Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: You've got dysentery... The Oregon road trip

Quote Originally Posted by UTEopia View Post
    I'm beginning to wonder whether there is something, other than gallbladder surgery, going on with Seeley. To my knowledge, gallbladder surgery is, and has been for sometime, done with an arthroscope and is very minor. I remember LK saying last year that Seeley needed to be better about school. For him to not even be on the trip seems kind of odd.
    FWIW I know two people who had gallbladder surgery this year. One guy was nearly immediately better and the other guy is still having problems as a result of the surgery (trouble digesting food, diarrhea, says he just doesn’t feel right - although he is slowly getting better). Of course, there are a variety of reasons why that may be the case but I was under the impression from the one friend that it wasn’t uncommon to take a long time to recover and have your body adjust. Because of that I was actually surprised when the second recovered so quickly.

Point is, it could still be side effects of the surgery for Seeley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't believe that it's this team that wins in Eugene. Of course it helps that oregon doesnt have 9 players who are 6'9 and can play 5 positions like every other year

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post
    FWIW I know two people who had gallbladder surgery this year. One guy was nearly immediately better and the other guy is still having problems as a result of the surgery (trouble digesting food, diarrhea, says he just doesn’t feel right - although he is slowly getting better). Of course, there are a variety of reasons why that may be the case but I was under the impression from the one friend that it wasn’t uncommon to take a long time to recover and have your body adjust. Because of that I was actually surprised when the second recovered so quickly.

Point is, it could still be side effects of the surgery for Seeley.

I have a family member who had his gall bladder removed years ago. He has issues with food digestion etc to this day.

I've been up and down on Caldwell but his defense last night made him the unsung hero. Most of this season, I've thought he was just roster fill and he'd be on his way after the season.

If he can improve his outside shot, he could absolutely carve out a nice "3 and D" type role for himself and have a nice career here.

If Donnie T and Seeley come back, we could still be a tourney team.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    I have a family member who had his gall bladder removed years ago. He has issues with food digestion etc to this day.

I like most things it depends on your physiology. My wife had hers out and is fine. She also cut out milk and replaced with soy milk and that has also helped her digestion tremendously.

RPI jumped up to 39 after last night's win. There will be some movement based on what happens today, of course, but it's certainly a nice way to start the season.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Did Jokl go 10 and 5 last night?

I looked at the schedule and thought an 0 and 4 conference start was a very real possibility. Instead, Utah wins at Oregon, ending a nine game losing streak to the Ducks. What does this win mean? Is Oregon just not as good as expected, or have Utah fans been overly pessimistic about this year's team?
    "It'd be nice to please everyone but I thought it would be more interesting to have a point of view." -- Oscar Levant

Quote Originally Posted by USS Utah View Post
    I looked at the schedule and thought an 0 and 4 conference start was a very real possibility. Instead, Utah wins at Oregon, ending a nine game losing streak to the Ducks. What does this win mean? Is Oregon just not as good as expected, or have Utah fans been overly pessimistic about this year's team?
    I didn't get to see the 2nd half. But it seems like we played above our expectations last night. Only 3 turnovers, and we shot almost 40% from 3 point line on the road. It probably wouldn't have been enough to beat last year's Oregon team, but if we'll beat most teams if we can duplicate that type of performance.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by USS Utah View Post
    Is Oregon just not as good as expected
    Oregon has not been good at all so far this season. But they are young and possibly talented. Maybe they will improve as they go.

Utah -1 tomorrow in Corvallis

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    Utah -1 tomorrow in Corvallis
    This game has all of the excitement as that one New Year’s Eve when the #2 ranked Tim Duncan’s came to the Huntsman Center.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    This game has all of the excitement as that one New Year’s Eve when the #2 ranked Tim Duncan’s came to the Huntsman Center.

No player in Utah history gets as many bullshit fouls as Collette. Those first 2 were horrible

"Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

No player in Utah history gets as many bullshit fouls as Collette.
    He's the king of inconsequential fouls. Never fouls on a shot, never effects a play at all with a foul, but somehow he still gets into foul trouble every game.

Now Rawson picks up a quick two....both could have gone either way

Per ESPN we have a new guard playing.

Caldwell could end up being a better daiquiri Tucker

OSU is playing really tough defense. We lucked out on our three point shooting early, but we're gonna have to figure this out soon.

Never thought i'd say this but we need Rawson in the game

We've hit a lot of 3s but they are wide open takes.

We've hit a lot of 3s but they are wide open takes.
    Yeah; it's nice when it comes, but we need something more reliable to start working in the 2nd half.

10 threes in the first half is one way to get it done.

They're now calling it very close. We need to take advantage and get to the line.

This commentating team is....very inconsistent. One end a “brush” isn’t a foul, the other end they complain a “brush” wasn’t called. Not my favorite Pac-12 Network team

What was that?

Hold the ball with over two minutes to go with only a 3 point lead? What a waste of a possession. Go to Collette. We fouled out their big guy for a reason!

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Go to Collette. We fouled out their big guy for a reason!
    We just stopped trying to establish the post with 3 minutes to go. This makes no sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    We just stopped trying to establish the post with 3 minutes to go. This makes no sense at all.
    All half they tighten the calls then nothing

All half they tighten the calls then nothing

No one from osu was touching the ball!