Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do we get the word out about Utahby5.com?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Yeah, we have been offline for almost one day. I don't know how we will ever recover.
    800mg of ibuprofen for the headache, a 32-oz Gatorade (or sports drink of choice) for rehydration and electrolyte loss, and 16 oz of V-8 for vitamin loss. Oh, wait. I thought you wanted my hangover cure recipe. I guess I have nothing to help you.
    "You can do a lot in a lifetime, if you don't burn out too fast. You can make the most of the distance. First, you need endurance. First, you've got to last." - Neil Pert

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    And be careful! If you keep lumping SU and me together like that people will start to suspect that he and I are really one and the same person, and we don't want thinking like that gaining any traction. Too dangerous.
    I have never seen you two in the same place at the same time. So, I am going to guess that SeattleUte is Tyler Durden, and LA Ute is Jack.
    Last edited by Jeromy in SLC; 02-25-2013 at 03:02 PM.
    "You can do a lot in a lifetime, if you don't burn out too fast. You can make the most of the distance. First, you need endurance. First, you've got to last." - Neil Pert

You agreed with SU's post. I am curious to see him explain how this site is going to be more attractive to BYU fans than CUF was/is to Ute fans.
    OK. I don't agree on that point. I thought you were talking about the bolded language in your post. (Silly me. ) SU's just trolling you on the idea that we'll have more BYU fans here than you will.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by Jeromy in SLC View Post
    I have never seen you two in the same place at the same time. So, I am going to guess that SeattleUte is Tyler Durden, and LA Ute is whatever Edward Norton's name was (IMDB says "The Narrator", but I know that can't be right).
    See, this is the kind of thinking I was afraid the Dude's post would provoke. Now read carefully, Jeromy: Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quote Originally Posted by la ute View Post
    see, this is the kind of thinking i was afraid the dude's post would provoke. Now read carefully, jeromy: pay attention to that man behind the curtain!
    fify

Quote Originally Posted by Jeromy in SLC View Post
    fify

--Yeats

OK. I don't agree on that point. I thought you were talking about the bolded language in your post. (Silly me. ) SU's just trolling you on the idea that we'll have more BYU fans here than you will.
    How do you know SU is trolling? This could be the one time in history he isn't. If you're also being honest then that would make two improbable events.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheidippides View Post
    How do you know SU is trolling? This could be the one time in history he isn't. If you're also being honest then that would make two improbable events.
    Boy, you're really asking for it. Just wait until I get you on my lawn again....

OK, since you and El Duderino are pestering me, I'll go point by point through dear SU's post.

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    UB5 is off to a good start, a lot stronger than CG/CUF.
    The first half is true. I don't know if the bolded part is true or not. You'll have to tell me. Looks like trolling to me.

Those forums provided a good model for this one, but UB5 will ultimately be a lot more successful for various reasons. These include that UB5 provides a more competitive alternative to Utefans.net than CUF does for Cougarboard.
    I think this is true.

The vast majority of BYU fans feel at home in Cougarboard's restrictive and homogenous environment.
    I think you would sadly agree with me that this is true.

This board and format is more appealing to many Utefans than Utefans.net (I continue to submit that there is no competition as the boards are so different).
    True, beyond a doubt.

This board and format is also more welcoming of BYU fans than CUF ever was of Ute fans.
    I don't know if this is true yet, but I hope it will be. I would limit it to housebroken BYU fans, not to all BYU fans. So far you and the Dude are behaving appropriately.

Some of my favorite Utefans posters, who you rarely see there any longer, came to CUF but were not really accepted into the community because their primary interest was Ute sports. We have attracted them and some other similar posters.
    True. Runnutz, for example, tried CUF out but was basically repulsed by the gratuitous hazing-snark new people at CUF tended to get, especially Ute fans. UTEopia would never darken CUF's door, but is here now, and one of the most realistic, well-connected, and knowledgeable Ute fans anywhere.

BYU fans who are CUF posters often have wide ranging interests that now will be better stimulated here than on CUF.
    Time will tell, but that is not one of this board's goals.

