Thread: Gary Andersen Returns

Gary Andersen Returns

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/utah-ut...te-head-coach/

Great news for Utah. Very rarely does a school like Utah get the opportunity to bring in such a great coach in his prime.

Kyle’s successor is now on the staff, depending on when Kyle retires.

Gary Anderson Returns

Looks like it's official now:

Gary Andersen Returns to Ute Football Staff
    Andersen will work with the defense as an associate head coach

http://www.utahutes.com/news/2018/1/...all-staff.aspx

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Assuming that KWhitt retires or leaves at some point, I highly doubt Gary Andersen would be in the running for the HC job at Utah as long as Chris Hill is running the show.

Just look at CHill's track record for hiring coaches. He has never gone after a retread. That's just not his MO.

However, this looks like a solid addition to the coaching staff. Go Utes!

ADs are so cute with their hires, always trying to bring in program insiders or giving too much credence to current players. Those two ideas combined have given USC a solid decade of mediocre coaches. USC, who could hire truly great, established names.

Quote Originally Posted by snafu View Post
    Assuming that KWhitt retires or leaves at some point, I highly doubt Gary Andersen would be in the running for the HC job at Utah as long as Chris Hill is running the show.

Just look at CHill's track record for hiring coaches. He has never gone after a retread. That's just not his MO.

However, this looks like a solid addition to the coaching staff. Go Utes!
    I will wager my first born that Hill retires before Whit does; the next AD will hire the next coach. I suspect Hill will take that into account when deciding when to retire--a new AD should be able to hire his coach; not fair to either the AD or coach if Hill hires Whit's replacement and then retires. Same with LK, I suspect.

I totally agree. Chris Hill won't stick around more than another year or so.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    ADs are so cute with their hires, always trying to bring in program insiders or giving too much credence to current players. Those two ideas combined have given USC a solid decade of mediocre coaches. USC, who could hire truly great, established names.
    Shhh...dont tell usc that.