Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
In the spirit of Halloween, we watched Ghostbusters last night. It was ok. Had some funny moments, but overall I'd give it a C, maybe C+/B-?
I agree. It wasn't bad. It wasn't great. I laughed. McCarthy was funny, as usual.

I didn't like how they rebooted it, ignoring the first two. All the original ghostbusters were in the movie. Instead of rebooting, have the old team put together the new team.

Also, my other complaint is that they casted incorrectly. I didn't like Kristen Wig (which was odd, because I usually really like her) and I didn't like the blond girl.

The original ghostbusters had the cool guy (Murray), the new guy (Hudson), the smart guy (Ramis) and the awkward guy (Aykroyd).

The new ghostbusters didn't have the "cool" guy. McCarthy and Wig played the same character (the Aykroyd) and it was too much.

They should have mixed it up. I think this lineup would have been amazing: Paul Rudd (cool guy), Seth Green (smart guy), McCarthy (awkward chick) and Jones (new chick). Then, have Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd and Ernie Hudson bring the new group together and go fight ghosts.

Not a bad movie, not at all...but a big time missed opportunity.