Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
Results 421 to 438 of 438

Thread: "The Last Movie You Saw" thread

  1. #421
    I am almost 20 years late to the party on this one. I have been on a world war 2 kick of late and I watched 'Saving Private Ryan'. That was four days ago and i am still thinking about it. I give it all the stars.

    I also watched the saints and soldiers trilogy. They have their flaws, mainly due to being low budget, but each one has a really good message.

  2. #422
    Watched Sicario for the second time. Really, Sicario, and Hell or Highwater have been the best movies I've seen in the last year or two. Strong recommendation on both -- but note they're both rated R with strong violence.
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

    "You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

    "Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

  3. #423
    Quote Originally Posted by mUUser View Post
    Watched Sicario for the second time. Really, Sicario, and Hell or Highwater have been the best movies I've seen in the last year or two. Strong recommendation on both -- but note they're both rated R with strong violence.
    Agreed. Both are great shows.

  4. #424
    Guardians of the Galaxy has been on TV lately. Watched it for --- probably the double-digith time. Gotta say its a classic. At least 50 good lines. I think this one is gonna stand the test of time. I'm not a stand in line on opening night guy.....but I may make GofG2 tomorrow an exception.
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

    "You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

    "Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

  5. #425
    Quote Originally Posted by mUUser View Post
    Guardians of the Galaxy has been on TV lately. Watched it for --- probably the double-digith time. Gotta say its a classic. At least 50 good lines. I think this one is gonna stand the test of time. I'm not a stand in line on opening night guy.....but I may make GofG2 tomorrow an exception.
    I totally agree. I went into the first with low expectations, and was blown away. Now if I see it is on tv, I sit down and watch it. I have been looking forward to the 2nd one for a while now, probably more than I was for the Star Wars movies.
    Dyslexics of the world, untie!

  6. #426
    Rocket Raccoon: Well now I'm standing. Happy? We're all standing now. Bunch of jackasses, standing in a circle.

    Drax: You, Quill, are my friend. This dumb tree is also my friend. And this green whore is also my....(interrupted by Gamora)


    Anyway, Rotten Tomatoes has GofG2 at 85% (vs 91% for original). IMDB at 8.1 for both movies. Probably worth a visit to the theater.
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

    "You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

    "Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

  7. #427
    Senior Member Scorcho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    right here, right now
    Posts
    766
    Quote Originally Posted by mUUser View Post
    Rocket Raccoon: Well now I'm standing. Happy? We're all standing now. Bunch of jackasses, standing in a circle.

    Drax: You, Quill, are my friend. This dumb tree is also my friend. And this green whore is also my....(interrupted by Gamora)


    Anyway, Rotten Tomatoes has GofG2 at 85% (vs 91% for original). IMDB at 8.1 for both movies. Probably worth a visit to the theater.
    and for some reason this doesn't seem to fall into that overdone Super Hero movie genre

  8. #428
    I went last night to GotG2. Oh man...............if you liked the first one, I really believe you will like this one as well. I laughed a ton. I was on teh edge of my seat. And the ending was terrific. There are 5 post movie/mid credits/after credits scenes, so hang around until the very end!!

  9. #429
    Senior Member Scorcho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    right here, right now
    Posts
    766
    Loved the first Guardian of the Galaxy movie, couldn't wait for the second one to end. Maybe it was just the mood I was in but I thought #2 was average at best

    I was excited to see it, but left thinking meh!

  10. #430
    Sam the Sheepdog LA Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    14,824
    "The Circle." Meh.

    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

    "Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

    "Nine tenths of wisdom consists of being wise in time."
    --Theodore Roosevelt


  11. #431
    Bone Tomahawk with Kurt Russell. An outstanding western but beware -- seriously grisly.
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

    "You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

    "Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

  12. #432
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    Loved the first Guardian of the Galaxy movie, couldn't wait for the second one to end. Maybe it was just the mood I was in but I thought #2 was average at best

    I was excited to see it, but left thinking meh!
    Agree on all points.
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

    "You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

    "Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

  13. #433
    Watched 'Train to Busan' last night on Netflix. It is a Korean zombie movie. Not too bad... if you are into zombie movies.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  14. #434
    Senior Member Scorcho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    right here, right now
    Posts
    766
    my wife and I watched "Snatched" last night with Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn. Giant Meh!

    all of the funny scenes you can see in the previews, and was a little too crude for my taste

  15. #435
    Saw Wonder Woman with my daughter tonight. I knew it had good reviews but it was surprisingly good. If you are tired of the same old super hero story this one was a pretty good fresh take. My daughter loved it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #436
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post
    Saw Wonder Woman with my daughter tonight. I knew it had good reviews but it was surprisingly good. If you are tired of the same old super hero story this one was a pretty good fresh take. My daughter loved it.
    Haven't seen it yet, but I'm glad DC got out of its rut and realized that superheroes should be likeable instead of moody.

  17. #437
    Sam the Sheepdog LA Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    14,824
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post
    Saw Wonder Woman with my daughter tonight. I knew it had good reviews but it was surprisingly good. If you are tired of the same old super hero story this one was a pretty good fresh take. My daughter loved it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We liked it too. I was surprised at how much I liked it. I grew up on DC comics and this felt like real DC stuff.

    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

    "Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

    "Nine tenths of wisdom consists of being wise in time."
    --Theodore Roosevelt


  18. #438
    Senior Member Scorcho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    right here, right now
    Posts
    766
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post
    Saw Wonder Woman with my daughter tonight. I knew it had good reviews but it was surprisingly good. If you are tired of the same old super hero story this one was a pretty good fresh take. My daughter loved it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    watched it tonight, loved it. One of the better movies of 2017.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •