Thread: The frequent flyer thread

Hybrid View

So would there be anything stopping you from buying like 100 refundable tickets a month out and then returning all of them except yours an hour before the flight to make sure you had lots of leg room and space to stretch out on your flight?

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    So would there be anything stopping you from buying like 100 refundable tickets a month out and then returning all of them except yours an hour before the flight to make sure you had lots of leg room and space to stretch out on your flight?
    hmm, never thought of that.
    there might be something to stop you the second time you tried this.

Banned
    I saw Coach Whittingham at the airport yesterday, I went up to shake his hand. I introduced myself and he asked me if I was a fan, when I stated that I was he immediately apologized to me for the season.

Damn... I got the idea that he does that a lot. I wasn't going to say anything negative to him anyway... but that made me regret what I was even thinking. He realizes that fans feel let down... and he takes that personally.

Damn... that's gotta be difficult. I hope he succeeds big next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Devildog View Post
    I saw Coach Whittingham at the airport yesterday, I went up to shake his hand. I introduced myself and he asked me if I was a fan, when I stated that I was he immediately apologized to me for the season.

Damn... I got the idea that he does that a lot. I wasn't going to say anything negative to him anyway... but that made me regret what I was even thinking. He realizes that fans feel let down... and he takes that personally.

Good PR by him. Impressive.

Having been around Kyle a bit when I worked at RES and the practice facility, he takes his job very seriously and is very passionate about it

He isn't demonstrative like Fred was, but he has that same fire inside of him

Back in the mid-1980s when I flew from Montana to SLC, the noon-time flights would sometimes fly at 15,000 feet through Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons. The view was spectacular, something that it isn't at 30,000+ feet.

I love Whit. I guarantee that Bronco would never do that. I wish we had Kyle...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    I love Whit. I guarantee that Bronco would never do that. I wish we had Kyle...
    If we have another season next year, like the last couple... he may be available.

I'm not a frequent flyer, although I have done more these past few months than normal.

In the SLC airport this morning, our flight to SFO we delayed so we grabbed some breakfast at Market Street. It may be one if the nicest airport restaurants I have seen, and the eggs benedict were excellent.

While there, a guy at a nearby table took a call on his cell phone, and proceeded to wander around the restaurant oblivious to everything around him. At one point he stood across from me and I noticed he was doing something funny with his hands. He continued to do this as he walked around.

IMG_4659.jpg
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    I'm not a frequent flyer, although I have done more these past few months than normal.

In the SLC airport this morning, our flight to SFO we delayed so we grabbed some breakfast at Market Street. It may be one if the nicest airport restaurants I have seen, and the eggs benedict were excellent.

While there, a guy at a nearby table took a call on his cell phone, and proceeded to wander around the restaurant oblivious to everything around him. At one point he stood across from me and I noticed he was doing something funny with his hands. He continued to do this as he walked around.
    You should have reported it to the police... Just for fun. Imagine him trying to explain.