Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
onlyU, who is clearly very closely tied to the program, posted the following on Utehub yesterday:

Blackmon and Johnson will start next year. Tyronne Smith (played above Hughes when healthy) and Guidry add depth. Always injuries but you never know how that plays out. Casey wants to play and probably deserves starting reps in a normal situation but as of today he’s a 2 at either spot and depending on development and player additions may be a 3.

I actually think Raelon is 50/50 at this point to do the same thing so we’ll see. Bronson Boyd and Covey coming back next year along with a couple of potential signings next month and the wideout position continues to add ridiculous depth. If he goes he’ll land in Texas at one of the Big 12 schools. Rae is an NFL talent without the work ethic to get there. If he ever figured that out…man he could be good. Thompson and Boyd start outside next year IMO and I think Boyd will be our top wideout. He’s that good. Singleton (if he stays), Hampton, Wilson and ? behind them.Simpkins/Covey/Nacua inside…

Asked about linebackers, he said

Best guess today:

First group – Bryant Pirtle – Jr., Cody Barton – Sr, Donovan Thompson – Jr, Chase Hansen – Sr

Then – Devin Lloyd, Karsen LijenquistTennessee Pututau (90%), Andrew Mataafa, Sione Lund (2 – 4 Stars and a 3 Star) coming in.

Wild cards:Francis Bernard (I think he ends up at Wash St but will be interesting…still a slight chance at Utah) and Izaih Filititonga HS/TX

(interesting that he has lund as an lb instead of an rb)
My only quibble with this is about Singleton's work ethic. The guy has unusually tight hamstrings and has to be very careful what he does and how long he does it.