Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nate Cooper should die of gonorrhea and roast in hell...Utah at byu

Nate Cooper should die of gonorrhea and roast in hell...Utah at byu

Saturday Night.... 11pm EST 9pm mst on the Deuce in Provo

The all time series is 129-128 for the good guys. Utah has won the last 4.

These teams have played some epic games in the past and neither team is all that good or bad this year. Utah (7-2) will be an NCAA bubble team most likely NIT and finish middle of the PAC12 while the orem 7th ward (8-2) is picked for 3rd in whatever rinky-dink conference they play in. I know all about Utah's teams strengths and weaknesses but as for the byu I know they have some surprise transfer (hardnett (sp?)) who has lots of tatoos and can actually shoot. Other than that they have a bunch of white guys with bad haircuts.

So I'm up for watching a late night rivalry game that's close to 3000 miles away where both teams are just ok. Oh and for your viewing pleasure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-l3HgL8eXg
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

great thread title

with four seniors starting, I'd hoped that the Utes would be a little better on the road, but other than a 10 minute surge in the first half at Butler, Utah's looked blah. I think BYU wins this one on a late field goal 82-79

https://twitter.com/Coach_Keith44/st...51494418333697

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Twitter told me that our performance vs. USU means that the Cougars will run us out of the building.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Twitter told me that our performance vs. USU means that the Cougars will run us out of the building.
    Is this the game they've been waiting for to wear hard hats and make fun of Larry? They've been talking about this for years now.

They might run us out of the building - we aren't great. But I think it will be close.

That was me! And i thought that until I saw them play weber st without weber's starting bigs.

What does Twitter say regarding BYU's performance vs. Weber State? This game promises to be borderline unwatchable on the court and in the stands.

Knowing nothing about BYU basketball, I checked their stats:

Screenshot 2017-12-12 10.03.30.png

I see an 8-man rotation. Scoring from Bryant, Childs, and Haws. Childs with 9 rpg and 2.4 bpg! Was the jury still out on whether we missed on him? We missed on him. A strong rebounder would be so nice.

I don't know anything about Bryant, but he gets 16 ppg, 6 rpg, and 2 apg. Shoots 42% from outside, 86% from the line. Was he on the team last season?

Bryant, Haws, Cannon, and Seljaas all shoot over 35% from outside (though Cannon has only played in 4 games - injury?). Hardnett is right behind them at 33%. So, maybe five guys with a green light to shoot from outside.

Only one guy over 6'8", but three 6'7" guys get minutes. I feel like, with defending Collette, it's more about athleticism than height. If these guys can move, they can probably do a decent job against him.

Cannon is a transfer from Weber State, where he basically got pushed out. Became eligible a week or two ago.

I am not going to lose much sleep over Childs, but yes, in hindsight, he was a miss.

His junior year, he was at every game up at the JMHC that he could get to. However, we were chasing higher rated prospects in Tillie, Markannen, and Lightfoot. They all took longer to decide and Yoeli got tired of waiting and took the BYU offer. Im happy with with Tillman at the 4 (or 3) and BAttin coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post

I see an 8-man rotation. Scoring from Bryant, Childs, and Haws. Childs with 9 rpg and 2.4 bpg! Was the jury still out on whether we missed on him? We missed on him. A strong rebounder would be so nice.

I don't know anything about Bryant, but he gets 16 ppg, 6 rpg, and 2 apg. Shoots 42% from outside, 86% from the line. Was he on the team last season?

Bryant, Haws, Cannon, and Seljaas all shoot over 35% from outside (though Cannon has only played in 4 games - injury?). Hardnett is right behind them at 33%. So, maybe five guys with a green light to shoot from outside.

Only one guy over 6'8", but three 6'7" guys get minutes. I feel like, with defending Collette, it's more about athleticism than height. If these guys can move, they can probably do a decent job against him.
    They have no down low game. If Collette stays out of foul trouble he should have a field day. Jayce Johnson as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post

Unfortunately, the Cougars aren't fun to watch anymore. They actually share the ball and try to defend. Childs is underratedly good and Worthington has been turned from totally crappy to decent. Losing Emery and his NBA threes and long twos with 20 seconds left on the shot clock is clearly addition by subtraction.

