Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Utes in the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Scores the game winning TD on a one handed grab and adds a two point conversion.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
    Is it just me, or could/should he have made that a two handed grab?

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Probably.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Skins have so many WRs...he needed to flash.

“It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Booker getting some nice run after his appearance in the Broncos's second preseason game.

http://milehighsports.com/devontae-b...reseason-game/

Paul Kruger released by the browns.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    Paul Kruger released by the browns.
    Interesting move. I suspect he'll get picked up by someone.

Read a tweet over the weekend that Kendall Thompson is in good shape to make the Redskins practice squad.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Interesting move. I suspect he'll get picked up by someone.

Read a tweet over the weekend that Kendall Thompson is in good shape to make the Redskins practice squad.
    For all the people that bitch about KW moving all the QBs to other positions (MOose), KenThom is exhibit 1 for why that is a good thing. Last year instead of riding the pine we could have had him at WR, a position that he's good enough at to make the Redskins.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    For all the people that bitch about KW moving all the QBs to other positions (MOose), KenThom is exhibit 1 for why that is a good thing. Last year instead of riding the pine we could have had him at WR, a position that he's good enough at to make the Redskins.
    But all indications are Kendal was not wanting to make that move last year

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    But all indications are Kendal was not wanting to make that move last year

He did an interview after his one handed grab against the Jets and he was talking about battling it out with another guy (TW) I actually got the sense that he was very much a team guy these last two years and essentially did what the coaches asked him to do. It wasn't until the bowl game that he said "screw it, I want to get on the field." Also, probably didn't want to deal with Stubby.

As an aside, he talked about beating his rival in the bowl game and one of the Redskins studio commentators is Trevor Matich. "Hey Kendall, I went to BYU and really didn't appreciate you guys doing that to us in the bowl game." Pretty funny exchange.

Not unemployed for long, Kruger signs with the Saints.

Sealvar Siliga is placed on IR at Seattle, and will likely be protected. He should a starter next year.

What a great shot.

Steve Smith with a strong message to Josh Brown about his domestic abuse:

Stevesmith.jpg

I'm not sure why I'm surprised Matt Asiata has been in the league as long as he has, but I am.

I guess I never really thought I'd make it. I didn't think he was big enough to be a fullback or fast enough to be a RB. Kudos to him for finding a niche and sticking with it.

Steve Smith with a strong message to Josh Brown about his domestic abuse:

Stevesmith.jpg
    Haha. Awesome. Here's his tweet.

This A Football Life piece on Steve Smith looks incredible.

https://twitter.com/NFLFilms/status/798569881495105536

Steve Smith being Steve Smith...

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Being a Utes fan and Being a Chiefs fan must feel much the same.
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

--Philo

Steve Smith is now retired. What a career! Had a classy post game interview full of gratitude in which he mentioned Ron MacBride and the U.

Mike McCoy fired as coach of the Chargers.

Steve Smith is now retired. What a career! Had a classy post game interview full of gratitude in which he mentioned Ron MacBride and the U.

Mike McCoy fired as coach of the Chargers.

McCoy for U QB coach!

McCoy for U QB coach!
    You really work for TMZ don't you?

Marcus Williams going pro.

Steve Smith, Sr submits resignation letter.

On a related note, we know that SS,S holds his alma mater in high regard. He regularly represented the Utes during warm ups, and spoke highly of the university and his time there in interviews. But outside of that, you never hear about him showing up on campus or on the sidelines. Does anyone know if he and the program are on good terms?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post

On a related note, we know that SS,S holds his alma mater in high regard. He regularly represented the Utes during warm ups, and spoke highly of the university and his time there in interviews. But outside of that, you never hear about him showing up on campus or on the sidelines. Does anyone know if he and the program are on good terms?

They are.

During the season Steve actually went home to see his wife and kids during the week.

He and Angie have an endowed scholarship at the U for football and another scholarship for students who are at risk.

Guessing we may see him more now that he's retired. (He mentioned both the U and McBride in his post game interview last week)

Utah needs a ring of fame...and Steve Smith needs to be in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post

via GIPHY

“To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Article discussing how the Patriots have taken castoffs from other teams and molded them into key pieces of a Super Bowl team. On Eric Rowe:

Former team: Eagles
    Despite the fact he was a second-round pick in 2015, Eric Rowe lasted just a single season with the Philadelphia Eagles. The cornerback spent much of his rookie season on the sideline, and when he did earn a few starts late, he was consistently roasted.
    With Rowe buried on the Philly depth chart, the Patriots pounced prior to the start of the 2016 regular season, trading a conditional middle-round pick to Philly in exchange for the 24-year-old. He didn't play much early on but became a valuable part of the secondary during the second half of the year, posting stellar coverage numbers.
    Including the playoffs, opposing quarterbacks have completed 47.4 percent of their passes when targeting Rowe this season. According to Pro Football Focus, that is the lowest qualifying opposing completion percentage in the NFL.
    And he had a particularly shiny performance in the AFC Championship Game against Pittsburgh, surrendering just two completions on nine targets while intercepting Ben Roethlisberger in the fourth quarter.

The Pats love versatility, and Rowe is a former safety who has enough size (6'1", 205 lbs) to match up with elite receivers on the outside. He could play myriad roles Sunday, and don't be surprised if he spends some time covering top Falcons weapon Julio Jones.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Bellichick is a master at teaching players to be smarter. He always finds a way to coach up a player who was a washout elsewhere.

I am happy to see Eric Rowe thrive with the Patriots. He is a talented player and I want to see him stick around.

Does anyone know whether Derrick Shelby is going to play? He was injured earlier but it would be nice to see him play in the SB.