Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: You've got dysentery... The Oregon road trip

I don't think we deserved that one based on how hard we tried to give it away at the end...but I'll take it. It's great to be 2-0 right before playing the best two teams in the conference.

So that was a pretty exciting finish. Something about Utes and Beavs in Corvallis. Seemed plenty for the home crowd to be pissed off about. What I don’t get was why OSU got a defacto timeout after the jump ball was called with 1.5 to go? That isn’t normal, right? Turned out to not mean anything but seemed to be a bonus for them given that they were out of timeouts.

2-0 will make next week’s 0-2 easier to swallow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    So that was a pretty exciting finish. Something about Utes and Beavs in Corvallis. Seemed plenty for the home crowd to be pissed off about. What I don’t get was why OSU got a defacto timeout after the jump ball was called with 1.5 to go? That isn’t normal, right? Turned out to not mean anything but seemed to be a bonus for them given that they were out of timeouts.

2-0 will make next week’s 0-2 easier to swallow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Playing with house money!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    I don't think we deserved that one based on how hard we tried to give it away at the end...but I'll take it. It's great to be 2-0 right before playing the best two teams in the conference.
    Does the needlessly nerve-wracking finish say anything about Larry's game-end coaching? Or is it just one game?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Does the needlessly nerve-wracking finish say anything about Larry's game-end coaching? Or is it just one game?
    Well, it was nice this time to see the other team botch the late inbounds play.
    σοφῷ ἀνδρὶ Ἑλλὰς πάντα.
    -- Flavius Philostratus, Life of Apollonius 1.35.2.

I don't know, but he started to drain clock to early in my opinion.

I guess barefield is the closest we have to someone who can create his own shot, so he should have the ball in low shot clock situations. I just don't think that's a good look for us.

Tweets this am that Seeley has been conditioning two-a-days and will return for Ariz.

I don't have a problem running the shot clock down sub 10, but when defenses figure out that's what you're doing, it may help to get aggressive early in the clock as a change up.

More than anything, I think yesterday was a case of going against a coach who is equally fanatical about defense as LK, ie, "the enemy has a vote" factor. Also, our guys tightened up a little with the regular offense, and the Beavs - though frustrated by the refs - probably felt like they were going to win.

Tight game, gut-check victory, glad we don't play them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ma'ake View Post
    I don't have a problem running the shot clock down sub 10,
    Yeah, but in this game, we had a hard enough time getting good shots using the entire shot clock. Running it was nuts. With a 5 point lead? Sure. With a 3 point lead and 3 minutes to go? Crazy.