I expected to enjoy the UVU game and instead saw a decent team with a new point guard. Cannon is a player and makes this team better. That's the last game I watched.

But for a few WTF shots from Haws, these guys are playing in check.

Which begs the question: Why couldn't Rose get them to do this last year? Word is he hired Schroyer and Schroyer is doing most of the coaching these days. But, isn't that an indictment of Rose and the rest of the staff?

And what is Haws bringing to the table to deserve 32 minutes a game? 35% from the three and 37% from the two. Usually those numbers and those minutes suggest a really good defender. He ain't that. I'm convinced he's a less than ten minutes a a game player in the PAC 12. I'd take PVD over him.

If the Cougars can hit a bunch of 3s and keep Childs out of foul trouble, it will be a very competitive game. Otherwise Utes roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    They have no down low game. If Collette stays out of foul trouble he should have a field day. Jayce Johnson as well.
    I don’t know. I watched a bit of the BYU/UVU game, and Childs looked like a force down low. UVU has a big guy that was supposed to be pretty good, but Child’s has his way with him. But it was just him. I think we win the battle down low, but if they get our bigs in foul trouble with penetration, it could get interesting.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    I am not going to lose much sleep over Childs, but yes, in hindsight, he was a miss.
    I'm losing a ton of sleep! Total whiff by the Utes.

I know Two Utes has his undies in bunch over Emery, but your coach ... really?

“He was super sincere about how he was growing up and didn’t handle it right and that he has felt bad for quite a long time,” Krystkowiak said. “Kudos to him for reaching out. To be honest with you, if that had happened a little bit earlier — this is no disrespect to him — we wouldn’t ever have taken any time off. That was part of the holding pattern. I was waiting to see what would take place before I kind of got my undies in a bunch and wanted to put an end [to] it.”
    http://www.sltrib.com/sports/utah-ut...sage-exchange/

It fun to see how far under the skin of BYU fans Larry Krystkowiak has gotten. Not just from our resident BYU troll, but across twitter and other message boards as well. It seems Larry is less welcome in Provo this week than a resurrected Charles Manson would be.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Tooblue,
    I know you exist to just troll but are you really going to criticize Larry for an honest expression? I find his candor refreshing. The U - led by his candor - was pretty clear from the start on this one. They wanted the Y - particularly Dave Rose and Nick Emery - to act like reasonable adults and simply apologize. Rose's inaction that evening exacerbated the situation. You may not have been watching but from my vantage point I wasn't nearly as angered by Emery's cheap shot (they happen on both sides) as his profanity-laced tirade at Coach K as the referees sorted things out. Rose did nothing to restrain Emery or his assistant coach, Tim LaComb. Certainly, heat of the battle or moment comes to mind so you'd think a visit to the locker room following the game would happen. It didn't. All right, a phone call during the next week or two. It didn't happen. Any coach or player choosing that inaction loses a lot of my respect but adding the prism of representing the LDS Church makes it egregious.

Kudos to Larry for dealing honestly with the media then and now. Kudos to Emery for finally taking care of things. I respect him for it. Now, if only Rose would step forward and acknowledge his significant part in the conflict.

By the way, I'd love to see the relationship between Coach K and Emery blossom into a transfer to the U. I'd love to have better shooting on this team next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Utebiquitous View Post
    Tooblue,
    I know you exist to just troll but are you really going to criticize Larry for an honest expression? I find his candor refreshing. The U - led by his candor - was pretty clear from the start on this one. They wanted the Y - particularly Dave Rose and Nick Emery - to act like reasonable adults and simply apologize. Rose's inaction that evening exacerbated the situation. You may not have been watching but from my vantage point I wasn't nearly as angered by Emery's cheap shot (they happen on both sides) as his profanity-laced tirade at Coach K as the referees sorted things out. Rose did nothing to restrain Emery or his assistant coach, Tim LaComb. Certainly, heat of the battle or moment comes to mind so you'd think a visit to the locker room following the game would happen. It didn't. All right, a phone call during the next week or two. It didn't happen. Any coach or player choosing that inaction loses a lot of my respect but adding the prism of representing the LDS Church makes it egregious.

