Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Utes in the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    Bellichick is a master at teaching players to be smarter. He always finds a way to coach up a player who was a washout elsewhere.

I am happy to see Eric Rowe thrive with the Patriots. He is a talented player and I want to see him stick around.

Does anyone know whether Derrick Shelby is going to play? He was injured earlier but it would be nice to see him play in the SB.
    Shelby was placed on IR in October with a Torn Achilles. He's out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    They are.

During the season Steve actually went home to see his wife and kids during the week.

He and Angie have an endowed scholarship at the U for football and another scholarship for students who are at risk.

Guessing we may see him more now that he's retired. (He mentioned both the U and McBride in his post game interview last week)

http://m.baltimoreravens.com/videos/...0-cbd4455729b5

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

For MRD- Weddle ranked the #10 player in the NFL for 2016 by ProFootballFocus.com.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post

For MRD- Weddle ranked the #10 player in the NFL for 2016 by ProFootballFocus.com.
    Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post

He looks like he has been living in the weight room.

Oh no. Our secret may be out.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    He looks like he has been living in the weight room.
    Definitely!

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

underachieving as well as underrated? That is the debate this weekend--with all the atheletes at the combine (Brian Allen just ran a 4.43 40, and Pita T also having a great combine, along with those you would expect to) why havent we done better in the Pac 12 south.

We know the answer--qb and wide receivers and pass offense. (and maybe lb's to an extent)

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post

Andy Phillips mentioned on a recent 4th and long podcast that Marcus Williams was one of the most dedicated football player he's ever been around. Watches everything that he eats and drinks (doesn't do soda or alcohol) and is a meticulous eater.

https://twitter.com/SeniorBowlPhil/s...34805643096064

Phil Savage@SeniorBowlPhil 11m11 minutes agoMore

IMO, most impressive Safety workouts in Group 11:1. Obi Melifonwu/Conn2. Marcus Williams/Utah3. Jabrill Peppers/Mich

Last edited by Scorcho; 03-06-2017 at 12:45 PM.

The list grows tonight. What are the chances that Bolles comes to Denver?

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Mike Mayock and the NFL Nation reporters Mock drafts had him at 23 to the Giants. Seems like folks are starting to cool on the offensive tackles all the way around this year. I think we're in for a wild night with a bunch of teams mistakenly trading up for QBs.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Another Ute in Denver! Welcome, Garrett.

Williams to the Saints. Great to see Utes going to teams I already root for.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Great call!

Joe Williams drafted by SF, pick 121.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by drumnfeather View Post
    joe williams drafted by sf, pick 121.
    Espn spent some time discussing Joe's background and story. Did a great job. Kiper and McShay both raved about him.

So who still has a shot? Asiata, and who else?

Going into today, some thought Tevi, Dimick, Allen (size, speed, and the run on DBs in this draft).

Looks like Asiata is about to go to Miami here in round 5. They just traded up.

surprised Asiata hasnt gone yet. based on the tweet he sent out yesterday morning, I think he thought he would go last night rounds 2 or 3.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Looks like Asiata is about to go to Miami here in round 5. They just traded up.

you called that one

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    you called that one
    I'd love to take credit, but I got it from the twitter.

J.J. Dielman off to Cincy.

Brian Allen to Pittsburgh a few picks earlier. The line is moving!

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Brian Allen to Pittsburgh a few picks earlier. The line is moving!
    Good for him. I work with his FIL. He'll be excited.
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."