Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Utah vs Cal - PAC 12 play starts this weekend.

Utah vs Cal - PAC 12 play starts this weekend.

Probable Starters
    Friday: Utah's Mitch Watrous (So./RHP) vs. California's Ryan Mason (Fr./RHP)
    Saturday: Utah's Joe Pond (Sr./RHP) vs. California's Justin Jones (Sr./LHP)
    Sunday: Utah TBA vs. California TBA

Any word on Brock Duke and why he hasn't pitched or not listed as a probable?

Has to be injury. What about Banks?
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

Per the press release Duke and Banks are day to day with injuries

Hippies 1 Utah 0

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    “The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively”
    ~Bob Marley

Still 1-0 Cal top of 3

Great night for baseball

Attached Images Attached Images
    “The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively”
    ~Bob Marley

Damn, I wish I was there
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

3-0 Hippies

~Bob Marley

Nielsen hit a leadoff double in the 5th and we couldn't get him over, let alone in to score.
    André Gide

Attached Images Attached Images
    ~Bob Marley

Utes score on a WP followed by and RBI single by Nielsen. 4-2 Cal.

Eppard with an rbi single
    André Gide

Time for armijo to dial up the long ball
    André Gide

Eppard with an RBI single, Utes cut the lead to 1, 4-3 Cal, bases loaded, 1 out bottom of the 6th

Quote Originally Posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
    Time for armijo to dial up the long ball
    2 rbi.single works as well
    André Gide

Inning ends on double play, Utes score 5 in the 6th to lead Cal 5-4.

Nice to see some offense from this team especially in PAC-12 play. Watrous needs to limit the hits here.

Watrous needs one more scoreless, then on to Chapman to close it out
    André Gide

Quote Originally Posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
    Watrous needs one more scoreless, then on to Chapman to close it out
    Watrous is done, from what I could get from the online feed Rezac is coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by EutawStUtesFan View Post
    Watrous is done, from what I could get from the online feed Rezac is coming in.
    Yep
    André Gide

Rezac threw some gasoline onto that small smoldering spark.
    André Gide

2 two out RBIs Cal takes the lead, poor defense, both runs scored from 1st. 6-5 Cal bottom of the 7th.

Can we please stop with the bunts.

Tough loss, hoping for a better start. Utes fall 9-5. Excited to make it up there tomorrow, going to be a fun day at the ballpark.

I don't know why we keep walking Rezac out there when the game is on the line. I get that the the runs were unearned, but sometimes you just got to get an out. 10 batters faced, 4 hits, 2 hbp, 6 baserunners that were his responsibility
    Last edited by Jarid in Cedar; 03-15-2013 at 08:49 PM.
    André Gide

About ready to start here at Spring Mobile Ballpark. Joe Pond with the start.

After getting the lead off batter, Joe has walked 1 and given up two hits a single and a double, Cal leads 1-0.

Big K to retire the side, Cal left runners on 2nd and 3rd. Cal leads 1-0 bottom of the 1st.

We're playing teams that can hit the ball and we're playing small ball. Yagi with a sac bunt moves Davis to 2nd.

Déjà vu all over again. Pond gets lead off batter out walks 2nd gives up a hit.

Utes Load the bases on a Kody Davis Error, Pond Ks next gives up a grand slam, Cal leads 5-0. Kody muffed a routine play that was a potential dbl play, cost the Utes. Top of the 2nd ends on a pop up to 3rd baseman.
    Last edited by EutawStUtesFan; 03-16-2013 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Corrected score.