Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Utes in the NFL

And Canter has made it clear McCoy is not the problem, it's the front office and owners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great read on Alex Smith and the turnaround this year in KC: http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/01/05/n...-2015-playoffs
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

The Chiefs need to stop playing Utah ball. Time to go for broke.
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

--Philo

Really great article on Star Lotulelei: http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/02/04/s...-super-bowl-50

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Six Utes nab NFL combine invites:

Booker, Carter, Faniaka, Hackett, Norris, Paul.

18 QBs, none named Travis Wilson.

Fackrell, Sharp and Vigil from USU also invited as well as Kafusi from BYU. 3 players from Southern Utah as well.

Nice representation:

image.jpg

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Sean Smith to the Raiders. Are they the most Ute-centric NFL team? I need to know who I should root for now.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Nice representation:

image.jpg
    Why is it Cal always seems to underperform relative to the number of players they put in the NFL?

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Go Utes! Get drafted!
    From looking at mocks, Booker and Faniaka are virtual locks to get drafted and most of the other guys could go anywhere from 5th to 7th round. I maintain that someone should draft Travis Wilson and turn him into a TE.

Somewhat of a surprise that Booker is still on the board. Two aggies and one cougar taken so far.

I don't have an NFL team, so I just follow the former Utes. Eric Weddle and Steve Smith are hands down my favorite utes ever, so I guess Im a Ravens "fan". With the drafting of Bronson Kaufusi, they now have 3 players from each side of the rivalry. Should make for some fun locker room trash talk.

As always, I just hope our guys end up in good situations with good chances to make the team and contribute to help grow our program, and because theyre all good guys.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    Somewhat of a surprise that Booker is still on the board. Two aggies and one cougar taken so far.

I don't have an NFL team, so I just follow the former Utes. Eric Weddle and Steve Smith are hands down my favorite utes ever, so I guess Im a Ravens "fan". With the drafting of Bronson Kaufusi, they now have 3 players from each side of the rivalry. Should make for some fun locker room trash talk.

As always, I just hope our guys end up in good situations with good chances to make the team and contribute to help grow our program, and because theyre all good guys.
    I'm not surprised at all

He had two surgeries on the same "minor" injury and still hasn't healed enough by April 12th to do anything but run routes at less than 80%.

I think at this point we have to basically assume Booker's injury is much worse than reported and he has been red flagged by a lot of teams.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    I think at this point we have to basically assume Booker's injury is much worse than reported and he has been red flagged by a lot of teams.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
    I think having the second procedure in February slowed him down. That procedure was just disclosed last week.

Guessing it pushed him back one round, likely goes in the 3rd otherwise.

Broncos keep stealing in NFL Draft with savvy Devontae Booker pick

In Booker, the Broncos have a true North-South plowhorse perfectly suited for the one-cut zone running scheme head coach Gary Kubiak employs. Booker joins C.J. Anderson andRonnie Hillman in the Broncos' backfield if he recovers from knee surgery. Booker, who tore his meniscus in November against Arizona, told the Denver Post his knee is about "90 percent."

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Free Agent Signings

Hackett to the Jets
    Fanaika to the Niners
    Norris to the Panthers
    Carter to the Redskins

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    Free Agent Signings

Hackett to the Jets
    Fanaika to the Niners
    Norris to the Panthers
    Carter to the Redskins

Wilson to the Bengals.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Wilson to the Bengals.
    Keep seeing he was invited to mini camp. Did he sign a FA deal or just get a camp invite?

Looks like Gionni Paul will also be at the Bengals mini camp

Jason Whittingham to the Raiders

Five Day 3 players who could have a big impact

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...851-sf25422851

"It's men in shorts." -- Rick Majerus

--Yeats

Looks like Gionni Paul will also be at the Bengals mini camp

Jason Whittingham to the Raiders

I love the idea of Paul with Marvin Lewis.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Kenneth Scott gets a tryout with the Rams.

After participating in the Bengals mini-camp Gionni Paul had signed a Free Agent Contract with them.

Travis Wilson competed in the same camp. Has not been offered a contract as of now

After participating in the Bengals mini-camp Gionni Paul had signed a Free Agent Contract with them.

Travis Wilson competed in the same camp. Has not been offered a contract as of now

Apparently he hit a coach in the back of the head with a pass. Whoops.

Tevin Carter was released by the Redskins before mini camp, which makes me wonder how his health is. I hope he catches on somewhere.

Apparently he hit a coach in the back of the head with a pass. Whoops.
    I've just sat here and laughed myself silly about this. You know those pivotal moments you can look back in life and say, "That is why I now do x..." ?

That has a high probability of being his and a great one it is.

Mine involves taking a horrible job out of grad school. The first three hours of that job were humiliatingly bad, so bad that I went to lunch and sat in my car deciding whether to just drive home or go back. I had just bought a home, so the thought of unemployment wasn't a good one. I drove back, endured through the next six months until that person I was replacing left, and now I'm a bald angry man for it.

Where would I be had I just left and gone home and found a different job that day? Where will Travis be now that he bounced a ball off a coaches head?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post
    I've just sat here and laughed myself silly about this. You know those pivotal moments you can look back in life and say, "That is why I now do x..." ?

That has a high probability of being his and a great one it is.

Mine involves taking a horrible job out of grad school. The first three hours of that job were humiliatingly bad, so bad that I went to lunch and sat in my car deciding whether to just drive home or go back. I had just bought a home, so the thought of unemployment wasn't a good one. I drove back, endured through the next six months until that person I was replacing left, and now I'm a bald angry man for it.

Where would I be had I just left and gone home and found a different job that day? Where will Travis be now that he bounced a ball off a coaches head?
    OK, I'm laughing too. Travis, Travis, Travis. I hope that story becomes the one explaining why he became a tight end instead of a quarterback. The kid is a Warrior and a good athlete. I hope he finds someplace to hang on in the NFL.

--Yeats

Broncos Mailbag: Where does Devontae Booker fit in Denver's backfield?

Booker provides intriguing talent and depth. He ranked as a second rounder on some draft boards. However, he underwent knee surgery to repair his meniscus in November, leaving him easing into the mix. The plan remains for Anderson to receive the bulk of the carries with Hillman providing a change of pace. But just like last season, coach Gary Kubiak will play the most effective back. If Booker picks up pass protection — always a huge challenge for rookies — he will give himself a chance to play on third down. It bears watching in training camp. Booker showed good hands out of the backfield at Utah. That weapon was sorely missing from Denver's offense last season.
    Last edited by LA Ute; 05-12-2016 at 11:59 AM.

--Yeats

Another great article about Eric Weddle and his fresh start in Baltimore.
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...703-story.html

Kendall Thompson signs as a WR with the Redskins.

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/07/31/bron cos-running-back-competition-likely-to-le a ve-at-least-one-talented-back-disappointe d /

So far it seems that a roster spot for Booker is his to lose. Hope he can kick some butt as camp continues and during the preseason.

Kendall Thompson signs as a WR with the Redskins.

Scores the game winning TD on a one handed grab and adds a two point conversion.