Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Uni's coming

Quote Originally Posted by Utah View Post
    I wouldn't mind this as the white helmet:

http://thedahlelama.com/uu-white-white.png
    I would prefer a single block U over the double U.

Quote Originally Posted by scottie View Post
    I would prefer a single block U over the double U.
    The double U is no longer an authorized logo I believe so the single U would have to be used.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    The double U is no longer an authorized logo I believe so the single U would have to be used.
    True, but there's no rule saying we can't reauthorize the use of that logo or even update it for new use.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeUte View Post
    So do we have a release date for the new unis yet?
    Nope. UA tends to be a bit of a wild card when it comes to full rebrands. Nike and UA are pretty good about releasing their designs in early spring and late summer to get fans buying merch for the upcoming athletics season. UA *seems* to release stuff when they want to with no real timetable. Reports are we won't see the new stuff until basketball season, which is odd, which fits the UA profile I just noted.
    2014 utahby5 World Cup Bracket Predictor Challenge Champion. No one who speaks German could be an evil man.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    All white unis with a white helmet look great (see Penn State and Texas).

All black unis with a black helmet look great.

I dislike all whites/blacks with a colored helmet, though our sugar bowl look was better than our cherry-on-top blackout look.
    On NCAA football on the XBOX, the Crimson Helmet, Black Shirt, and Crimson Pants looks awesome!

Semi-related post regarding UA...Here are the helmet options they are providing to TTech this year
    2014 utahby5 World Cup Bracket Predictor Challenge Champion. No one who speaks German could be an evil man.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielLaRusso View Post
    Semi-related post regarding UA...Here are the helmet options they are providing to TTech this year
    That one in the back with the raider on the horse!!! So jealous.

True, but there's no rule saying we can't reauthorize the use of that logo or even update it for new use.

Nope. UA tends to be a bit of a wild card when it comes to full rebrands. Nike and UA are pretty good about releasing their designs in early spring and late summer to get fans buying merch for the upcoming athletics season. UA *seems* to release stuff when they want to with no real timetable. Reports are we won't see the new stuff until basketball season, which is odd, which fits the UA profile I just noted.
    Dang - so there might not be new football uniforms this year - only new basketball unis. bummer.

The plan is to start with hoops and go through each sport. Football will come for 2014

Ok, we've got a couple of official releases today...

First, SDSU has updated their brand and will no longer use gold (Look close, the helmet is just red, black, and white now). They also now have their own font, as you can see.

Baylor confirmed their look for next year will include C3PO's head...

BJSOD3uCMAAJ8x0.jpg
    Last edited by DanielLaRusso; 05-28-2013 at 12:31 PM.

This is becoming the, "Everyone but Utah is getting new Uni's thread".

Wow, Arizona. Abandoning your classic triangle-stripes for that? A bad gradient effect? Italicized numbers? and worst of all...a monochrome red uniform? You can't spell monochrome without "oh no"

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonute View Post
    This is becoming the, "Everyone but Utah is getting new Uni's thread".
    Heh. That was my thought as well.
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

And this has to be the fail of the year so far....wow, UCF...

BJtuFTDCMAANFjv.jpg
    Last edited by DanielLaRusso; 05-28-2013 at 12:28 PM.

And this has to be the fail of the year so far....wow, UCF...
    That high school will have great unis.

Message Board Vagabond UteBeliever aka Port's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    All white unis with a white helmet look great (see Penn State and Texas).

All black unis with a black helmet look great.

I dislike all whites/blacks with a colored helmet, though our sugar bowl look was better than our cherry-on-top blackout look.

I know I'm in the minority, but I hate all-white uniforms.

I also hold the unpopular view that I like the all-red look.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Portland Ute View Post
    I also hold the unpopular view that I like the all-red look.
    I like the all-red look also. The Hell with popularity. The Utes all red look is sharp.

Quote Originally Posted by Devildog View Post
    I like the all-red look also. The Hell with popularity. The Utes all red look is sharp.
    That's ok. We can't all be tasteful.

Quote Originally Posted by Devildog View Post
    I like it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadrian View Post
    I like it as well.
    I have to include myself in this camp. I also like the all Whites, the white on red (both versions) and the all black. I'm not a fan of mixing in the black pants with the red or white jerseys.

I think all white with a white helmet would look pretty sweet.

The Rainbow Warriors are back...hopefully with some classic WAC uni's...

UH_rainbow_warrior_logo.jpg
    Last edited by DanielLaRusso; 05-28-2013 at 12:24 PM.

Paul Lukas' Uni Watch blog today talks about a mystery surrounding "Utah Style" stripes...
    Last edited by DanielLaRusso; 05-28-2013 at 12:28 PM.

Houston shows off a new helmet...which should show you basically what our interlocked U's logo would look like on a new helmet.

BJ8TQ76CQAAEb4r_zps82ff81b8.jpg
    Last edited by DanielLaRusso; 05-28-2013 at 12:33 PM.

Two weeks and no one wanted to talk about Rainbow Warriors? I thought that would be an inspired conversation! Anyhoo, in the next few weeks Penn State will be revealing its new, less-Paterno-y uni's...so look forward to that uni-followers.

Can I make a hopefully constructive suggestion for this thread? I like uni-related news, but I am lazy about clicking links. (Just now I looked at the Utah stripes and the Hawaii links and thought they were discussion-worthy.) You might post a teaser picture/quote combo to peak interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Can I make a hopefully constructive suggestion for this thread? I like uni-related news, but I am lazy about clicking links. (Just now I looked at the Utah stripes and the Hawaii links and thought they were discussion-worthy.) You might post a teaser picture/quote combo to peak interest.
    Do you need me to wipe your butt for you too?!?!?!?!? But seriously, I'll try to add any relevant pics available on the sites I'm referring to. Also I'll try not to be a bandwidth hog, so I'll try to provide small images when possible. You'll still have to click...once...but you might be better lured.
    Last edited by DanielLaRusso; 05-28-2013 at 12:33 PM.

Do you need me to wipe your butt for you too?!?!?!?!? But seriously, I'll try to add any relevant pics available on the sites I'm referring to. Also I'll try not to be a bandwidth hog, so I'll only provide small images. You'll still have to click...once...but you might be better lured.
    Wow! Retroactive updating! That is true customer service.

The Rainbow Warriors are back...hopefully with some classic WAC uni's...

UH_rainbow_warrior_logo.jpg
    I love the Rainbow Warriors. My favorite non-Utah WAC squad. It's nice to see a little more flamboyance back in college football.

Hey, remember the Big East?......

Obviously this is a media world we live in, and we wanted to make sure we had the kind of mark that would be distinctive and would make an impact when people saw it.
    Yeesh...

Again. Everyone but Utah it seems.

That Indiana reveal is a prime example of what I DONT want Utah to do to build a stronger uni identity. With the exception of one of those helmets, all they have done is thrown sh*t at a wall to see what sticks. The state flag, Illini rip-off, and numerals are utterly stupid with no rooting in the Hoosier brand and will certainly be discarded to the refuse bin of history. The striped helmet does the trick. It's unique, but its uniqueness is derived from people's association between Indiana and those stripes. I think the chrome weakens it, but otherwise it's the right idea.
    Last edited by DanielLaRusso; 06-03-2013 at 07:20 PM.