the brakes, a lot of games left to play.

that being said I think there is a decent chance we are undefeated going in to conference play.

I only caught the first half, so perhaps it improved, but I was a bit concerned that our bigs got stuffed at the rim a few times...and in some cases didn't even make it to the rim because they brought the ball down to the guards level first and had it stolen. Catch the ball, put it in the hoop!
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    UNLV game will be another 10:30 MT start, but at least this time it will be on ESPN2.

Am I crazy to think that I see a little bit of Alex Jensen in Donnie Tillman's game?
    I've been thinking the same thing but hesitated to say it. Donnie seems to have some of that DNA where as a freshman you can see him playing smart, tough, and making the right play 9 times out of 10.

That 4-0 FB start was largely a mirage based on the opposition we were playing. Ole Miss had two players chosen 2nd team preseason all-SEC in a league that cannibalizes itself in hoops like ours does in football. No, Ole Miss ain't Kentucky, but this is a win that will help us in March.

That we're getting production from Bibbs and Tillman so early, and Rawson has shown to be vastly improved, there's nothing wrong with a little exuberance early when one remembers how dreadful March and April were last year.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post
    That 4-0 FB start was largely a mirage based on the opposition we were playing. Ole Miss had two players chosen 2nd team preseason all-SEC in a league that cannibalizes itself in hoops like ours does in football. No, Ole Miss ain't Kentucky, but this is a win that will help us in March.

That we're getting production from Bibbs and Tillman so early, and Rawson has shown to be vastly improved, there's nothing wrong with a little exuberance early when one remembers how dreadful March and April were last year.
    Last night and against Mizzou, we moved the ball around and found the open guy, penetrated, and played faster. it has been fun to watch. I was prepared to write off this year, but maybe not.
    Last edited by concerned; 11-21-2017 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    Last night and against Mizzou, we moved the ball around and found the open guy, penetrated, and played faster. it has been fun to watch.
    Agreed. I was very pleasantly surprised. Hadn't seen them play this year.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

and so far nobody has complained about inbound plays

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    and so far nobody has complained about inbound plays
    I have. Just not publicly.

I know, I'm not buying tickets to the NCAA tournament right now, but I honestly thought we were going to get drubbed by any marginally decent team this year. I had any school that wasn't a sub-directional school (Northwest College of Eastern Kentucky) chalked up as losses.

Speaking of which, I miss playing Athletes in Action. I always felt like I could skip church for the week after the halftime message.
    Last edited by Rocker Ute; 11-21-2017 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    As Nimitz said to Turner, "Delete all after 'crazy.'"

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
    "It'd be nice to please everyone but I thought it would be more interesting to have a point of view." -- Oscar Levant