Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Matt Gay thread

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Wins the Groza award!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    LaUte is furious!

Ps, mitch was robbed! He ought to use the snub to come back even stronger next year!

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Wins the Groza award!

Not bad for a walk on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    LaUte is furious!

Ps, mitch was robbed! He ought to use the snub to come back even stronger next year!
    I want 5 fake punts next year. Make it happen, Kyle.

“It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Mitch was robbed. The time he scooped up the bad snap, ran away from the punt rush, and got off a left footed punt is the single greatest punting highlight in the history of football. A left footed punt! I don't think any other punter in any league could have done what he did that day.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Mitch was robbed. The time he scooped up the bad snap, ran away from the punt rush, and got off a left footed punt is the single greatest punting highlight in the history of football. A left footed punt! I don't think any other punter in any league could have done what he did that day.
    Great news for Gay.
    #allgayallday!!
    σοφῷ ἀνδρὶ Ἑλλὰς πάντα.
    -- Flavius Philostratus, Life of Apollonius 1.35.2.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Yeah, the committee was obviously looking for the best punter not from Utah. Seriously, this is the biggest catastrophe in the illustrious history of the Ray guy award. Next year the offense should be adjusted so that Mitch has the maximum chances to show off his talents (fake punts, pinning opponents deep, laying people out, etc). We can not let this aggression stand!

The Matt Gay thread

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Yeah, the committee was obviously looking for the best punter not from Utah. Seriously, this is the biggest catastrophe in the illustrious history of the Ray guy award. Next year the offense should be adjusted so that Mitch has the maximum chances to show off his talents (fake punts, pinning opponents deep, laying people out, etc). We can not let this aggression stand!
    Now you’re talking! KW doesn’t interfere in the offense but special teams are one of his passions. It’s time we tailor the O to our strengths. Forget the throw game and the run game. Build around the kick game. Punt in first down and let the D do its job. We have a chance to start the next revolution in college football.

Last edited by LA Ute; 12-08-2017 at 04:29 AM.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Now you’re talking! KW doesn’t interfere in the offense but special teams are one of his passions. It’s time we tailor the O to our strengths. Forget the throw game and the run game. Build around the kick game. Punt in first down and let the D do its job. We have a chance to start the next revolution in college football.

With Mitch anything is possible. Punt on first down? You bet, and he'll pin you deep! Punt on second down? No wait, it's a fake! Punt deep in enemy territory? No worries, Mitch will put them even deeper. ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!

Exactly. I see offensive possessions like this: A fake punt on first down, and Mitch advances the ball to midfield. Another intentionally short punt to the 20 results in a fumble, forced by our superb punt coverage team, and Matt Gay kicks an easy field goal. The Utes don’t even have to bother with the red zone. I’m not even sure we would need an offensive coordinator any more.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell