Thread: Andy hill grudge match.. Utah vs e Washington

Andy hill grudge match.. Utah vs e Washington

Utah coach andy hill is a e dub grad.

Utes up 18 at half. Collette with 16 so far.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    Utah coach andy hill is a e dub grad.

Utes up 18 at half. Collette with 16 so far.

A nice 16 point win where the utes led by 30+ for a lot of the 2nd half

"Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

A few observations based on tonight and the first six games in general...

-I think the UNLV game was an anomaly for Collette. He'll have a couple more games against big, athletic centers like McCoy (Ayton from Arizona says hello), but for the most part I think he'll be a steady 12-15 ppg guy most nights.

-Bibbins is steady at the point but I don't expect much offense from him. He may have an occasional outburst like the Ole Miss game but I think that will be rare.

-Barefield and Bealer are going to determine a lot of how good this team is. When they are on we will be tough, but Bealer turns invisible way too often and Barefield tends to become a turnover and brick machine every other game. Some level of consistency from those two would go a long way. We need them because if they aren't performing what then? More minutes for PVD and Caldwell???

-Following on that last point, this might be the shallowest Utah team I can remember, with the exception of the six-win team in Larry's first year. Even when Barefield and Bealer are playing well this team goes about seven deep. We really need some sort of contribution from Seeley, PVD and Caldwell, even if it's just being solid on D and taking care of the ball. It was near disaster going deep on the bench against EWU, it won't be pretty in PAC 12 play.

-Rawson has been the steadiest guy on the team this year. I may have to eat some crow on that, but we'll see how that holds up one we get into the PAC 12 season.

-Donnie Tillman is the best thing going on this team. He makes some mistakes and needs to slow down a little on offense but I see a very bright future for him. Alex Jensen DNA.

Quote Originally Posted by UBlender View Post
    A
    -Rawson has been the steadiest guy on the team this year. I may have to eat some crow on that, but we'll see how that holds up one we get into the PAC 12 season.

-Donnie Tillman is the best thing going on this team. He makes some mistakes and needs to slow down a little on offense but I see a very bright future for him. Alex Jensen DNA.
    Missed the game. Glad to see Rawson playing much more consistently. Hopeful Tillman continues to develop.

I also have to eat crow on Rawson—-he is much improved. A very good passer & he is rebounding,
    Tillman’s gets better with every game. Hope the other incoming recruits are at his level.

Larry K is a good coach, his players improve & he has a solid game plan.

EWU had a bunch of Eastern European pasty white guys who were smart, but not overly athletic. How did they beat Stanford?? Or is Stanford that bad?

And AZ just went 0-3 in a tourney??

So a kid made the half court shot...for $5,000. But he’s posted on Twitter that he’s been told he’s not getting the money because he’s 17....and he claims they knew that prior to him taking the shot

It’ll be interesting to see how that plays out, the sponsor, Mountain America, is taking a lot of heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    So a kid made the half court shot...for $5,000. But he’s posted on Twitter that he’s been told he’s not getting the money because he’s 17....and he claims they knew that prior to him taking the shot

It’ll be interesting to see how that plays out, the sponsor, Mountain America, is taking a lot of heat
    Probably because insurance won’t cover it. But that is low enough to just pay out of their marketing budget.

The bad publicity is going to cost them a whole lot more than $5k. Just pay the kid and make the stipulations more explicit next time, or quit being a sponsor.

Am I the only one who remembers how good Rawson was last November? I hope he really has progressed, but I won't be surprised if he is completely shut down whenever we play a good opponent.

What are our team strengths and weaknesses?

We have a handful of guys who can get hot from outside. We have a good post player. We are unselfish.

We don't have anyone who can create his own shot. We don't have a lock down defender, a shot blocker, a glass eater, or a great ball handler.

What does the rotation settle into for this team?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    The bad publicity is going to cost them a whole lot more than $5k. Just pay the kid and make the stipulations more explicit next time, or quit being a sponsor.

the kid should sue--like the guy who sued Trump for $1 million after he made a hole in one at a charity golf tourney and Trump wouldn't pay b/c the hole was too short to qualify, and Trump had deliberately placed the cup on the green so that the hole was too short.

http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/do...st-report-says

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    It may be complicated. Mountain America CU sponsors the contest, but may have it paid through an insurance policy. But it was likely a university marketing employee who chose the contestant. So there is probably some shared responsibility. I think MACU comes out looking the worst. They could stand to lose more than $5,000.00 in bad publicity, even though it wasn’t their fault. If they are smart, and their lawyers don’t get in the way, they could turn it into good publicity by putting $5k in an education trust account for the kid instead.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    It may be complicated. Mountain America CU sponsors the contest, but may have it paid through an insurance policy. But it was likely a university marketing employee who chose the contestant. So there is probably some shared responsibility. I think MACU comes out looking the worst. They could stand to lose more than $5,000.00 in bad publicity, even though it wasn’t their fault. If they are smart, and their lawyers don’t get in the way, they could turn it into good publicity by putting $5k in an education trust account for the kid instead.
    MACR has tweeted out that it was not the sponsor of the contest.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    I’m sure it’s an insurance company, just like hole in one contests.

They’re notorious for trying to get out of paying. We used to set some of those up when I worked in golf. If it was off by an inch, no pay.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    MACR should pay him anyhow. That would be excellent PR.

The U’s silence on this whole thing just looks bad, but I’m not surprised.

After the fly over that was advertised never happened last game I tweeted both athletics and Utah Utes Marketing asking what happened. They just ignored me.

The U seems to not grasp the idea that social media is a two way street.

Glad the U has contacted him.

Quote Originally Posted by UBlender View Post
    A few observations based on tonight and the first six games in general...

-I think the UNLV game was an anomaly for Collette. He'll have a couple more games against big, athletic centers like McCoy (Ayton from Arizona says hello), but for the most part I think he'll be a steady 12-15 ppg guy most nights.
    I think the big thing for Collette will be adjusting his offensive game to the defensive pressure facing him. Early in the UNLV game he showed an ability to use his array of fakes and moves to get a better shot off, and then altered the shot to avoid being blocked... but in that game he was coming up short. DC's best skill as a player is a pretty instinctive ability to alter his attack. If he can adapt vs PAC-12 bigs, and feed Rawson and some cutters, then he'll be solid.

Agree on the rest of the observations. Bealer needs to be consistently "hungry" to have an impact. Barefield could benefit from setting up another 2 feet out. As defenders elevate to put pressure on his 3 shot, then he can penetrate and take advantage of the 5-on-4.

And now Chris Hill has called the shooter, they’re sending him the money. (Guessing the U is just paying it, rather than fight the insurance company)

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    And now Chris Hill has called the shooter, they’re sending him the money. (Guessing the U is just paying it, rather than fight the insurance company)

They probably found some loose change between Larry K's sofa cushions.