Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: New Uni's coming

Wounded Warrior=ouch. Serously, UA, get your act together.
    2014 utahby5 World Cup Bracket Predictor Challenge Champion. No one who speaks German could be an evil man.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielLaRusso View Post
    Wounded Warrior=ouch. Serously, UA, get your act together.
    Is that blood? I don't like that.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    ditto. it looks like a dexter crime scene ready for blood splatter analysis. otherwise it is okay, but not great.

Nah, it's an attempt to make the flag look weathered. It happens to look a lot like a blood splatter...apparently, it's up to you to decide which message is worse.
    What tops that for me is that if you stripped the name from the front of the shirt, you would have no idea what team you were looking at. Not one fleck of purple on the uni and the NW logo is hidden and nearly invisible. Cardinal sin of sports apparel #1: Your corporate brand overwhelms your team brand.
    Last edited by DanielLaRusso; 11-04-2013 at 01:34 PM.
    2014 utahby5 World Cup Bracket Predictor Challenge Champion. No one who speaks German could be an evil man.

This needs to be posted. Hawaii's throwbacks for this weekend. While they didn't pick my favorite classic design, this all just screams "Hawaii football" to me.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielLaRusso View Post
    This needs to be posted. Hawaii's throwbacks for this weekend. While they didn't pick my favorite classic design, this all just screams "Hawaii football" to me.
    Love it. Of all the teams that have abandoned classic looks, Hawaii's new unis make me the saddest.

This video makes me worried that Hawaii is going to mess up this great uniform by wearing their standard helmet, rather than a white throwback.

I wish LaRusso were still posting these. Louisville is making twitter news this morning for the reveal of an awful uniform:

CIWndp9WIAAKIZV.jpg

Under Armor did a lousy job with us, but it's nice to know that it could have been worse.

I wish LaRusso were still posting these. Louisville is making twitter news this morning for the reveal of an awful uniform:

Under Armor did a lousy job with us, but it's nice to know that it could have been worse.
    I think that a football uniform or camouflage?

CIWndp9WIAAKIZV.jpg

Wow. As a biologist, I've dealt with my fair share of pissed off song birds before, but that one is straight out of a cheap Hitchcock remake.

Check out the new Aztec helmet:

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...elmet-calendar

Reminds me of the great old Mexico soccer jerseys with the Aztec shield. Never should have gone away from those.

Throwbacks!!!!!!!

CLuwtgAUwAIjCCe.jpg
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Throwbacks!!!!!!!

CLuwtgAUwAIjCCe.jpg
    The jersey is great! Helmet is nice for a throwback, I prefer the D&F for regular use. Pants are ok, the stripes are a bit weird, but not stupid.

So I guess we are wearing these for the Cal game? I wonder if we have another season of mountain sleeves for our regular uni's.
    Last edited by chrisrenrut; 08-06-2015 at 09:00 AM.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    The jersey is great! Helmet is nice for a throwback, I prefer the D&F for regular use. Pants are ok, the stripes are a bit weird, but not stupid.

So I guess we are wearing these for the Cal game? I wonder if we have another season of mountain sleeves for our regular uni's.
    It was announced some time ago there aren't changes to the regular uniforms this year

Apparently Utah and Maryland were the only schools with UA's newest uniform material last season, others are getting it this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel so strongly about this uniform being our base uniform that I should probably post it in the religion category.

As long as our brand identity is wrapped up in the DnF and Utes name, we'll have to be very cautious in how we use that name/imagery so that we don't risk losing core components of our brand. I think if we were to go away from the DnF and Utes name as our primary branding, it would actually allow us to be more flexible and creative with how we use them. The U-T-A-H on the historic fieldhouse, the interlocking UU, and these throwback inspired uniforms, to me, very much fit and even highlight the evolving brand of Utah football being a blue collar, defense first, field position kind of throwback team. With a high profile game against Michigan, a potential breakout season, and with DTV potentially coming on board and given lots of people essentially a first look at Utah football this season, I think it would be an opportune time to go out and establish this throwback-inspired brand as Utah Athletics. If we're going to make a brand transition, I think this is perfect timing.