Unfortunately, CUF has turned more astringent and is trying to be Cougarboard II.
    Trolling.

I think UB5 has a very bright future.
    True, I hope. I am enjoying this place a great deal.

Now you have my definitive response to SU, you miserable vomitous mass.

--Yeats

Boy, you're really asking for it. Just wait until I get you on my lawn again....

OK, since you and El Duderino are pestering me, I'll go point by point through dear SU's post.

The first half is true. I don't know if the bolded part is true or not. You'll have to tell me. Looks like trolling to me.

I think this is true.

I think you would sadly agree with me that this is true.

True, beyond a doubt.

I don't know if this is true yet, but I hope it will be. I would limit it to housebroken BYU fans, not to all BYU fans. So far you and the Dude are behaving appropriately.

True. Runnutz, for example, tried CUF out but was basically repulsed by the gratuitous hazing-snark new people at CUF tended to get, especially Ute fans. UTEopia would never darken CUF's door, but is here now, and one of the most realistic, well-connected, and knowledgeable Ute fans anywhere.

Time will tell, but that is not one of this board's goals.

Trolling.

True, I hope. I am enjoying this place a great deal.

Now you have my definitive response to SU, you miserable vomitous mass.
    The fact that you admitted to any trolling at all is a step towards recovery. However, as one not unqualified in the art of trolling, I believe I can safely say that the truth of a matter is irrelevant to whether or not one is trolling. In this respect, SU is the master, and in a world without CB, CUF or BYU, his post becomes irrelevant past the "hey, we had a great start!" bit (with which I heartily agree).

His amazing persistence in this is what makes him so endearing.

Of course an astute observer would now comment that I am trolling the troll. I've just breached the fourth wall, so to speak, to confirm it. But like any well-seasoned troll, he will probably not respond, too sagacious to give me the lolz.

Also, you need to get crustier and swear more for the old man and lawn thing to work, at least after Gran Torino. You are no shotgun-toting Clint Eastwood; you're the codger who shakes his cane at the bicycle riding speed demon seven year olds in the cul-de-sac but then gives them all an old fashioned peppermint candy at church if they give him a hug.
    Last edited by Pheidippides; 02-25-2013 at 04:24 PM.

So SU is FOS regarding about half of what he says? That sounds about right. Yet this was your response:

SU's comments are on target.
    If only our cornerbacks could backpedal like you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheidippides View Post
    Also, you need to get crustier and swear more for the old man and lawn thing to work, at least after Gran Torino. You are no shotgun-toting Clint Eastwood; you're the codger who shakes his cane at the bicycle riding speed demon seven year olds in the cul-de-sac but then gives them all an old fashioned peppermint candy at church if they give him a hug.
    I am too crusty! I am, I am, I am, I am!!!

--Yeats

For the record, it looks like UB5 is off to a smashing start. I am happy for you.

If only our cornerbacks could backpedal like you can.
    You should be so lucky. My 40 time in high school was a deceptively fast 5.2.

--Yeats

I'd suggest also teaming up with other PAC-12 school message boards. Some of the better sites i'm on have members of not only their team but also the opposition
    “The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively”
    ~Bob Marley

You should be so lucky. My 40 time in high school was a deceptively fast 5.2.
    Is that minutes or hours?

In response to BigZ's idea of cross-promoting with other message boards.

One board you may want to look to hooking up with is pac12board.com. Small startup but seems to be growing and well moderated. cactusranch.com is an ASU message board I've visited as well as bruingold.com for UCLA and goazcats.com for U of Arizona. Cardboard.com is a rather unserious Stanford board. Try bearinsider.com for Cal.

Stay as far away from allbuffs.com as you can. They are a bunch of condescending pricks that are extremely unwelcoming. Plus it didn't help that the first Utah fan they met in 2011 was Moose.
    Last edited by Corvan; 02-25-2013 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    Is that minutes or hours?
    Neither. As I ran my coach would yell out, "Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday...."

