Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Utes in the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    If I read Wikepedia correctly, Peyton and Elway are correct. The others are OJ, Bradshaw, Earl Campbell, and Cam.

Is that right, SoCalPat?
    That's correct. Sorry for the delay in responding.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    These days, it is hard to imagine that an rb ever went no. 1 or was mvp. Earl Campbell?
    Largely accepted that if he didn't miss a game early in the season, that he would've broken OJ's single-season rushing record (for which he won his MVP in 1973). Finished with 1,934 yards (second-highest all-time when done). And really, little has changed since then. If you're MVP and you're a RB, you've done either something statistically outrageous (Barry, Terrell Davis, AP, LT, Shaun Alexander) or you're the engine on a great team (Thurman Thomas, Emmitt Smith, Marshall Faulk).

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post
    Largely accepted that if he didn't miss a game early in the season, that he would've broken OJ's single-season rushing record (for which he won his MVP in 1973). Finished with 1,934 yards (second-highest all-time when done). And really, little has changed since then. If you're MVP and you're a RB, you've done either something statistically outrageous (Barry, Terrell Davis, AP, LT, Shaun Alexander) or you're the engine on a great team (Thurman Thomas, Emmitt Smith, Marshall Faulk).
    I don't ever remember the Oilers being championship caliber enough to justify an mvp,
    but it was a long time ago.

Mike McCoy fired as OC for the Broncos.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Mike McCoy fired as OC for the Broncos.
    This could be great for the Utes. Maybe bring him in as a grad asst?

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    This could be great for the Utes. Maybe bring him in as a grad asst?
    LOL - I doubt he would be interested in the new assistant coach job. It will be interesting to see what direction Whit goes with the additional assistant. I hope he goes for a veteran coach with head coaching experience. I wouldn't mind Andersen getting hired as the Special Teams Coordinator or Ed Lamb from BYU.

Quote Originally Posted by UTEopia View Post
    LOL - I doubt he would be interested in the new assistant coach job. It will be interesting to see what direction Whit goes with the additional assistant. I hope he goes for a veteran coach with head coaching experience. I wouldn't mind Andersen getting hired as the Special Teams Coordinator or Ed Lamb from BYU.
    Iím hoping for a time out strategist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by UTEopia View Post
    Ed Lamb from BYU.
    I'll take Lamb. I don't know him, but people seem to really respect him.

More than anything, assistant coaches need to be able to recruit.