Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bring on the Mountaineers: The Heart of Dallas Bowl 2017

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Both offense and defense lines came to play today.
    Except for our C, with the low snaps.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Why do we line up all our gunners on the punt team to the right, when Wishnowski rolls to the right? It makes it so he is rolling right into 5 or 6 defenders.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Double post. Hands of stone, like most of the receivers in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    :Kyle:
    Uhm, a former mission companion that lives in Dallas and works for a video game company. He grew up a Husker fan, but Lived in Salt lake for several years.

Hey, aren't flights from DC to Dallas cheap? How come you are not at the game?

:notarealfan:

Quote Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
    Uhm, a former mission companion that lives in Dallas and works for a video game company. He grew up a Husker fan, but Lived in Salt lake for several years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

When I checked just after the bowl game announcement, flights were about $800 round trip.

So that's why we don't throw to the TE.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by tooblue; 12-26-2017 at 02:20 PM.

I am not sold on Huntley or Troy Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by UTEopia View Post
    Sold on them meaning what? Huntley isn't going to win the Heisman, but he looks at least as good as anyone else we've used in the pac12. Same for Taylor.

Never expect a politician to get it right.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Sold on them meaning what? Huntley isn't going to win the Heisman, but he looks at least as good as anyone else we've used in the pac12. Same for Taylor.
    I guess I was hoping they would be an upgrade.

At least Tuttle is coming in. Let's see if our receiving corp will be any good. If o-line can block. If TE can catch. If schemes are any good. If center can snap.

Fair enough. They may turn out to be upgrades. For now, at least they aren't downgrades. Next season is a big one for us.

Did WVU watch Utah game film? Why did they initially only rush 3 on big downs? They caught on quickly and started blitzing instead.

Moss was great, as usual for the 2nd half of this season.

I'm all for the RPO; it can be devastating when done well. But I wouldn't mind some called runs mixed in while we try to get there. There are just too many instances where we aren't in sync.

WVU was pretty bad, but I'll happily take a dominating bowl win against a P5 team.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Never expect a politician to get it right.

Like this then:

Me either. Huntley isn't accurate enough downfield, at least not compared to PAC QBs.

Taylor doesn't seem to have an identity. I think it's a no-brainer to be a run first offense but that seems to change from game to game. Give Moss the ball then let the throw game open up.

Like this then:

Sometimes even a blind squirrel...you know the rest.

--Yeats