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by Corvan View Post
    One board you may want to look to hooking up with is pac12board.com. Small startup but seems to be growing and well moderated. cactusranch.com is an ASU message board I've visited as well as bruingold.com for UCLA and goazcats.com for U of Arizona. Cardboard.com is a rather unserious Stanford board. Try bearinsider.com for Cal.

Stay as far away from allbuffs.com as you can. They are a bunch of condescending pricks that are extremely unwelcoming. Plus it didn't help that the first Utah fan they met in 2011 was Moose.
    Ducksattack.com - Oregon

Also check this site out for the other schools http://www.collegesports-fans.com/co...pac-10-forums/
    “The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively”
    ~Bob Marley

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia Ute View Post
    It already seems slower over there...but maybe that's just due to the off season.
    No, it is slower, VA - noticeably slower.

Told you I was the evil twin

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by midnightversion View Post
    No, it is slower, VA - noticeably slower.
    Totally agree that uf.n is noticeably slower than it was in the time leading up to signing day. However I don't know if that's due to ub5 or just the landscape in general.

A poster on CB posted a joke that I couldn't resist sharing with rolltidebama.com which is one of the main Alabama fan sites, particularly for football. I posted it on rtb at 3:25pm. Their board is one that moves a post with a reply to the top of the board. One post came in at 4:05 bumping mine down one notch. Another at 4:32 moved me into third and at 4:47 a reply to my post moved it back to the top. It sat there until 5:53 when a response to another post moved ahead of me.

Uf.n is slower today than it was before but I think it's slowed down on message boards in general bit since LOI day. Just talking a quick look cactusranch and bruingold appear to have decreased traffic as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvan View Post
    Totally agree that uf.n is noticeably slower than it was in the time leading up to signing day. However I don't know if that's due to ub5 or just the landscape in general.

A poster on CB posted a joke that I couldn't resist sharing with rolltidebama.com which is one of the main Alabama fan sites, particularly for football. I posted it on rtb at 3:25pm. Their board is one that moves a post with a reply to the top of the board. One post came in at 4:05 bumping mine down one notch. Another at 4:32 moved me into third and at 4:47 a reply to my post moved it back to the top. It sat there until 5:53 when a response to another post moved ahead of me.

Uf.n is slower today than it was before but I think it's slowed down on message boards in general bit since LOI day. Just talking a quick look cactusranch and bruingold appear to have decreased traffic as well.
    It's definitely slower on UFN and UZ lately. It's fairly slow here too. I'm not sure there's a connection. There seems to be a decent amount of people logged on to all the sites. It's just that no one is posting.

​Well. He found his way in again, and got caught pretty fast. So long Moose. Talk to you when you sneak in with your next moniker.

What happened? Did Moose get booted again?

-What would you do
    if you saw spaceships over Glasgow?
    Would you fear them?
    Every aircraft, every camera, is a wish that wasn't granted.

What was that for?
    Try to be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoUteTroutHead View Post
    Yep, he had a post above mine that said something about there only being need for one Utes board. (Which is utter BS) It's been deleted. He went by "Larry" this time. That guy must have a bank of computers with multiple accounts with several providers. I shouldn't give him any pub but you know he'll find his way back no matter what. What is his deal anyway?

Yes. He keeps popping up. We play whack-a moose here instead of whack-a-mole.

--Yeats

Yes. He keeps popping up. We play whack-a moose here instead of whack-a-mole.
    You got him fast this time. Well done!

He is resilient, I have to give him that much.

-What would you do
    if you saw spaceships over Glasgow?
    Would you fear them?
    Every aircraft, every camera, is a wish that wasn't granted.

What was that for?
    Try to be bad.

He is resilient, I have to give him that much.
    LOL. No question. He is good at his life's work, which is apparently sneaking his way onto message boards, agitating, then getting banned again. I guess everyone needs a hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacoma Ute View Post
    LOL. No question. He is good at his life's work, which is apparently sneaking his way onto message boards, agitating, then getting banned again. I guess everyone needs a hobby.
    His mother must be so proud.
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide