Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: New Uni's coming

And chrome hits Utah...so are they promotional or do they see game time?

1919e2ffe63a402e353b24df1c5e15e8.jpg

Taken from this photo shoot
    Last edited by DanielLaRusso; 09-05-2013 at 11:31 AM.
    2014 utahby5 World Cup Bracket Predictor Challenge Champion. No one who speaks German could be an evil man.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielLaRusso View Post
    And chrome hits Utah...

1919e2ffe63a402e353b24df1c5e15e8.jpg
    Gotta admit...that's pretty cool looking

I dislike the chrome - and I like Oregon's chrome. This looks too much like one of those mirrors that some women are constantly looking at - I believe they are called compacts.

I really like those, Easy to switch between the red, white and chrome ones for select games. Could they add those to the red helmets?

Quote Originally Posted by roseparkutes View Post
    I really like those, Easy to switch between the red, white and chrome ones for select games. Could they add those to the red helmets?
    Sure, but I think the shade of red we use on our shells is a bit too bright to add chrome to (You can search pics of Houston's chrome cougar helmets to see why). Darken it a shade or two and it would pop better. Not that I'm advocating, of course.
    2014 utahby5 World Cup Bracket Predictor Challenge Champion. No one who speaks German could be an evil man.

Very interesting, I wonder if they make it the Black Out Game. Also utefans is rumoring that a white helmet is debuting this saturday. Can't find anything solid on it, anyone seen anything official on a white helmet?

Quote Originally Posted by Bacana Ute View Post
    Very interesting, I wonder if they make it the Black Out Game. Also utefans is rumoring that a white helmet is debuting this saturday. Can't find anything solid on it, anyone seen anything official on a white helmet?
    Not to sound like a pompous ass...but if you didn't hear a uni-rumor from me, you can bet it's bs. I can tell you that the U/UA has inquired about a white helmet with some manufacturers, but nothing solid has happened.

Not to sound like a pompous ass...but if you didn't hear a uni-rumor from me, you can bet it's bs. I can tell you that the U/UA has inquired about a white helmet with some manufacturers, but nothing solid has happened.
    That's why I was asking you, all of your info has evidence to back it up.

Would anyone want to see another version of this thread for basketball season?...considering we are actually getting new uniforms in that sport?

Would anyone want to see another version of this thread for basketball season?...considering we are actually getting new uniforms in that sport?
    Yes, please. I love seeing your uniform posts, even if you don't like all-whites.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Yes, please. I love seeing your uniform posts, even if you don't like all-whites.
    So do I. So yes, please.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Can't you see all whites downtown?

Hmmm.....

Andrew Lawrence @andrewute1
    I have confirmed Utah is wearing new jerseys tomorrow. What I was told is they are just epic!#goutes #beatthebeavers
    9:30 PM - 13 Sep 2013
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

Alright, I'll try to start a bball thread this weekend. The trouble I have with basketball uni's is that they have largely stayed pretty conservative, so they aren't nearly as fun to mock...however, there have been some doozies this off-season that deserve some scorn!

Quote Originally Posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
    Hmmm.....

Andrew Lawrence @andrewute1
    I have confirmed Utah is wearing new jerseys tomorrow. What I was told is they are just epic!#goutes #beatthebeavers
    9:30 PM - 13 Sep 2013
    Fascinating. This runs totally against UA's announced schedule...and certain things I've heard from my sources. I'm guessing I'll know what the dealio is in the morning.

Alright, I'll try to start a bball thread this weekend. The trouble I have with basketball uni's is that they have largely stayed pretty conservative, so they aren't nearly as fun to mock...however, there have been some doozies this off-season that deserve some scorn!

Fascinating. This runs totally against UA's announced schedule...and certain things I've heard from my sources. I'm guessing I'll know what the dealio is in the morning.
    Not just UA's announcements but the athletic departments announcements. I don't buy it

Are the Utes going to wear the black helmets with the chrome D&F? I wonder if that is the "new" unis.

Quote Originally Posted by Utah View Post
    Are the Utes going to wear the black helmets with the chrome D&F? I wonder if that is the "new" unis.
    It says new jerseys.

The tweets from today indicate a new "combo", guessing its just which colors of what they're wearing rather than anything "new"

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeUte View Post
    It says new jerseys.
    Not to sound like a pompous ass...but if you didn't hear a uni-rumor from me, you can bet it's bs.
    Ah, my track record remains untainted.

New Uni's coming

The big change is black face masks on red helmets. Red Jersey's black pants

Also, the white in the D&F is snazzied up. Chromed? Spit polished? Shiny-ied?

Anyways, looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Utah View Post
    Also, the white in the D&F is snazzied up. Chromed? Spit polished? Shiny-ied?

Anyways, looks good.
    Just an illusion caused by the overall darker look the black face mask provided.

Well, they're here. If you've been keeping track of the UA announcement schedule I posted then you knew it was only a matter of time before Maryland dropped another poorly conceived uni set.........enjoy!

Well, they're here. If you've been keeping track of the UA announcement schedule I posted then you knew it was only a matter of time before Maryland dropped another poorly conceived uni set.........enjoy!
    You know, if Maryland was a state people were really proud of with a lot of great recruits, that would sell. I can't imagine the Florida recruits are too excited about the Maryland state flag.

They look like moto-cross helmets.

New South Carolina helmets

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/messa...77337#14377337

Not really... but they should be.

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    New South Carolina helmets

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/messa...77337#14377337

Not really... but they should be.
    lol
    Spurrier went on to say that a special team training session was called to acclimate the player to the new look. "We had to tell them, 'Look, this s***t isn't real, so don't be trying to sell it, or hold a torch to it, or scrape pieces of it off.'". Despite the warnings, the school has ordered an additional 87 replacement helmets, just in case.
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

are the utes wearing the American flag DnF helmet sticker for the ASU game?

They are wearing the American flag D&F decal for this week https://twitter.com/URedZone/status/...901312/photo/1