Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bowl game thread

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I can think of a certain G-5 wanna be fan base who will.
    Ha ha. But they have the dynamic offensive mind ARod to bring their QB’s back to glory!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I can think of a certain G-5 wanna be fan base who will.
    Let me restate that.

In two weeks nobody of consequence will remember.

Bowl game thread

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    Let me restate that.

In two weeks nobody of consequence will remember.
    Possibly. I just don't like seeing the shine taken off our best wins and almost-wins.
    Last edited by LA Ute; 12-31-2017 at 10:42 PM.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

New Years!

How in the world did I miss the story of UCF's Griffin all season? Pretty great to watch him wreck Auburn with one hand.

3 games so far today - all good games. S Carolina comes back from 19-3 deficit to ruin Big10's perfect record, ND scores game winning TD on amazing catch, and UCF wins the national championship by finishing 13-0. Congrats to the knights.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    3 games so far today - all good games. S Carolina comes back from 19-3 deficit to ruin Big10's perfect record, ND scores game winning TD on amazing catch, and UCF wins the national championship by finishing 13-0. Congrats to the knights.
    Brought back lots of memories about slaying the big boys going undefeated and losing your coach. Must be bittersweet.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    Brought back lots of memories about slaying the big boys going undefeated and losing your coach. Must be bittersweet.
    My thoughts after the end of our Fiesta Bowl win:
    "Wow, that game was amazing! Go Utes!"

"I think we will be OK next year, at least Alex Smith will come back for his SR year."

"So Alex is leaving for the NFL. We are going to be ok, aren't we?"

"Uh oh..."

Best playoff game in the short history of CFP. Wow.

Really surprised they didn't let Baker do his thing in overtime. I like conservative play, but, come on.

I'm glad I have a team to pull for in the title game.

All SEC final. Go Georgia!

I think no team has won a national title in the BCS forward era without a top 10 recruiting class in the previous 4 (or maybe it was 5) years.

So, no national title talk until we have a top 10 recruiting class.

So, the state of Georgia really knows how to choke away football games.

The SEC has lost the championship game 2 years in a row now. We gotta stop giving them a pass.