Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Nate Cooper should die of gonorrhea and roast in hell...Utah at byu

Quote Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
    Now it's a sucker punch? You guys are great. I'm not the one that is desperately trying to shift the blame for stupid behaviour on the floor by a 21 year old idiot basketball player and a grown man head basketball coach who can't keep his cool. You realize Larry was a thug in the NBA right? Ask Sherman Douglas.
    I forgot, BYU fans are authorities on sucker punches and how they are never done by their players.

A sucker punch, for the record, is an unexpected blow... and punching a guy who isn’t even looking at you would certainly qualify. And lest you think I’m the only one who thought it was a sucker punch, read one of many headlines on the matter:

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-bas...81qemd1oeie7p2

Sporting News is probably anti-Mormon right?

And who is shifting blame? What did Larry do that deserves blame? Let’s see, he sat by while Rose let his own player yell obscenities at an opposing coach. Then he waited for an apology and when that didn’t come he reached out and was ignored by Rose MULTIPLE TIMES when he was trying to get it resolved. If any coach didn’t have the common decency to call me back like Rose did I’d cancel the series too.

As always, you have no footing to stand on, but are too obtuse to realize it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post
    I forgot, BYU fans are authorities on sucker punches and how they are never done by their players.

A sucker punch, for the record, is an unexpected blow... and punching a guy who isn’t even looking at you would certainly qualify. And lest you think I’m the only one who thought it was a sucker punch, read one of many headlines on the matter:

And who is shifting blame? What did Larry do that deserves blame? Let’s see, he sat by while Rose let his own player yell obscenities at an opposing coach. Then he waited for an apology and when that didn’t come he reached out and was ignored by Rose MULTIPLE TIMES when he was trying to get it resolved. If any coach didn’t have the common decency to call me back like Rose did I’d cancel the series too.

Only in the minds of BYU fans can you be a victim when your player cheapshots someone else and your coaching staff does nothing about it either during the game or after.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post

So, your saying Brandon Taylor didn’t know a physical response was coming from the player he was guarding, even though he was clutching and grabbing him and had just swiped at Emery leaving behind three large noticeable scratches on his neck? Now, do Taylors actions excuse Emery’s stupidity? No. Calling it a sucker punch, however, doesn’t quite work, because Emery didn’t even hit him in the face or head—it was more like a swipe made by a cat; the type of swipe two cats make when they are cat fighting.

At least we agree on one thing: Emery is responsible for his own idiotic behaviour, but then there is Scratch's logic, which if we see it all the way through forces us to come to the realization that actually, this is all President Monson’s fault. He is the Prophet and as head of the church is the one that permits BYU to field sports teams, let alone to support and run a university, representative of a faith and religion practiced by millions ...

And what of Larry. LA was sitting right there near him when this all happened. But he doesn’t talk about the coach’s behavior, which is alarming, especially considering Krystowiak’s history of violent behavior on a basketball floor. Your coach was out of control, and that’s the reason he made the irrational decision to cancel the series and lie about his reason for doing so. It became all about him and keeping himself in check so that Emery or some other player didn't become another Sherman Douglas.
    Last edited by tooblue; 12-14-2017 at 07:42 AM.

So, your saying Brandon Taylor didn’t know a physical response was coming from the player he was guarding, even though he was clutching and grabbing him and had just swiped at Emery leaving behind three large noticeable scratches on his neck? Now, do Taylors actions excuse Emery’s stupidity? No. Calling it a sucker punch, however, doesn’t quite work, because Emery didn’t even hit him in the face or head—it was more like a swipe made by a cat; the type of swipe two cats make when they are cat fighting.

At least we agree on one thing: Emery is responsible for his own idiotic behaviour, but then there is Scratches logic, which if we see it all the way through forces us to come to the realization that actually, this is all President Monson’s fault. He is the Prophet and as head of the church is the one that permits BYU to field sports teams, let alone to support and run a university, representative of a religion and faith practiced by millions ...

And what of Larry. LA was there sitting right there near him when this all happened. But he doesn’t talk about the coach’s behavior, which is alarming, especially considering Krystowiak’s history of violent behavior on a basketball floor. Your coach was out of control, and that’s the reason he made the irrational decision to cancel the series and lie about his reason for doing so. It became all about him and keeping himself in check so that Emery or some other player didn't become another Sherman Douglas.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    With all do respect, if Krystkowiak is that concerned about controlling his own temper, maybe he is in the wrong business.
    https://www.si.com/college-basketbal...jefferson-duke

(P.S. With all do respect, it's "due repect").

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post

(P.S. With all do respect, it's "due repect").
    It's a quote from the linked SI article. And I believe it's "due respect" ;-)

Watching Zoobs do the mental gymnastics required to feel good about themselves is exhausting.

At least the victim blaming down in Provo extends to basketball players as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    At least the victim blaming down in Provo extends to basketball players as well.

Nick Emery alone is responsible for his own actions, but your Ute brethren just don't see it that way. Apparently, according to several posters, not only is Emery not responsible for his stupidity, Larry isn't responsible for his behaviour either. This all goes back to, on this very message board, posters blaming BYU for Ute fan bad behaviour. Gosh, I bet all those targeting penalties and ejections this past season by Utah players is also, somehow, BYU's fault.

Nick Emery alone is responsible for his own actions, but your Ute brethren just don't see it that way. Apparently, according to several posters, not only is Emery not responsible for his stupidity, Larry isn't responsible for his behaviour either. This all goes back to, on this very message board, posters blaming BYU for Ute fan bad behaviour. Gosh, I bet all those targeting penalties and ejections this past season by Utah players is also, somehow, BYU's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Utebiquitous View Post
    Tooblue,
    I know you exist to just troll but are you really going to criticize Larry for an honest expression? I find his candor refreshing. The U - led by his candor - was pretty clear from the start on this one. They wanted the Y - particularly Dave Rose and Nick Emery - to act like reasonable adults and simply apologize. Rose's inaction that evening exacerbated the situation. You may not have been watching but from my vantage point I wasn't nearly as angered by Emery's cheap shot (they happen on both sides) as his profanity-laced tirade at Coach K as the referees sorted things out. Rose did nothing to restrain Emery or his assistant coach, Tim LaComb. Certainly, heat of the battle or moment comes to mind so you'd think a visit to the locker room following the game would happen. It didn't. All right, a phone call during the next week or two. It didn't happen. Any coach or player choosing that inaction loses a lot of my respect but adding the prism of representing the LDS Church makes it egregious.

Kudos to Larry for dealing honestly with the media then and now. Kudos to Emery for finally taking care of things. I respect him for it. Now, if only Rose would step forward and acknowledge his significant part in the conflict.

By the way, I'd love to see the relationship between Coach K and Emery blossom into a transfer to the U. I'd love to have better shooting on this team next season.
    great post except the last two sentences. Now way. And no way does Larry K add him.

Nate Cooper should die of gonorrhea and roast in hell...Utah at byu

I must have missed the part where Larry was out of control. He did get red in the face when young punk was yelling obscenities at him, from two or 3 feet away.

Fortunately for Emery, there is no evidence of him ever having taking similar shots prior to this one exceptional occasion. No, wait....

But anyway, we all must keep in mind that Larry is the true bad guy in this whole story. Emery did nothing wrong. Even if he did something wrong, it pales in comparison in to Larry‘s disgusting behavior. Right?
    Last edited by LA Ute; 12-14-2017 at 09:22 AM.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

At least we agree on one thing: Emery is responsible for his own idiotic behaviour, but then there is Scratch's logic, which if we see it all the way through forces us to come to the realization that actually, this is all President Monson’s fault. He is the Prophet and as head of the church is the one that permits BYU to field sports teams, let alone to support and run a university, representative of a faith and religion practiced by millions ...

And what of Larry. LA was sitting right there near him when this all happened. But he doesn’t talk about the coach’s behavior, which is alarming, especially considering Krystowiak’s history of violent behavior on a basketball floor. Your coach was out of control, and that’s the reason he made the irrational decision to cancel the series and lie about his reason for doing so. It became all about him and keeping himself in check so that Emery or some other player didn't become another Sherman Douglas.

I think I might get this response framed. It is one of the funniest justifications I have ever read and I am nearly certain that you can't possibly believe this. This is a close second to the guy on cougarboard who claimed he was a street fighter and that by rules of the street Nacua's sucker punch of the Memphis football player wasn't technically a sucker punch.

Now if you do really believe what you said, it is your responsibility to correct the dozens of other major publications that all called it a sucker punch.

https://i.giphy.com/media/lnCggcJbfrY8E/giphy.webp

This thread is just another reminder of why I would love to quit playing them altogether. Tooblue and the Y should not want to be associated with us; we are just bad people and will provoke them to come down to our level. They should want to be done with us. It isn't worth it on either side. this internet back and forth (a microcosm of the whole) isnt worth the effort. I just get tired of a fanbase telling me and people I associate with or root for are bad.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    This thread is just another reminder of why I would love to quit playing them altogether. Tooblue and the Y should not want to be associated with us; we are just bad people and will provoke them to come down to our level. They should want to be done with us. It isn't worth it on either side. this internet back and forth (a microcosm of the whole) isnt worth the effort. I just get tired of a fanbase telling me and people I associate with or root for are bad.
    I agree with you for football. There isn't enough games to waste one on a game against BYU.

But there are a ton of basketball games and there really aren't enough good preseason games. True bloo doesn't believe the crap he's spewing right now. He's just trolling.

