Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
Results 331 to 349 of 349

Thread: Utes in the NFL

  1. #331
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Twin Falls, Idaho
    Posts
    2,926
    Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    If I read Wikepedia correctly, Peyton and Elway are correct. The others are OJ, Bradshaw, Earl Campbell, and Cam.

    Is that right, SoCalPat?
    That's correct. Sorry for the delay in responding.

  2. #332
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Twin Falls, Idaho
    Posts
    2,926
    Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    These days, it is hard to imagine that an rb ever went no. 1 or was mvp. Earl Campbell?
    Largely accepted that if he didn't miss a game early in the season, that he would've broken OJ's single-season rushing record (for which he won his MVP in 1973). Finished with 1,934 yards (second-highest all-time when done). And really, little has changed since then. If you're MVP and you're a RB, you've done either something statistically outrageous (Barry, Terrell Davis, AP, LT, Shaun Alexander) or you're the engine on a great team (Thurman Thomas, Emmitt Smith, Marshall Faulk).

  3. #333
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post
    Largely accepted that if he didn't miss a game early in the season, that he would've broken OJ's single-season rushing record (for which he won his MVP in 1973). Finished with 1,934 yards (second-highest all-time when done). And really, little has changed since then. If you're MVP and you're a RB, you've done either something statistically outrageous (Barry, Terrell Davis, AP, LT, Shaun Alexander) or you're the engine on a great team (Thurman Thomas, Emmitt Smith, Marshall Faulk).
    I don't ever remember the Oilers being championship caliber enough to justify an mvp,
    but it was a long time ago.

  4. #334
    Mike McCoy fired as OC for the Broncos.

  5. #335
    Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Mike McCoy fired as OC for the Broncos.
    This could be great for the Utes. Maybe bring him in as a grad asst?

  6. #336
    Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    This could be great for the Utes. Maybe bring him in as a grad asst?
    LOL - I doubt he would be interested in the new assistant coach job. It will be interesting to see what direction Whit goes with the additional assistant. I hope he goes for a veteran coach with head coaching experience. I wouldn't mind Andersen getting hired as the Special Teams Coordinator or Ed Lamb from BYU.

  7. #337
    Quote Originally Posted by UTEopia View Post
    LOL - I doubt he would be interested in the new assistant coach job. It will be interesting to see what direction Whit goes with the additional assistant. I hope he goes for a veteran coach with head coaching experience. I wouldn't mind Andersen getting hired as the Special Teams Coordinator or Ed Lamb from BYU.
    I’m hoping for a time out strategist


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #338
    Quote Originally Posted by UTEopia View Post
    Ed Lamb from BYU.
    I'll take Lamb. I don't know him, but people seem to really respect him.

    More than anything, assistant coaches need to be able to recruit.

  9. #339
    How a legend came to Utah.


  10. #340
    Administrator U-Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    4,763
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    How a legend came to Utah.

    Ah yes. The time tested method of “living where you pass out” is how I have made most of life’s most important decisions.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #341

  12. #342
    Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Called back because of a hold...by ex-Ute Garett Bolles.

  13. #343
    Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Called back because of a hold...by ex-Ute Garett Bolles.
    Still very cool.

  14. #344
    Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Still very cool.
    :

  15. #345
    Senior Member Scorcho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    right here, right now
    Posts
    952
    Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    :
    Eric Rowe with the pass breakup which pops in the air and the Pats intercept it to hold off the Steelers

  16. #346
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    Eric Rowe with the pass breakup which pops in the air and the Pats intercept it to hold off the Steelers
    Steelers got jobbed on that overturned TD.

  17. #347
    Weddle with another INT

    Sean Smith with two INT’s


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #348
    Senior Member Scorcho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    right here, right now
    Posts
    952


    Attached Images Attached Images

  19. #349
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •