Thread: Taking down Jonny Reb... Utah vs Unlv tmobile arena 1230 AM EST

Taking down Jonny Reb... Utah vs Unlv tmobile arena 1230 AM EST

Its on Espn 2 so that is great. I can't find a line for the game yet. all the books are still showing the line for the Ole miss game.
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    Its on Espn 2 so that is great. I can't find a line for the game yet. all the books are still showing the line for the Ole miss game.
    My guess is UNLV -5. And we'll see a line later tonight, maybe not until tomorrow morning.

7-0 center Brandon McCoy is the real deal. Averaging 20 and 12 while playing just 23 MPG. Five guys averaging double figures and size for miles.

They defend well (teams shoot just 35 percent) and they're outscoring the opposition by 30 PPG (that is not a typo). Best opponent is Eastern Washington (which beat Stanford), cruising to a 15-point win and leading by 20-plus in the second half.

Their schedule has been worse than ours, but McCoy is legitimate. Given Collette and Johnson's propensity for fouling, we can't afford to lose them to foul trouble. We can win, but we don't have anyone close to McCoy's ability. If he runs wild, we could lose decisively.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post
    7-0 center Brandon McCoy is the real deal. Averaging 20 and 12 while playing just 23 MPG. Five guys averaging double figures and size for miles.

They defend well (teams shoot just 35 percent) and they're outscoring the opposition by 30 PPG (that is not a typo). Best opponent is Eastern Washington (which beat Stanford), cruising to a 15-point win and leading by 20-plus in the second half.

Their schedule has been worse than ours, but McCoy is legitimate. Given Collette and Johnson's propensity for fouling, we can't afford to lose them to foul trouble. We can win, but we don't have anyone close to McCoy's ability. If he runs wild, we could lose decisively.
    Utah -1.5 opening line

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Line at Utah -3 right now.

Taking down Jonny Reb... Utah vs Unlv tmobile arena 1230 AM EST

I just saw Donnie Tillman dunk over McCoy. It was a jaw-dropper. The kid is going to be good.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

And just like that, Collette has his 2 early fouls.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Standing with your hands straight up is a foul?

Not sure what this means but Rawson is our best player.

Not shooting well tonight

You have to wonder if he has hit his ceiling here. Doesn't seem to have improved much from last year, and still gets in foul trouble. Granted, it was a terrible call, but still...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Wow, got ugly quickly.

--Yeats

Ha. Now sure what this means? It means we’re not very good. That has to change.

Is bibbins going to make a 3 pointer this year?

Poopola plays hard but looks lost out there

Good thing this will be the only large super athletic team we will play this year

Regression to the mean. Or, just the result of playing against real talent. Or,.....screw it.

No seely tonight. Wonder why...

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    No seely tonight. Wonder why...

Flu. Per Riley.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

McCoy ran wild on us and even missed major minutes with fouls in the first half and still flirted with a 30-20 game against us. And we couldn't hit water from a boat. That's how you get a blowout.

Start Tillman and Johnson, and bring Colette and Bealer off the bench.

Mizzou and Mississippi showed that we aren't bad, and now we have confirmation of not being good either.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Mizzou and Mississippi showed that we aren't bad, and now we have confirmation of not being good either.
    NIT this season — preferably with 2-3 tournament wins — would satisfy me and would bode well for the future, I think.

--Yeats

I don't believe that helped our tournament* resume.

* - tournament = CBI

NIT this season — preferably with 2-3 tournament wins — would satisfy me and would bode well for the future, I think.
    Especially since the league (again) just isn't that good when we step out of league play.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post
    Especially since the league (again) just isn't that good when we step out of league play.
    One nice thing about knowing we're not a tournament team is not having to worry about rpi. I can root against the rest of the conference with a clear conscience.

Awesome that cal lost to chaminade, zona lost to the wolf pack, and Oregon lost at home to uconn.

One nice thing about knowing we're not a tournament team is not having to worry about rpi. I can root against the rest of the conference with a clear conscience.

Awesome that cal lost to chaminade, zona lost to the wolf pack, and Oregon lost at home to uconn.
    I may be alone in this, but I am a long way from writing off our chances to go to the big dance. I wouldn't necessarily bet that way right now, but I think its possible.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    I may be alone in this, but I am a long way from writing off our chances to go to the big dance. I wouldn't necessarily bet that way right now, but I think its possible.
    Alright, but I'm still rooting against everyone else in the conference.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    Kodiak’s teams usually are markedly improved at the end of the season vs the start. I can see them being disruptive in the Pac-12 tournament.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright, but I'm still rooting against everyone else in the conference.
    I love seeing Arizona lose back to back!