Thread: Talk me down from the ledge: I'm thinking of moving to Utah County.

Hybrid View

This past month has really solidified that I was away too long. With HS baseball season in full bloom now, we've played some really funky high schools. East, West, Highland, Skyline, Olympus, Murray, Bountiful, Viewmont, Davis, Orem, Provo, Judge etc..... Those I've got. Don't need directions. But, here's a few of the teams we've played, or have seen play.....

Wake(something)
    Fremont
    Lone Peak
    Salem Hills
    Canyon Hills? -- Sandy
    Stansbury
    Herriman
    Northridge?

I'm pretty sure these are all less than 25 years old. Also, NEWSFLASH - Granite closed.
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

Quote Originally Posted by mUUser View Post
    This past month has really solidified that I was away too long. With HS baseball season in full bloom now, we've played some really funky high schools. East, West, Highland, Skyline, Olympus, Murray, Bountiful, Viewmont, Davis, Orem, Provo, Judge etc..... Those I've got. Don't need directions. But, here's a few of the teams we've played, or have seen play.....

Wake(something)
    West Lake? If so, that's in Saratoga Springs on the west side of Utah Lake. Proud home of Mia Love.

Fremont
    Lone Peak
    Salem Hills
    Canyon Hills? -- Sandy
    Corner Canyon? It's in Sandy.

Stansbury
    Stansbury is Stansbury Park. The high class end of Tooele.

Herriman
    SW corner of the valley

Northridge?
    Never been quite sure where Northridge is located.
    I'm pretty sure these are all less than 25 years old. Also, NEWSFLASH - Granite closed.
    No nearly as many kids on the east side. Olympus was in a death spiral for a while too until they picked up all the kids from Granite. Then they rebuilt Olympus. You should check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    Never been quite sure where Northridge is located.
    Northridge is in Layton, kind of the north east side of the city.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Talk me down from the ledge: I'm thinking of moving to Utah County.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Northridge is in Layton, kind of the north east side of the city.
    Proud Northridge alum! It is straight out the main gate from Hill Airforce base.
    Last edited by Sullyute; 04-04-2017 at 08:35 PM.

Wallethub study says 90 percent LDS Church membership makes Provo "least diverse" population in the country.....

https://www.ksl.com/article/46530719/provo-is-one-of-the-least-diverse-cities-in-america-a-new-study-says-orem-isnt-far-behind
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

Quote Originally Posted by mUUser View Post
    Wallethub study says 90 percent LDS Church membership makes Provo "least diverse" population in the country.....

https://www.ksl.com/article/46530719/provo-is-one-of-the-least-diverse-cities-in-america-a-new-study-says-orem-isnt-far-behind
    Meanwhile, DesNews decries the destabilization of Utah County by all the outsiders, blames change to two hour sessions on the near-heathen.