Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please change the name of this site.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post

Jeff Lebowski: You are wonderful.
    Seattle Ute: Thank you; I've worked hard to become so.
    Jeff Lebowski: I admit it, you are better than I am.
    Seattle Ute: Then why are you smiling?
    Jeff Lebowski: Because I know something you don't know.
    Seattle Ute: And what is that?
    Jeff Lebowski: I... am not left-handed.
    Seattle Ute: You are amazing.
    Jeff Lebowski: I ought to be, after 20 years.
    Seattle Ute: Oh, there's something I ought to tell you.
    Jeff Lebowski: Tell me.
    Seattle Ute: I'm not left-handed either.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Good grief.

Duderino, the overwhelming feeling among the immigrants here from your board, including me, is one of gratitude for what you built there and the many (wasted but happy, energized, insightful, and stimulating) hours you made possible there. Also, although we may spend more time here now, we aren't abandoning your board. You may be a miserable vomitous mass, but doggonit, you're our miserable vomitous mass.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by big z View Post
    Really is there a need for a CUF?
    There was a need for CUF. With CS and now UB5, maybe not, because both have made themselves BYU-centric and Utah-centric while still opening their arms to Ute fans and Cougar fans (respectively). But as I said with ufn, I'm grateful for CUF/CS and will continue to participate.

I sure hope JL and SU are upwind, otherwise they're both very wet and smell

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Thanks for the link. That thread was all-time classic SU. I think my favorite part was when you blamed the LDS church for the CG -> CUF migration (surprise!) and I asked you to elaborate and you said that the split occurred because we were uncomfortable with Mike Waters' opposition to prop 8:

http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...ull=1#post1178

I love how you just make shit up and then state it with absolute conviction.
    JL is way ahead of us, folks.
    I like interacting with some of my cougar friends, whether on here or over at cougarstadium. I'm sure both places will be lots of fun for years to come.

I'm also sure that the lucrative salary The Dude pulls down by running Cougarstadium has more than compensated him for all the the jabs and headaches over the past 4 years. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Solon View Post
    I'm also sure that the lucrative salary The Dude pulls down by running Cougarstadium has more than compensated him for all the the jabs and headaches over the past 4 years. Right?
    For some power and unrighteous dominion is a bigger high than money.

This place hasn't skipped a beat from the old CUF, may she rest in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    This place hasn't skipped a beat from the old CUF, may she rest in peace.
    I think it is cute that you are fascinated with JL and CUF. I can heA the cries of agony from Brasil, "I can't quit you!"

Quote Originally Posted by FN Phat View Post
    I think it is cute that you are fascinated with JL and CUF. I can heA the cries of agony from Brasil, "I can't quit you!"
    I happily quit CUF. JL is a good guy and I recommend he shut the place down

The revisionist history about CUF on this site are comedic gold.

Quote Originally Posted by FMCoug View Post
    The revisionist history about CUF on this site are comedic gold.
    that is precisely what happened.

So you up and left, as opposed to being kicked out for continually acting like a prick, then threatening a man with ruin for taking a cheap shot at Wuap? I'll be damned.

I defended your ass more than once over there. What an embarrassing mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Pudge's Pole View Post
    So you up and left, as opposed to being kicked out for continually acting like a prick, then threatening a man with ruin for taking a cheap shot at Wuap? I'll be damned.

I defended your ass more than once over there. What an embarrassing mistake.
    There's a really long story, beginning in 2002 on CB. I have no qualms about my identity now being known simply because this is the first time since that I'm on a non shared handle. It's not simply bc doccoug prefers anon. I don't know who you are but this place would be a lot better with full identity disclosure
    Last edited by Viking; 03-01-2013 at 03:04 PM.

Your ass got banned, Vike. Plain and simple. If you can't figure out who I am, you're not nearly as smart as you tell everyone you are.

Yes. But there was never a threat. Just enough to be done with viking there.

tone it down. I bet you'd not speak that way in real life. This place is off to a great start and doesn't need to be anything but civil.

Quote Originally Posted by Pudge's Pole View Post
    Your ass got banned, Vike. Plain and simple. If you can't figure out who I am, you're not nearly as smart as you tell everyone you are.
    Please guys... another board, another place...

We're all about love, peace, and Utes here..

Someone is going to have to post the cliff notes version of the back story on all the drama that this thread is based on...I'm sure I'm not the only one who is confused reading this. Or do I even wanna know?

I think this conversation is just about over.
    “The world is so exquisite with so much love and moral depth, that there is no reason to deceive ourselves with pretty stories for which there's little good evidence. Far better it seems to me, in our vulnerability, is to look death in the eye and to be grateful every day for the brief but magnificent opportunity that life provides.”
    Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia Ute View Post
    Someone is going to have to post the cliff notes version of the back story on all the drama that this thread is based on...I'm sure I'm not the only one who is confused reading this. Or do I even wanna know?
    No. Trust me, my Ute brother.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia Ute View Post
    I don't know and, more importantly, I don't care. It does not belong on here.