Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: 2017-2018 NCAA Basketball

  1. #1

    2017-2018 NCAA Basketball

    Put all the goings on of NCAA basketball here.
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

    "And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

  2. #2
    VCU/UVa is on right now in the 2nd half, and VCU just cut a 10 point lead to two.

  3. #3
    Woof. Huskies are getting whipped by Va Tech. I'm sure there is a joke in there somewhere.

  4. #4
    Some good games to watch at work today:

    Marquette/VCU at 12:30
    Wichita St/Cal at 2:30

    And some for home:

    UCLA/Creighton at 5:00
    Texas A&M/Okie St at 5:00
    Baylor/Wisconsin at 7:30
    Michigan/LSU at 9:00
    UNC/Stanford at 9:30

    Get yer fill this week because college basketball takes a month off in Dec before good games return in Jan.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Some good games to watch at work today:

    Marquette/VCU at 12:30
    Wichita St/Cal at 2:30

    And some for home:

    UCLA/Creighton at 5:00
    Texas A&M/Okie St at 5:00
    Baylor/Wisconsin at 7:30
    Michigan/LSU at 9:00
    UNC/Stanford at 9:30

    Get yer fill this week because college basketball takes a month off in Dec before good games return in Jan.
    UCLA goes down to Creighton.

    Mizzou is up by 2 over Emporia State late in the 2nd half. I think Missouri is just not good.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    UCLA goes down to Creighton.

    Mizzou is up by 2 over Emporia State late in the 2nd half. I think Missouri is just not good.
    Cal choked their game away as well. They were up big on the Shockers and eventually gave it away.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

    Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

  7. #7
    Big night for basketball fans. UNC vs MSU. A&M vs USC. Duke vs Florida.

  8. #8
    ACC/Big10 Challenge starts tonight. Not sure why we didn't create this with the Big12 before the SEC did. We could still do the Big East, though!

  9. #9
    Not sure where else to put this:

    Dyslexics of the world, untie!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    UCLA goes down to Creighton.

    Mizzou is up by 2 over Emporia State late in the 2nd half. I think Missouri is just not good.
    Mizzou loses by 4 to #23 ranked West Va.

  11. #11
    Senior Member justaute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    SLC-FW-Pitt
    Posts
    1,100
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Standing ute View Post
    Mizzou loses by 4 to #23 ranked West Va.
    Did Porter Jr play?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by justaute View Post
    Did Porter Jr play?
    He is out for the year; either had or will have season ending surgery. has never played for Mizzou, but his brother has, and his dad has a job.

  13. #13
    Senior Member justaute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    SLC-FW-Pitt
    Posts
    1,100
    Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    He is out for the year; either had or will have season ending surgery. has never played for Mizzou, but his brother has, and his dad has a job.
    Thanks. I believed he played a bit in the game against Iowa State.

  14. #14
    Gonzaga loses to Villanova in their last meaningful basketball game until March.

    Crazy. How does Few convince these guys that an annual hibernation is a good idea?

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Gonzaga loses to Villanova in their last meaningful basketball game until March.

    Crazy. How does Few convince these guys that an annual hibernation is a good idea?
    Why does the big10 play conference games right now? Then they go back to non conference until January

    Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

    "And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •