Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Nate Cooper should die of gonorrhea and roast in hell...Utah at byu

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    The only possible takeaway from that video is that Larry Krystkowiak is a horrible, horrible person.
    Completely out of control.
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    everyone knows BYU fans are morally superior, we couldn't possibly hold up to their shining example of humility and graciousness
    I'm fully aware of the sanctimony that is prevalent in the BYU fan base. What I wasn't prepared for was the greater sanctimony of the Utah fan base. Now according North West Ute, that's all BYU's fault, because nothing is Utah's fault, or as we have learned, but is now I think being walked back, Emery's fault. Emery's actions were idiotic, it's unfortunate your head coach followed suit, but again that's who he is. I hope he somehow kept in check on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by hostile View Post
    Completely out of control.
    His own words:

"... he wanted to end the BYU series partly because he was “protecting myself from myself.” He added, “I don’t know how I would come across with our players in the week leading up to the BYU game, maybe with a little bit of the toxin and venom that I have inside me. It puts me in a bit of a quandary.”

Quote Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
    His own words:

"... he wanted to end the BYU series partly because he was “protecting myself from myself.” He added, “I don’t know how I would come across with our players in the week leading up to the BYU game, maybe with a little bit of the toxin and venom that I have inside me. It puts me in a bit of a quandary.”

Actually I'm pretty sure that's the exact opposite of being out of control. Specifically, he took the anger and frustration that he had and handled it in a way to be sure he stayed in control.

I'm fully aware of the sanctimony that is prevalent in the BYU fan base. What I wasn't prepared for was the greater sanctimony of the Utah fan base. Now according North West Ute, that's all BYU's fault, because nothing is Utah's fault, or as we have learned, but is now I think being walked back, Emery's fault. Emery's actions were idiotic, it's unfortunate your head coach followed suit, but again that's who he is. I hope he somehow kept in check on Saturday.
    How do you measure sanctimony?

If BYU were smart they would just get one of their players to yell at Krystkowiak to “sit the fuck down.” He would likely get thrown out (I bet they could get someone to buy a ticket for Nick Emery to sit behind Utah’s bench and yell it)
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Actually I'm pretty sure that's the exact opposite of being out of control. Specifically, he took the anger and frustration that he had and handled it in a way to be sure he stayed in control.
    That only happens after one has experienced being out of control, which he was.

Quote Originally Posted by hostile View Post
    How do you measure sanctimony?

If BYU were smart they would just get one of their players to yell at Krystkowiak to “sit the fuck down.” He would likely get thrown out (I bet they could get someone to buy a ticket for Nick Emery to sit behind Utah’s bench and yell it)
    That's an interesting point: I wonder if Emery will be at the game?

That's an interesting point: I wonder if Emery will be at the game?
    Probably not. I heard he tweeted about getting someone to wear his jersey though.

The face of evil:

Starting about 6:38, coach talks about himself as a player.
    Last edited by USS Utah; 12-14-2017 at 04:53 PM.
    "It'd be nice to please everyone but I thought it would be more interesting to have a point of view." -- Oscar Levant

I . But that all really changed when Ute fans, family included, became insufferable upon Utah's inclusion in the PAC 12, and especially so when you condescend as you have in your post above.
    Yeah baby pac12 for life!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

The only possible takeaway from that video is that Larry Krystkowiak is a horrible, horrible person.
    I hate to say it but you are right. We've all seen the video evidence and that was a man out of control. I'm convinced now that Emery is the real victim here, and that light swatting, as gentle as a kitten, was his only defense from Kodiak mauling him on the floor. Thank you Nick Emery for taking the fall in all of this and shining a light on the true character of Larry. I expect Chris Hill to fire him tomorrow.

Any truth to the rumor that Emery has been acting as Cosmo this year? that dance video that went viral just shouts Nick Emery's footwork.?

Opening line Utah +6.5

"Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Or maybe that 43 year old booster gave it to him.
    LMAO! That was awesome!

I am either just getting older, or mellowing, or maybe a combination of both. I’m looking forward to tonight’s game for the fun of watching it. Maybe it’s because not much is at stake, but I don’t have that burning feeling in my gut that “We must beat these guys or it will just be a horrible evening.“ What is wrong with me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    I am either just getting older, or mellowing, or maybe a combination of both. I’m looking forward to tonight’s game for the fun of watching it. Maybe it’s because not much is at stake, but I don’t have that burning feeling in my gut that “We must beat these guys or it will just be a horrible evening.“ What is wrong with me?

I don’t really have enough time or space to answer your question.

I think part of it is knowing that neither team is really a tournament team. The only thing at stake is our win streak.

I feel exactly the same way. In addition to the things you mention, i attribute it to my declining interest in college bb overall. With the exception of a frw conference games, i dont really care if i make it to a home game or not. I dont get that exited if we win or bummed if we lose. Totally opposite to my fb attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    I don’t really have enough time or space to answer your question.

I think you should write an epic poem about it. You can do it -- a few lines at a time. I will be patient.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    I feel exactly the same way. In addition to the things you mention, i attribute it to my declining interest in college bb overall. With the exception of a frw conference games, i dont really care if i make it to a home game or not. I dont get that exited if we win or bummed if we lose. Totally opposite to my fb attitude.
    It's true. The NBA's insistence on allowing one-and-dones, and separately, tons of outside money, have had a terrible impact.

--Yeats

I think you should write an epic poem about it. You can do it -- a few lines at a time. I will be patient.
    I’ve never been good at poetry. Not enough pictures.

Sounds like Tillman is out with a sore foot. Stage is set, Coogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Sounds like Tillman is out with a sore foot. Stage is set, Coogs.
    That is a big loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    I'm losing a ton of sleep! Total whiff by the Utes.
    Easily the best player on the floor so far tonight. Man, what a miss.

Not good when we have Tyler Rawson trying to be our top offensive threat.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Not good when we have Tyler Rawson trying to be our top offensive threat.
    Without Seeley or Tillman, Rawson's gonna have to play all game.

We need to get Collette more action on offense.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Without Seeley or Tillman, Rawson's gonna have to play all game.

We need to get Collette more action on offense.
    Why not go johnson and Collette?

"Just because you can't do that doesn't mean it's a violation!"
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Collette - never seen anyone so consistently get into foul trouble for nothing.

My thoughts.

Our team blows, period, especially now without Tillman. Collette has no help defense and his footwork/step-overs can only work against young, overly eager players. Barefield had such a promising start, but just hasn’t done much as of late. Rawson…although a bit better than last year, can’t seem to perform against decent D1 opponents. A bunch of tall, slow, not-that-skilled big players.