Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: New Uni's coming

Quote Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
    Ugly is ugly, regardless the era. Look, if the designers were striving for an AC Utah Futbol club aesthetic, they really missed the mark. Or maybe the athletic department is thinking about incorporating a new mascot: the Utah Coral Snakes, or Utah Black Widow spiders? Even still, they didn't get it right. A good designer can make red and white work, in a classic, tradition proud sense. But I guess, maybe since there really is no classic, proud tradition aesthetic to draw upon at Utah in the first place, you end up with you got: something that looks like it belongs in a bordello.
    As long as you guys wear those shiny royal blue uniforms and blackout uniforms, you have no say in what looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Utah View Post
    As long as you guys wear those shiny royal blue uniforms and blackout uniforms, you have no say in what looks good.
    You mean these classic uniforms ... tied to a proud tradition:

Actually, BYU needs to go back to royal blue permanently.

I like Navy blue, but it just isn't BYU's color.
    "It'd be nice to please everyone but I thought it would be more interesting to have a point of view." -- Oscar Levant

The Utah Stripe from the throwback uniforms.

The new uniforms.
    Last edited by USS Utah; 05-21-2017 at 12:05 PM.
    "It'd be nice to please everyone but I thought it would be more interesting to have a point of view." -- Oscar Levant

Nope. Not those. I'm talking about the shiny travesties and the ridiculous Blackout uni's.

Nope. Not those. I'm talking about the shiny travesties and the ridiculous Blackout uni's.
    That's the part that makes Utah's poor uniform choices easier to deal with. Very few schools have avoided similar issues, and many have even been worse.

The classic look will make a comeback soon. I want to hope that Utah can be part of that, but it's more realistic to think we'll be two years behind the trend.

ah yes, that proud tradition of 1984 of not defeating a single team finishing in the top 40 and finishing up squeaking by a Michigan team that finished 6-7

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    ah yes, that proud tradition of 1984 of not defeating a single team finishing in the top 40 and finishing up squeaking by a Michigan team that finished 6-7
    It's all the years leading up to and following. But that's beside the point. Utah's First Orderesque, bawdy house best uni's are ugly. A lack of a proud tradition to draw on is largely to be blamed.

It's all the years leading up to and following. But that's beside the point. Utah's First Orderesque, bawdy house best uni's are ugly. A lack of a proud tradition to draw on is largely to be blamed.
    How's it feel to know your tradition and glory years are over 30 years old. BYU is quickly becoming Tulane. Lol.

How's it feel to know your tradition and glory years are over 30 years old. BYU is quickly becoming Tulane. Lol.
    No matter how much you want it to, tradition can't be manufactured and it can't be taken away. So, I feel great about my team's tradition and it's prospects going forward.

Now, if you are a Ute fan, you hope Whitingham can establish an equally remarkable era, from which traditions can be passed down. Utah had the talent to be a playoff team last year, but didn't get there. So, you'll just have to keep waiting. As for now, Utah is the new Arizona.

No matter how much you want it to, tradition can't be manufactured and it can't be taken away. So, I feel great about my team's tradition and it's prospects going forward.

Now, if you are a Ute fan, you hope Whitingham can establish an equally remarkable era, from which traditions can be passed down. Utah had the talent to be a playoff team last year, but didn't get there. So, you'll just have to keep waiting. As for now, Utah is the new Arizona.
    I'd rather be Arizona than Tulane. Arizona has a shot at greatness. Tulane? They have their glory days. Ha ha.

Uniform smack is as lame as attendance smack.

I'd rather be Arizona than Tulane. Arizona has a shot at greatness. Tulane? They have their glory days. Ha ha.
    Uhmm I'd rather be BYU than anyone ... lol
    Last edited by tooblue; 05-22-2017 at 08:27 PM.

Uhmm I'd rather be BYU than anyone ... lol
    Thanks Peter Priesthood