Kudos to Larry for dealing honestly with the media then and now. Kudos to Emery for finally taking care of things. I respect him for it. Now, if only Rose would step forward and acknowledge his significant part in the conflict.

By the way, I'd love to see the relationship between Coach K and Emery blossom into a transfer to the U. I'd love to have better shooting on this team next season.
    There was nothing honest about Larry Krystkowiak's actions. He flat out lied to the media by suggesting his concern was for player safety. The moment Larry Krsytkowiak chose to cancel the series he made this situation all about HIM, rendering his actions deplorable as those of a 21 year old idiot kid. That's pathetic, so yes, I am going to criticize him for his candor, offered years later only after being humiliated in his narcissism by the Utah state legislature.
    Last edited by tooblue; 12-13-2017 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
    There was nothing honest about Larry Krystkowiak's actions. He flat out lied to the media by suggesting his concern was for player safety. The moment Larry Krsytkowiak chose to cancel the series he made this situation all about HIM, rendering his actions deplorable as those of a 21 year old idiot kid. That's pathetic, so yes, I am going to criticize him for his candor, offered years later only after being humiliated in his narcissism by the Utah state legislature.

Think what you want, but he was concerned about player safety. A kid who acts like Emery did that night (and not just that night — he had a history) could actually start a brawl. I was only a few feet away from Larry and Nick that night and it was a disturbing scene.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    It fun to see how far under the skin of BYU fans Larry Krystkowiak has gotten. Not just from our resident BYU troll, but across twitter and other message boards as well. It seems Larry is less welcome in Provo this week than a resurrected Charles Manson would be.
    Coach K has to be paying way more than 80K for the rent inside so many Zoob's heads.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Think what you want, but he was concerned about player safety. A kid who acts like Emery did that night (and not just that night — he had a history) could actually start a brawl. I was only a few feet away from Larry and Nick that night and it was a disturbing scene.
    The only person that legitimately needed to be concerned about his safety was Emery. If Loveridge isn't there to hold him back, coach undies in a bunch would've beaten the living tar out of him. Again, this was all about Larry.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyUte View Post
    Coach K has to be paying way more than 80K for the rent inside so many Zoob's heads.
    If he's paying for it, he's not doing it right.

The only person that legitimately needed to be concerned about his safety was Emery. If Loveridge isn't there to hold him back, coach undies in a bunch would've beaten the living tar out of him. Again, this was all about Larry.
    Maybe that’s why Nick bailed this season.
    So why did I withdraw after all? After countless nights of no sleep, school, basketball, divorce, NCAA, my family's safety and my own safety, I decided it was good to withdraw from school and put an end to all the craziness
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

As others have already pointed out, this situation was really less about a "21 year old idiot kid" than it was a coach or coaches who sat idly by while his player went after another coach. Rose went AWOL. Do you grasp this concept?

Quote Originally Posted by snafu View Post
    As others have already pointed out, this situation was really less about a "21 year old idiot kid" than it was a coach or coaches who sat idly by while his player went after another coach. Rose went AWOL. Do you grasp this concept?
    So, it's not Nick Emery's fault at all? Dang, millennials really aren't responsible for anything are they!

In tooblue's world, sucker punching a player is the same as canceling a basketball game. Noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post
    In tooblue's world, sucker punching a player is the same as canceling a basketball game. Noted.
    Now it's a sucker punch? You guys are great. I'm not the one that is desperately trying to shift the blame for stupid behaviour on the floor by a 21 year old idiot basketball player and a grown man head basketball coach who can't keep his cool. You realize Larry was a thug in the NBA right? Ask Sherman Douglas.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyUte View Post
    It’s really pretty funny, isn’t it? They feel disrespected and it drives them nuts.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell