Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bowl game thread

Any news?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Sbnstion projects cactus bowl vs west va

"Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

As of this morning

ESPN has us in the Heart of Dallas.

Sports Illustrated in the Texas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas vs Missouri in the Texas Bowl. Still waiting on Utah...

CMU vs Wyoming in potato bowl, so we aren't there. Looks more and more like Detroit?

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    CMU vs Wyoming in potato bowl, so we aren't there. Looks more and more like Detroit?
    Riley says likely K-State in Dallas

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    Riley says likely K-State in Dallas

Kstate/UCLA in Cactus Bowl.

Sounds like WVU in Heart of Dallas Bowl.

It's official heart of Dallas bowl 12/26

Official web site, Heart of Dallas Bowl:

http://www.theheartofdallasbowl.com/

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Josh Rosen with a great response when asked why he is choosing to play in in his bowl game when other players are choosing to sit out to prepare for the draft.

(In case the embedded tweet never shows up:
    https://twitter.com/wibwChrisLilly/status/944734583496458240)
    Last edited by chrisrenrut; 12-23-2017 at 11:04 PM.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

PAC 12 not representing well so far. 1-3, with losses to the MWC, B1G, and Big 12.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    PAC 12 not representing well so far. 1-3, with losses to the MWC, B1G, and Big 12.
    Hilarious. I hope Utah is the only pac12 team that wins.

I enjoyed the rich rod cam last night, especially after Purdue pulled off the great trick play. Also, the Purdue game winning touchdown was amazing.

Hilarious. I hope Utah is the only pac12 team that wins.
    The dream is alive!

Wsu, paper tiger, gets routed.

Stanford collapses vs frogs. Shaw drops to #4 in the conference coach power rankings.

The dream is alive!

Wsu, paper tiger, gets routed.

Stanford collapses vs frogs. Shaw drops to #4 in the conference coach power rankings.
    I share your schadenfreude to an extent, but do we really want our conference to be a laughingstock?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    I share your schadenfreude to an extent, but do we really want our conference to be a laughingstock?
    It doesn't matter. Some conference flops in bowls every year, and nobody remembers for more than a week. People do remember the playoffs, and we aren't there. With the playoffs, the bowls are less meaningful than ever. Say the pac-12 had gone 8-2 in bowls - would anyone have noticed or cared? No - what they would remember is that we missed the playoff.

So...enjoy your shadenfreude. Go Wolfpack, Nittany Lions, and Buckeyes!

It doesn't matter. Some conference flops in bowls every year, and nobody remembers for more than a week. People do remember the playoffs, and we aren't there. With the playoffs, the bowls are less meaningful than ever. Say the pac-12 had gone 8-2 in bowls - would anyone have noticed or cared? No - what they would remember is that we missed the playoff.

:Cheers:

Rooting for the conference to impress was so MWC.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    :Cheers:

Rooting for the conference to impress was so MWC.

Ok. I'm on board with this.

And it appears that capitalization matters when it comes to emojis.

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    Ok. I'm on board with this.

And it appears that capitalization matters when it comes to emojis.

luv this conference, but seeing Arizona, Oregon and UCLA lose does have its perks

OK. You’ve convinced me. (Even though AJ agrees with you.)

--Yeats

Screw Penn state. I'd cheer for byu over them. Otherwise, ill join you guys in cheering against Pac 12.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    Screw Penn state. I'd cheer for byu over them. Otherwise, ill join you guys in cheering against Pac 12.
    I completely agree. I am cheering for the Huskies to seal Penn State's first-ever three bowl game losing streak. They deserve a 50-year bowl ban.

Just one more game! I think uw will win, but a psu win would be hilarious.

The rest of college football now knows what we know. PAC 12 officials are terrible: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...MvC?li=BBnb7Kz

Quote Originally Posted by UTEopia View Post
    The rest of college football now knows what we know. PAC 12 officials are terrible: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...MvC?li=BBnb7Kz
    Now if someone will just find out why they’re making tons of money for being terrible.

Honestly, collegiate football and basketball officials are very well paid, and at least in the Pac-12 they seem to rarely be held accountable for anything.

Officials and weather forecasters...two jobs where being correct is optional.

PSU wins! Post gifs of Utah being the only Pac-12 winner.

Here's Utah at the Pac-12 bowl game victory party:

via GIPHY

So the PAC-12 has 8 bowl losses this year. That is the worst record in the history of CFB.

Does anybody remember (or care) who previously held the record?

The previous record for total losses was set last year by the Big 10, who went 3-7. The B1G is 7-0 this year, and if Michigan beats SCar, they will be 8-0.

In two weeks, nobody will even remember the record this year.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    In two weeks, nobody will even remember the record this year.
    I can think of a certain G-5 wanna be fan base who will.