Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Random chat thread

Random chat thread

scorcho has given me an idea. Let's post our Ub5 new year's resolutions for 2017. Mine is to strive to be less irritating to SU.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Watch more TV and share my opinion more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I laugh every time I watch this.

https://www.facebook.com/CondeNastTr...4921267663982/

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

I have a three year old daughter that is obsessed with the word poo. She cannot say two sentences without the word poo appearing in one of them. All her made up jokes involve poo. She sings songs about poo.

My wife was in the grocery store with her today and an older lady stopped and said to my daughter, "that is a lovely jacket you have on." My daughter looked her square in the eye and said,"poo!" The lady wasn't sure she heard her right and said, "what was that ?" And my daughter just said, "pooooooooo." The lady just responded with "oh," and walked away. My wife wasn't happy but I can't stop laughing about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    I laugh every time I watch this.

https://www.facebook.com/CondeNastTr...4921267663982/

That's awesome. I laugh harder every time I see it.

Much like this one:

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    That's awesome. I laugh harder every time I see it.

Much like this one:

That used to happen to me often when I was a young lawyer.

--Yeats

I'm at a fisheries biologist conference in the lovely destination of Laughlin, NV. This is the coffee mug of the genius sitting next to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    I'm at a fisheries biologist conference in the lovely destination of Laughlin, NV. This is the coffee mug of the genius sitting next to me.

A fisheries biologist conference in the driest state in the US. Makes sense.

I spent a lot of time in Laughlin working with a client. I recall a place where the average age was about 75, and most people wore polyester leisure suits and white patent leather shoes. About 20% were wheeling oxygen tanks around with them.

--Yeats

Ha. Way back when we had to explain what an Internet troll was.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    A fisheries biologist conference in the driest state in the US. Makes sense.

Just the largest reservoir and second largest river in the country. Also, the focus is on endangered desert fishes, so that helps.

Just the largest reservoir and second largest river in the country. Also, the focus is on endangered desert fishes, so that helps.

Lake Belagio doesn't count

Here is a Mensa word cloud they have on their site (no I'm not kidding). You can share it with your new friend to show him that you really care.

Wow. I remember a lot of those names.

--Yeats

The new NOAA weather satellite, GOES-16 is sending it's first pictures. Pretty awesome stuff.

WaPo article discussing the new satellite:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.bc62494bcd2a

Gallery of images received from GOES-16:
    http://www.goes-r.gov/multimedia/goe...ndImagery.html

“To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

That picture is fantastic. Is that the satellite launched by the AtlasV last week?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    That picture is fantastic. Is that the satellite launched by the AtlasV last week?
    Nope. It was sent up in November 2016

If you zoom in a little bit, you can see LA Ute's house.

If you zoom in a little bit, you can see LA Ute's house.
    It's the one with the chimney.

--Yeats

I didn't realize Kearns High School had such a sweet view of downtown & The U. And their baseball field....oh my.

I was just listening to a podcast "hidden brain" where they are talking about big data and how banks are using the specific words you use in loan applications to help them determine the loan approval (what have bankers been doing before then?).

If you use the word "god" in the application, you are 2.2 times more likely to default on the loan. So unless you are starting a church, refrain from referring to your deity on a loan application.

Quote Originally Posted by Sullyute View Post
    I was just listening to a podcast "hidden brain" where they are talking about big data and how banks are using the specific words you use in loan applications to help them determine the loan approval (what have bankers been doing before then?).

If you use the word "god" in the application, you are 2.2 times more likely to default on the loan. So unless you are starting a church, refrain from referring to your deity on a loan application.

I can tell you that this is not the case on mortgage loans, at least on conventional, FHA, VA or USDA loans. There is no place to insert "words" other than your name. So if your name is God i guess you're screwed.

How do you forget about a car?

0CP89CY.jpg

You get deported, put in jail,or buried in the west desert

How do you forget about a car?

0CP89CY.jpg
    What is the background on this?

Somewhat related but when we moved into our house a couple of days later a very nice Tahoe was parked directly across the street from our driveway in front of our elderly neighbors. It was kind of a pain where it was parked but we didn't say anything about it, assuming it was our neighbor's car. It sat there for about 4 months unmoved. Finally one day there was a cop car and a tow truck hauling it away. A cop driving through checking plates discovered it was stolen.

About 4 months previously someone had stolen the car a couple of miles away and ditched it there. No damage to it or anything. The timing of such with our move in had our elderly neighbors thinking it was our car and we thought it was there car and so nobody reported it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post
    What is the background on this?

Somewhat related but when we moved into our house a couple of days later a very nice Tahoe was parked directly across the street from our driveway in front of our elderly neighbors. It was kind of a pain where it was parked but we didn't say anything about it, assuming it was our neighbor's car. It sat there for about 4 months unmoved. Finally one day there was a cop car and a tow truck hauling it away. A cop driving through checking plates discovered it was stolen.

About 4 months previously someone had stolen the car a couple of miles away and ditched it there. No damage to it or anything. The timing of such with our move in had our elderly neighbors thinking it was our car and we thought it was there car and so nobody reported it.

It is parked in someone's parking garage.

https://www.reddit.com/r/funny/comme...v9&sh=8896f315

Stupid bird survey season.

Early bird catches the... bird.

Quote Originally Posted by Sullyute View Post
    Early bird catches the... bird.

So far, just the sunrise.