Thread: Sports Media (local and national)

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post
    You haven't watched any 30 for 30s or OTL? Pardon the haughtiness, but you're a lesser sports fan if that's really the case (which I don't believe it is).

Among daily programming, only PTI and Around the Horn are worth watching. Actually, you could put Sarah Spain on a needlepoint show and I would watch it.
    Ive caught a handful of 30 for 30's. Really enjoyed all of them. Ive listened to OTL on the pod center. I will agree that ATH and PTI are solid shows, I even like Woody Paige.

The main staple of ESPN for so long has been 'SportsCenter' and now that I can get all the highlights on my phone, I have no need to sit through a 30 minute show hoping that my team gets a mention that night, especially now that SportsCenter is trying to be a social commentary show as well........no thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    Ive caught a handful of 30 for 30's. Really enjoyed all of them. Ive listened to OTL on the pod center. I will agree that ATH and PTI are solid shows, I even like Woody Paige.

The main staple of ESPN for so long has been 'SportsCenter' and now that I can get all the highlights on my phone, I have no need to sit through a 30 minute show hoping that my team gets a mention that night, especially now that SportsCenter is trying to be a social commentary show as well........no thanks!
    SportsCenter is horrible, especially the morning version. You say you can get highlights on your phone, but I also like seeing them on my 60" HDTV (I just went John Haddow on all you bitches!). I watch the CBS Morning News instead. I'm terrified to see what SC6 is all about, but fortunately, I'm rarely near a TV when that show is on.

There was a time when the highest-rated SC wasn't its first airing -- it was a repeat sometime around 10 a.m. Eastern. SVP tries and replicates that, but nothing can touch the original.