Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Nate Cooper should die of gonorrhea and roast in hell...Utah at byu

Biggest difference right now is were are shooting 2-13 from 3, while they are 5-10.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Biggest difference right now is were are shooting 2-13 from 3, while they are 5-10.
    Meanwhile, Collette is 3-4. He's our most efficient offense - should have at least 10 attempts per half.

Nate Cooper should die of gonorrhea and roast in hell...Utah at byu

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Meanwhile, Collette is 3-4. He's our most efficient offense - should have at least 10 attempts per half.
    Our biggest problem is subpar talent. Rawson a starter and our leading scorer in this game. Seriously? I’m sure these kids have character, or they wouldn’t beat any d1 teams. I admire their work ethic and grit. But we don’t have much ability. I was worried about an apocalyptic season. It looks like it will just be a losing season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

--Philo

Maybe the CBI is what we should hope for.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Maybe the CBI is what we should hope for.

All season I’ve been reading optimism here for an ncaa bid and thinking wtf is wrong with these guys. This is not a good team. I’ve been ignoring this season because I’ve been expecting mostly pain.

One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

--Philo

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    All season I’ve been reading optimism here for an ncaa bid
    Huh?

All season I’ve been reading optimism here for an ncaa bid and thinking wtf is wrong with these guys. This is not a good team. I’ve been ignoring this season because I’ve been expecting mostly pain.

That we are much better with a true freshman on the floor, and suffer this badly in his absence, says a lot about our talent level.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Where is this year’s recruit from Michigan? Did he transfer?

--Albert Einstein

--Richard Dawkins

--Philo

No optimism from me. I see "talent" as gradation of physical attributes on one end of the spectrum and on-court intelligence on the other. It's tough when a team does not register on this spectrum.

Nice to see you paying attention so closely. Tillman is out with a foot injury. I love how you come on critical of what you think the opinion is most of the board, when you obviously haven't even read two pages back in this thread.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Nice to see you paying attention so closely. Tillman is out with a foot injury. I love how you come on critical of what you think the opinion is most of the board, when you obviously haven't even read two pages back in this thread.
    SU dislikes Krysko.

--Yeats

Hawes needs to eat a few sandwiches.

--Yeats

Steve Lavin, doing color for our game at Butler, said we would be in the big dance. I rolled my eyes so hardI think I sprained a facial muscle. Color guys are prone to hyperbole.

He hurt his foot.. Late scratch

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Both our big men, Collette and Johnson, want to dribble the ball when they have it under the basket. That basic fundamental mistake — which should not be made after the 10th grade — has resulted in a turnover every time they have done it....
    Last edited by LA Ute; 12-16-2017 at 10:33 PM.

--Yeats

Both our big men, Collette and Johnson, want to dribble the ball when they have the ball under the basket. That has resulted in a turnover every time they have done it....
    Yeah, but Collette is now 5-7. Going through him in the post remains our best option.

Both our big men, Collette and Johnson, want to dribble the ball when they have the ball under the basket. That has resulted in a turnover every time they have done it....

Yes, exactly right. They both do much better when they catch and make a quick move.

Yeah, but Collette is now 5-7. Going through him in the post remains our best option.
    No doubt. He just needs to stop trying to dribble the ball in traffic under the hoop.

--Yeats

We didn't make up any ground with Childs out. Dang.

Defensive rebounding is becoming an issue for us.

Can someone explain why we have bibbins on bryant?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

We didn't make up any ground with Childs out. Dang.

Defensive rebounding is becoming an issue for us.
    Yes, there is a clear lack of effort. The wheels are starting to come off now anyway.

--Yeats

By the way, am I the only one around here thinks that where is decision to cancel the 2016 game was an unforced error? Nothing good has come of it, it seems to me.

--Yeats

Yes, there is a clear lack of effort. The wheels are starting to come off now anyway.
    I'm with SU - I think the issue is talent more than effort. This is the first time in history that BYU has more athleticism than Utah.

I'm with SU - I think the issue is talent more than effort. This is the first time in history that BYU has more athleticism than Utah.
    Well, Krystko and his staff recruited these kids, just like the ones who transferred. Still not impressed with our recruiting ability.

Did I claim to be paying attention? I said the contrary.

I’m not impressed that he’s in his what eighth year and we have a team with Big Sky level talent in the starting lineup. I get discouraged when I see good players transfer from our program that is so perpetually thin on ability. Stand on your principles, yeah, but ultimately you need players. I am partial to coaches with such all consuming intensity and passion for their jobs that they drive themselves nuts. I don’t get that feeling from him. I can’t stand how when they’re not in the NCAA playoffs the team just mails it in and gets annihlaited in the NIT. That speaks volumes. Our team seems to live hand to mouth. I recognized we’ll never recruit like Arizona. I defend Whit on that ground. But I don’t see any system or program for compensating for that like I did with Majerus and do with Whit. It’s just one really good JUCO or foreign player at a time, if we’re lucky.
    Last edited by SeattleUte; 12-16-2017 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by justaute View Post
    Well, Krystko and his staff recruited these kids, just like the ones who transferred. Still not impressed with our recruiting ability.
    I think Jayce and Tillman are the only two players on the team who were big recruiting wins. Everything else was cobbled together out of transfers.

Next season, we will actually have a handful of players who were somewhat heavily recruited.

This is absolutely accurate and well stated except big recruiting wins is a little exaggerated as those players would be maybe not even fall back options for Arizona. But yes, hey, we’re Utah. That means you’ve got to get the Jimmie Sotos and Mark Jacksons who have tons of character and can be coached up a lot and share the coach’s crazy devotion to the game.

I’m not impressed that he’s in his what eighth year and we have a team with Big Sky level talent in the starting lineup. I get discouraged when I see good players transfer from our program that is so perpetually thin on ability. Stand on your principles, yeah, but ultimately you need players. I am partial to coaches with such all consuming and intensity passion for their jobs that they drive themselves nuts. I don’t get that feeling from him. I can’t stand how when they’re not in the NCAA playoffs the team just mails it in and gets annihlaited in the NIT. That speaks volumes. Our team seems to live hand to mouth. I recognized we’ll never recruit like Arizona. I defend Whit on that ground. But I don’t see any system or program for compensating for that like I did with Majerus and do with Whit. It’s just one really good JUCO or foreign player at a time, if we’re lucky.
    You make a lot of good points. What I don’t understand about you is why you insist on comparing all basketball coaches to Majerus, but will not allow Whitt to be compared to Meyer.

Anyway, Larry is not perfect. Unlike your approach to Whit, I don’t think Larry is above criticism and I’m not going to personally attack anyone who criticizes him. He made a bad mistake in canceling the 2015 game, and he has not been able to recruit well. The shoe money that is corrupting recruiting in our major rivals (think Arizona) may have something to do with that. But results are results.

--Yeats

I think Jayce and Tillman are the only two players on the team who were big recruiting wins. Everything else was cobbled together out of transfers.

Next season, we will actually have a handful of players who were somewhat heavily recruited.
    Yep, in fact, most of next years recruits are tearing it up on their respective teams this year. I'm glad they are signed during the early period, and not just committed. I'm a excited for next year, and especially for the year after that.

Losing a couple of guys last year that should be here now hurts a lot. And Larry is responsibility for that, either for recruiting the "turds", or not managing them in a way that promoted their success and longevity here.