Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: If Not Arizona, Then a Land Not Too Far Away: Utah vs. Arizona and Arizona St.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    We cut it to 6, and they go to Ayton twice in a row. It'd be nice to have a switch like that you can turn on whenever you need it.
    They are taller and quicker than Utah at pretty much every matchup. Also seem to be able to go inside at will.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Ugh, Caldwell steps out for the 2nd time in as many minutes.

Wow. Barefield is such a confusing player. Love it when he's hot!

Ugh, Caldwell steps out for the 2nd time in as many minutes.
    Playing hard and cutting that lead!
    c’mon, elevation! Do your magic
    σοφῷ ἀνδρὶ Ἑλλὰς πάντα.
    -- Flavius Philostratus, Life of Apollonius 1.35.2.

Gotta hand it to Sean Miller, his teams are always terrific offensive rebounders. We just can’t seem to mix them out.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

If Not Arizona, Then a Land Not Too Far Away: Utah vs. Arizona and Arizona St.

It will be interesting to see, post-game, how many points UA got in the paint tonight, and how many second-chance points they got. It’s impressive how good they are at both.
    Last edited by LA Ute; 01-04-2018 at 08:46 PM.

--Yeats

Glad to see Barefield picking up his effort.

Loving this. So much better than I expected.

That may have been the worst turnover I've ever seen. That pass barely made it 50% of the way to its target.

Quite the meltdown here down the stretch.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post

Dear Sean Miller,
    The FBI is on the phone.
    Should I ask Rich Rod’s administrative assistant to take the call after she finishes picking up his boxers?
    σοφῷ ἀνδρὶ Ἑλλὰς πάντα.
    -- Flavius Philostratus, Life of Apollonius 1.35.2.

Stupid Sean Miller is two 1-and-done centers away from missing the tournament in back-to-back seasons and losing his job.

I'm surprised we were able to make this as close as it was.

Not sure what to expect vs ASU.

Well, so CU beat ASU.

Saw a lot of good things in the second half. Loved the fight to come back. It would’ve helped to not have such a deficit to overcome.
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

I counted a 10 or 11-point run by UA.

--Yeats

Utes deserve lots of credit for battling back against a better team. I was impressed.

Listening to the post game presser; Larry’s not happy at all, which is good.

UA got 23 points on second shots. Quite a few off breakaways too.

--Yeats

Sean Miller whined about Utah fans being abusive in the post game. Sean Miller is a dirtbag.

I was really surprised by the comeback. And even though we played them really close, I'd be surprised if a 2nd game against Zona were to be close. I just think they are much better than us.
    Last edited by sancho; 01-04-2018 at 10:15 PM.

If Not Arizona, Then a Land Not Too Far Away: Utah vs. Arizona and Arizona St.

Sean Miller whined about Utah fans being abusive in the post game. Sean Miller is a dirtbag.
    The MUSS was chanting “FBI! FBI!” right behind the UA bench for much of the first half. It was wonderful.
    Last edited by LA Ute; 01-05-2018 at 07:16 AM.

--Yeats

Interestingly one of the officials tonight is the director of marketing for adidas basketball....he’s previously worked for Under Armour and Nike in similar roles.

Seems to me that’s a bad idea, having someone that connected to basketball apparel reffing college games, especially given the last 5 months, but what do I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stupid Sean Miller is two 1-and-done centers away from missing the tournament in back-to-back seasons and losing his job.

I'm surprised we were able to make this as close as it was.

Not sure what to expect vs ASU.
    I watched quite a bit of the ASU/CU game before our game started and then again when it got close I flipped back and forth. ASU is pretty guard heavy. If we're smart, and our bigs can hit layups, we should have a decided advantage inside. We're going to have to extend the defense so that their guards don't just launch threes all night long, but it is certainly a winnable game.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

During every timeout one of the young UA assistants turned away from their huddle and watched the Utah huddle intently, taking notes on a clipboard. He’d then report to another UA assistant Just as both huddles were about to break. What was that all about?

--Yeats

I was really surprised by the comeback. And even though we played them really close, I'd be surprised if a 2nd game against Zona were to be close. I just think they are much better than us.
    I heard about the FBI chants, and apparently the MUSS made it rain fake hundred dollar bills on the UA players as they went into the locker room at half time. I wish video of that existed, it would be glorious. And that treatment is as tame as Miller will see all season long.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    During every timeout one of the young UA assistants turned away from their huddle and watched the Utah huddle intently, taking notes on a clipboard. He’d then report to another UA assistant Just as both huddles were about to break. What was that all about?
    Sounds like the Todd Graham-ification of UA basketball.

Colorado right now Is doing everything against Arizona that we couldn't, and they lead by 14.

Colorado right now Is doing everything against Arizona that we couldn't, and they lead by 14.
    ...making my way to the TV. Thanks for the heads up.

Arizona couldn’t throw it in the ocean in the first half either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Cats just went to Ristic twice in a row late in the 2nd half. 0-1 and a turnover. If justaute were watching, he'd point out the low basketball IQ of Arizona.

'Cats just went to Ristic twice in a row late in the 2nd half. 0-1 and a turnover. If justaute were watching, he'd point out the low basketball IQ of Arizona.
    He's had a terrible game.

You gotta give Tad Boyle credit, he gets a lot out of a pretty limited squad. They contested shots and attacked the basket. They took the fight to Arizona and the Cats just didn't respond enough to get the W. Very impressive.

I'd like to see our guys attack more. I think that's partially why we haven't seen Barefield's best.

He's had a terrible game.

You gotta give Tad Boyle credit, he gets a lot out of a pretty limited squad. They contested shots and attacked the basket. They took the fight to Arizona and the Cats just didn't respond enough to get the W. Very impressive.

I'd like to see our guys attack more. I think that's partially why we haven't seen Barefield's best.

Arizona finally goes to Ayton with 1:00 left, and he immediately scores 5. How do you not use that weapon?

Arizona finally goes to Ayton with 1:00 left, and he immediately scores 5. How do you not use that weapon?
    If he cares at all about basketball, he's going to be a fantastic pro.

Haha