Thread: One Intro to rule them all,

One Intro to rule them all,

With a tip o the cap to pelligrino, here we go
    How did you pick your Moniker?

My name is Jarid and I live in Cedar. Complicated

How did you discover UB5?

I started the site

How many states/countries have you lived in?

Two. Utah and Idaho

What are your Sports Loyalties?

The Utes, The Seattle Seahawks, The Jazz and Celtics(when I decide I care about the NBA). I am currently a free agent in baseball. I was a Red Sox fan until they decided to not sign Roger Clemens in 1997. They are now the Dead Sox, as in dead to me

What was the moment that cemented your Ute Fanhood?

Josh Grant dunking over Shawn Bradley in 1991. Prior to that, I claimed Utah as my favorite team, but I followed pro sports closer than college.

What do you currently do for a living?

I am a physician. I work mostly in the hospital now and am slowly starting to move into the care management/administrative side of medicinE

Are your religiously affiliated, and if so, what is your current standing?​

Baptized LDS, currently agnostic but believe that the origins of the universe are more likely divine than random.

Feel free to ask any other questions, and please start a new thread to introduce yourself in the same manner.
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

With a tip o the cap to pelligrino, here we go

I fly fish and I have had this name on sports boards since 2001.

A super secret Facebook forum and CUF

6 California, Illinois, Nebraska, Michigan, Utah, Massachusetts

BYU, Lakers, Dodgers, Blackhawks and Bears.

I am not a Ute fan, but my wife was a Ute athlete, and I am a fan of her. Falling in love15 years ago cemented that.

I am a director of a professional services firm and specialize in the valuation of businesses, intangible assets, equities, debt instruments, derivatives, etc.

Baptized LDS, and served a mission. I always had my doubts and concerns about the LDS church. Most of my issues revolved around church history and doctrine. I finally called it quits for good during prop 8. I am not bitter and I don't hate the church because it helped make me who I am today. I just don't believe it anymore. Currently I am unaffiliated.
    Last edited by Jarid in Cedar; 03-06-2013 at 11:43 PM. Reason: fixed formatting problem

Welcome Flystripper (and Jarid). Your combined intro post will seal you two together in the internet heavens for eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Welcome Flystripper (and Jarid). Your combined intro post will seal you two together in the internet heavens for eternity.

I didn't really think too clearly about that. I was mostly trying to use the template while on my phone and I am not very good at doing a copy and paste on it. Replying was an easier option. I will move it to its own post but will leave original here for JIC to delete or for all to see my mistake.

I don't feel the need to start my own thread, so I will just use this one. After all, This thread is the one thread to rule them all...

The Whisky Priest is one of my favorite literary characters from Graham Greene's The Power and the Glory. I love literature, although I must confess that I have not read as much as I should have recently.

I read about it on JazzFanz.com. I posted there under the same name for quite awhile, and I am excited to find a Utes message board that is readable.

Louisiana, Utah, California, Oregon, Germany, and I will be moving to Italy for about five years next month (Graduate Studies).

Anything and Everything Utah Utes and Notre Dame Fighting Irish. I also bleed purple (Weber State) during basketball season. I was also a Utah Jazz season ticket holder for two years. Also, I have to throw Bayern Munchen on here <---- We are dominating right now.

I have always been a Utes fan, however, for a long time I put them on the back burner behind pro sports. It has only been recently (about five years or so) that I have began to appreciate college football and basketball more than their professional counterparts. I am not oblivious to the fact that professional sports has the superior athletes. However, it just seems to me that College athletes are more focused on the front of the jersey rather than the back.

I am a Catholic Seminarian for the Diocese of Salt Lake City.

I am a Roman Catholic, and I am currently studying to become a Catholic Priest.
    Last edited by LA Ute; 06-11-2013 at 05:14 PM.

Welcome, WhiskeyPriest!

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Killer into, WhiskyPriest. What is your favorite imbibing liquid?
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

I love the idea that soon this board will have a member posting from Rome, Italy.

Whiskey Priest, you ought to visit the Believer Thread. We could use a Catholic seminarian over there. It's pretty Mormon right now. (Nothing wrong with that, but this is a U. of U. board, doggonit! We prize diversity!)

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Welcome, WhiskeyPriest!
    Thank you for the welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
    Killer into, WhiskyPriest. What is your favorite imbibing liquid?

I'm a German, so I still prefer beer over hard liquor. However, I do enjoy Sailor Jerry's Rum, Asbach (brandy), and of course scotch whisky. I should mention that I always attempt to drink in moderation, and I never drink and drive.

One thing that is funny is that my favorite Utah beer is the "Provo Girl" stuff, just a regular ole pilsner.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    I love the idea that soon this board will have a member posting from Rome, Italy.

Whiskey Priest, you ought to visit the Believer Thread. We could use a Catholic seminarian over there. It's pretty Mormon right now. (Nothing wrong with that, but this is a U. of U. board, doggonit! We prize diversity!)

I glanced at it... and I felt like I was looking into the inner workings of the LDS General Conference . I'm sure I'll make some contribution to that thread, as well as "The Institute of Religion" subforum. However, the primary reason I joined this forum is to attempt to satisfy my Utes fix during my theological studies in Rome.

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. I'm loving this forum so far.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskyPriest View Post
    I glanced at it... and I felt like I was looking into the inner workings of the LDS General Conference . I'm sure I'll make some contribution to that thread, as well as "The Institute of Religion" subforum. However, the primary reason I joined this forum is to attempt to satisfy my Utes fix during my theological studies in Rome.
    What? You come to a sports message board to talk about...sports???

If you get the time and have any interest, I'd love to see you contribute there. It's for believers of any faith. We Mo's have just been too loud in the early going.

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskyPriest View Post
    I will be moving to Italy for about five years next month (Graduate Studies).
    That sounds like a great experience. What part of Italy are you going to?

Quote Originally Posted by Sullyute View Post
    That sounds like a great experience. What part of Italy are you going to?
    Rome. I am excited, but also a little nervoues. I've never been a second language student before.