Next year FB at the end of the year, which will be weird to play a non-important game after the conference schedule. Only makes sense, if any, to play the FB game as a tune up for the conference.

they still have a half way decent BB program so it is a good test. And the crowd will be pumped up so it is good experience to play in places like that before Utes have to go to AZ, AZ St. , Ore. etc.

I also enjoyed Emery claiming that he had been scratched by Taylor and posting a picture of scratches on his neck the next day, but if you go back to the game and look closely at his neck after the play there is nothing there. So apparently he went and scratched himself after the game to try to say that Taylor had done that to him.

This takes a minute to set up, so bear with me (Its really KSL's fault)

Download either of the files titled "BYU @ Utah 2nd half" and fast forward to the emery-taylor incident (pretty easy to find if you use ESPNs play by play, or just listen for wrubell to call out the 2 minutes left warning).

Wrubell and Durrant were sitting courtside for this game, but listening to them, you would have the idea that they were watching an entirely different game. Wrubell claims multiple times to not have seen the incident. Durrant watches it and refers to it as Emery catching Taylor with an elbow, but blames Taylor for antagonizing Fischer and Emery all game. Durrant further goes on to criticize ute fans for throwing a few things onto the court (something that has happened more than once in Provo.........). When he does manage to describe what is happening, Wrubell spends his time describing what Larry is doing wrong. Its unreal.

https://www.ksl.com/?nid=275

Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    This takes a minute to set up, so bear with me (Its really KSL's fault)

Download either of the files titled "BYU @ Utah 2nd half" and fast forward to the emery-taylor incident (pretty easy to find if you use ESPNs play by play, or just listen for wrubell to call out the 2 minutes left warning).

Wrubell and Durrant were sitting courtside for this game, but listening to them, you would have the idea that they were watching an entirely different game. Wrubell claims multiple times to not have seen the incident. Durrant watches it and refers to it as Emery catching Taylor with an elbow, but blames Taylor for antagonizing Fischer and Emery all game. Durrant further goes on to criticize ute fans for throwing a few things onto the court (something that has happened more than once in Provo.........). When he does manage to describe what is happening, Wrubell spends his time describing what Larry is doing wrong. Its unreal.

https://www.ksl.com/?nid=275

via GIPHY

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    I also enjoyed Emery claiming that he had been scratched by Taylor and posting a picture of scratches on his neck the next day, but if you go back to the game and look closely at his neck after the play there is nothing there. So apparently he went and scratched himself after the game to try to say that Taylor had done that to him.
    Or maybe that 43 year old booster gave it to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post

Post of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    10 points for Griffendor

Quote Originally Posted by Two Utes View Post
    great post except the last two sentences. Now way. And no way does Larry K add him.
    You're right Two Utes. I overreached a little didn't I. You gotta admit, it would be incredible irony.

Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post
    or maybe that 43 year old booster gave it to him.
    zing!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    I don't think anyone here is a bad person. I'm even related to one or two posters. I'll bet I've met many of you, or at least a brother or sister of yours, as many of us went to the same high school. Heck, I even go to games when possible, and almost always watch the Utes on tv, unless the game conflicts with watching BYU or it can't be found on tv because it's on some network nobody gets. I'll admit, I had to learn to like watching BYU basketball. A sports bigamist, I grew up watching and loving BYU football and watching if not attending Utah basketball games, while taking only a cursory interest in BYU basketball. But that all really changed when Ute fans, family included, became insufferable upon Utah's inclusion in the PAC 12, and especially so when you condescend as you have in your post above.
    Last edited by tooblue; 12-14-2017 at 03:17 PM.

Let's go to the replay:

Last edited by USS Utah; 12-14-2017 at 04:08 PM.
    "It'd be nice to please everyone but I thought it would be more interesting to have a point of view." -- Oscar Levant

I don't think anyone here is a bad person. I'm even related to one or two posters. I'll bet I've met many of you, or at least a brother or sister of yours, as many of us went to the same high school. Heck, I even go to games when possible, and almost always watch the Utes on tv, unless the game conflicts with watching BYU or it can't be found on tv because it's on some network nobody gets. I'll admit, I had to learn to like watching BYU basketball. A sports bigamist, I grew up watching and loving BYU football and watching if not attending Utah basketball games, while taking only a cursory interest in BYU basketball. But that all really changed when Ute fans, family included, became insufferable upon Utah's inclusion in the PAC 12, and especially so when you condescend as you have in your post above.
    everyone knows BYU fans are morally superior, we couldn't possibly hold up to their shining example of humility and graciousness

sheesh!

Attached Images Attached Images

Another vid:

"It'd be nice to please everyone but I thought it would be more interesting to have a point of view." -- Oscar Levant

Quote Originally Posted by USS Utah View Post
    Another vid:

The only possible takeaway from that video is that Larry Krystkowiak is a horrible, horrible person.