That doesn't mean doing away with the DnF or Utes name, it means using that name/imagery more strategically and being able to take more chances with incorporating additional NA motifs during Ute Proud week and a few marquis games.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj84105 View Post
    I feel so strongly about this uniform being our base uniform that I should probably post it in the religion category.

As long as our brand identity is wrapped up in the DnF and Utes name, we'll have to be very cautious in how we use that name/imagery so that we don't risk losing core components of our brand. I think if we were to go away from the DnF and Utes name as our primary branding, it would actually allow us to be more flexible and creative with how we use them. The U-T-A-H on the historic fieldhouse, the interlocking UU, and these throwback inspired uniforms, to me, very much fit and even highlight the evolving brand of Utah football being a blue collar, defense first, field position kind of throwback team. With a high profile game against Michigan, a potential breakout season, and with DTV potentially coming on board and given lots of people essentially a first look at Utah football this season, I think it would be an opportune time to go out and establish this throwback-inspired brand as Utah Athletics. If we're going to make a brand transition, I think this is perfect timing.

That doesn't mean doing away with the DnF or Utes name, it means using that name/imagery more strategically and being able to take more chances with incorporating additional NA motifs during Ute Proud week and a few marquis games.
    I hope not...I don't want to have to change all my monikers to InterLockingU
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

I'm not a fan of the double U. Never have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    I'm not a fan of the double U. Never have been.

I love it. I've intentionally not sold my cars so I can keep the interlocking U. Or I am a cheap bastard...

Quote Originally Posted by jrj84105 View Post
    . . .and with DTV potentially coming on board. . .
    Where are you hearing this? I haven't seen any talk about this in a long time.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Where are you hearing this? I haven't seen any talk about this in a long time.
    The PAC's primary media partner is AT&T. AT&T acquired DTV last week (or a few weeks ago). PAC will be on DTV (I think most people see this as a near certainty) but potentially not in time for football season.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Throwbacks!!!!!!!

CLuwtgAUwAIjCCe.jpg
    I like the throwbacks posted on utefans much more. Big block u on the chest.

And here I was dumb enough to believe that Under Armour wouldn't be able to screw up the Utah stripe.

Can we go back to the mountains?!

Well those are a far cry from great, but, a million times better than those vomitous mountain sleeves -- A dark & embarrassing period in utah uniforms.
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

Those are awful. The stripes are so bad.

It's really not that hard. I guess this is an example of groupthink making things worse. A classic red/white would be so easy to do. A black/white too. But they just can't resist making it busy.
    Last edited by sancho; 05-16-2017 at 02:02 PM.

This tweet is perfect.

In my opinion, Utah fans whine too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Utah View Post
    In my opinion, Utah fans whine too much.
    I'm just stating a precedence for good looking uniforms. It kind surprises me that some people don't care about appearance.

I'm just stating a precedence for good looking uniforms. It kind surprises me that some people don't care about appearance.
    Gotta be honest. These are so ugly I can't even bring myself to trolling ya'll by making fun of them.

Quote Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
    Gotta be honest. These are so ugly I can't even bring myself to trolling ya'll by making fun of them.
    some of us on this forum need to face the hard truth that we're no longer 20 something, and our sense of fashion may be a bit antiquated.

I may or may not be writing this wearing penny loafers, acid wash jeans, a braided leather belts and a sweet light gray members only jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    some of us on this forum need to face the hard truth that we're no longer 20 something, and our sense of fashion may be a bit antiquated.

I may or may not be writing this wearing penny loafers, acid wash jeans, a braided leather belts and a sweet light gray members only jacket.

Ugly is ugly, regardless the era. Look, if the designers were striving for an AC Utah Futbol club aesthetic, they really missed the mark. Or maybe the athletic department is thinking about incorporating a new mascot: the Utah Coral Snakes, or Utah Black Widow spiders? Even still, they didn't get it right. A good designer can make red and white work, in a classic, tradition proud sense. But I guess, maybe since there really is no classic, proud tradition aesthetic to draw upon at Utah in the first place, you end up with you got: something that looks like it belongs in a bordello.