Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: New Uni's coming

Quote Originally Posted by DanielLaRusso View Post
    Charlie Weis vine's...yeah...the entire set of new Kansas uni's and helmets
    https://vine.co/v/haUBmzPUT2z
    Is the powder blue a historical color for Kansas?

Quote Originally Posted by jrj84105 View Post
    Is the powder blue a historical color for Kansas?
    KU briefly wore columbia blue in the early 1960's. Apparently those were some good years.
    2014 utahby5 World Cup Bracket Predictor Challenge Champion. No one who speaks German could be an evil man.

IMO the powder blues for Kansas kinda looks like UNC

A bunch of new uni releases ahead of training camp. Sadly, they mostly follow the pattern of chrome helmet, grey uni, etc... So here's 3 that I figure most here will find semi-interesting.
    Houston

Fresno black out

A certain team who actually knows how to draw feathers
    2014 utahby5 World Cup Bracket Predictor Challenge Champion. No one who speaks German could be an evil man.

There is no god

Alternative title: Speaking of feathers...

Those Houston Unis are awful. I hate those bib looking cut outs on the shoulders.

The Fresno isn't bad

Miami- I don't even

Effective proof that brain damage sustained while playing football is a scourge: ESPN polled the players at Big 12 media days, asking about the best and worst uniforms in the league, and here's what they said:

Who has the best uniforms in the league?

Oklahoma State, 43%
    TCU, 21%
    Baylor, 14%

What they said:

“I really like Oklahoma State’s – they’re pretty cool.”

"Kansas’ new baby blues are icy."

“The best is Baylor’s black uniforms.”

Who has the worst uniforms?

Kansas State, 32%
    Iowa State, 18%
    Oklahoma, 18%
    Texas, 14%
    Last edited by DanielLaRusso; 07-27-2013 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj84105 View Post
    I love this Michigan concept
    http://pic.twitter.com/hjnNYBmL
    That is pretty cool.

Lots of Twitter Rumors about Utah having a White Helmet, Red Jersey, and White Pants vs Utah State. Hence the, Stripe the Stadium idea.

So someone's brother's, roommate's, uncle's, gardener's butcher picked up a tasty tidbit?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonute View Post
    Lots of Twitter Rumors about Utah having a White Helmet, Red Jersey, and White Pants vs Utah State. Hence the, Stripe the Stadium idea.
    That makes sense with the stripe thing. I've waited a long time for an all white look, and this just mocks me.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    That makes sense with the stripe thing. I've waited a long time for an all white look, and this just mocks me.
    If true, I'd be really surprised if we didn't have a white out game.

Not directly uni-related, but Utah brand related. Oregon has some interesting embellishments in their new football facility.

A carpet that features Puddles beating up other school's mascots. Swoop is making a hasty retreat at the top.
    They plan to eat their enemies...Swoop is on the menu.
    You can see everything here.

Not directly uni-related, but Utah brand related. Oregon has some interesting embellishments in their new football facility.

A carpet that features Puddles beating up other school's mascots. Swoop is making a hasty retreat at the top.
    They plan to eat their enemies...Swoop is on the menu.
    You can see everything here.
    I have to admire this. It's good-natured and fun.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Looking at those pics, I like our facility better.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    Looking at those pics, I like our facility better.
    Ours is a good reflection of our program's culture (and Kyle's style) -- pretty much all business, with lots of pride.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Ours is a good reflection of our program's culture (and Kyle's style) -- pretty much all business, with lots of pride.
    Yup. Seems far more functional and less of a "Parade Of Homes" show piece

Despite being functional and probably really nice inside, I personally don't like the design of our football center.

Utah:
    [spoiler]
    (taken July 26th)[/spoiler]
    Oregon:
    [spoiler][/spoiler]

Any "parade of homes" pics of our new facility? I saw the video kscott did before it was taken down, but would like to see some "dressed up" photos if they exist.

New Uni's coming

Quote Originally Posted by sharpone View Post
    Any "parade of homes" pics of our new facility? I saw the video kscott did before it was taken down, but would like to see some "dressed up" photos if they exist.
    I was told they want to wait until it's totally finished and they're doing the big rollout on August 15. Can't really blame them for that.

If it helps, I can say that it's beautiful inside and really looks world-class.

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    I was told they want to wait until it's totally finished and they're doing the big rollout on August 15. Can't really blame them for that.
    Agreed. I'm just anxious.

Oh hey, remember those really creative (read: stupid) Arizona facemasks from a few pages back? Well...

BQl04rmCYAEpohR.jpg

UA-brothers Texas Tech have revealed their uniforms for the season. They are pretty underwhelming (fitting of their uniform tradition), but I'm going to highlight the helmet...perhaps black chrome could turn around the matte black trend?

Quote Originally Posted by roseparkutes View Post
    How are you like them?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

perhaps black chrome could turn around the matte black trend?
    I hope not. The matte black is great. I'd like that trend to stick around long enough for me to enjoy it. We really have botched our blackouts so far with the cherry on top red helment.

UA provides South Carolina with what I believe is their 4th new set in 6 years. Mind boggling.

Message Board Vagabond UteBeliever aka Port's Avatar
    UA provides South Carolina with what I believe is their 4th new set in 6 years. Mind boggling.
    I think it's fairly clear that UA doesn't really hold Utah in much higher esteem than Nike did.

We aren't really getting many more favors from them than we did Nike.

Quote Originally Posted by Portland Ute View Post
    I think it's fairly clear that UA doesn't really hold Utah in much higher esteem than Nike did.

We aren't really getting many more favors from them than we did Nike.

That's far from true.

The UA contract pays more and provides a much larger expense account for each sport to a much larger degree. The old contract did not include uniforms for most sports, instead requiring Utah to buy the uniforms from Nike.

It's a night and day contract, judging it on when we get a redesign is silly