Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bowl game thread

Hybrid View

Bowl game thread

So who and where do we play? Espn has us in Detroit or Yankee stadium.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mormon Red Death; 11-25-2017 at 11:27 PM.
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Cbs has us playing iowa st in the Texas bowl December 27

"Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    Cbs has us playing iowa st in the Texas bowl December 27

This would be an amazing game. They beat both (10-2) TCU and (11-1) Oklahoma this year.

I've read the Cactus Bowl as an option vs. Texas as well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Sbnation has us playing nc state in charlotte.... please oh please let that happen

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    Sbnation has us playing nc state in charlotte.... please oh please let that happen

Also the pinstripe bowl in NYC would be a possibility for me.

https://twitter.com/espn700bill/stat...78518255910912

Independence bowl reps were at the game.

P5s that finished 6-6 or 7-5:

Wake, B.C., Uva, Duke, Texas, Texas Tech, WVU, Kstate, Missouri, Kentucky, Ole Miss, A&M, Iowa, and Purdue.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    P5s that finished 6-6 or 7-5:

Wake, B.C., Uva, Duke, Texas, Texas Tech, WVU, Kstate, Missouri, Kentucky, Ole Miss, A&M, Iowa, and Purdue.
    Ole miss can't play in a bowl

Weird question. Did that rule that they were considering regarding players being able to play in bowl game without it counting against their eligibility ever go anywhere?! In other words, can players like Boyd be able to play in the bowl game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Weird question. Did that rule that they were considering regarding players being able to play in bowl game without it counting against their eligibility ever go anywhere?! In other words, can players like Boyd be able to play in the bowl game?

Boyd is an interesting case. He enrolled at Tech in January 2017 and was kicked off team and out of school shortly after. I would assume that he is using his redshirt year this year, so I don't think he can play unless he burns that redshirt.

Official web site, Heart of Dallas Bowl:

http://www.theheartofdallasbowl.com/

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by UTEopia View Post
    Boyd is an interesting case. He enrolled at Tech in January 2017 and was kicked off team and out of school shortly after. I would assume that he is using his redshirt year this year, so I don't think he can play unless he burns that redshirt.
    In the two cases I am familiar with (Jason Thompson for us, squally Canada against us for BYU) were transfers who had sat two full semesters post transfer (Wyoming and wazzu) and since fall semester had ended, each played without burning a whole year.

Like you said, I don't think Boyd can pull this off

Tejas would be fun.

There are a couple of Longhorn fans in the office who are not insufferable jerks and are actually pretty cool.

Brett McMurphy projects the Utes vs. K.State in the Heart of Dallas bowl. I could go for that.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Brett McMurphy projects the Utes vs. K.State in the Heart of Dallas bowl. I could go for that.
    Every projection I've seen has Utah vs a Big12 team. I've seen KSU, ISU, and Texas.

With UW at 13 in the CFP rankings and TCU at 11, there's a chance the Pac-12 sneaks two teams into NY6 bowls. That would bump everyone up one rung in the Pac-12 pecking order, but I don't think it would be enough for Utah to get into a Pac-12 affiliated bowl.

Every projection I've seen has Utah vs a Big12 team. I've seen KSU, ISU, and Texas.

With UW at 13 in the CFP rankings and TCU at 11, there's a chance the Pac-12 sneaks two teams into NY6 bowls. That would bump everyone up one rung in the Pac-12 pecking order, but I don't think it would be enough for Utah to get into a Pac-12 affiliated bowl.
    Yeah - for once being the worst of the Pac 12 bowl eligible teams might play to our benefit. UCLA and Oregon are both 4-5 in league play and we're 3-6, so even if that happens we shouldn't bump up to whatever the last Pac 12 bowl is.

Hook ‘em horns! I would love to play UT (my second favorite team).

Any news?

Sbnstion projects cactus bowl vs west va

As of this morning

ESPN has us in the Heart of Dallas.

Sports Illustrated in the Texas

Texas vs Missouri in the Texas Bowl. Still waiting on Utah...

CMU vs Wyoming in potato bowl, so we aren't there. Looks more and more like Detroit?

CMU vs Wyoming in potato bowl, so we aren't there. Looks more and more like Detroit?
    Riley says likely K-State in Dallas

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    Riley says likely K-State in Dallas

Kstate/UCLA in Cactus Bowl.

It's official heart of Dallas bowl 12/26

Screw Penn state. I'd cheer for byu over them. Otherwise, ill join you guys in cheering against Pac 12.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    Screw Penn state. I'd cheer for byu over them. Otherwise, ill join you guys in cheering against Pac 12.
    I completely agree. I am cheering for the Huskies to seal Penn State's first-ever three bowl game losing streak. They deserve a 50-year bowl ban.

Just one more game! I think uw will win, but a psu win would be hilarious.