Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official NBA Thread

Tonights game 5 would normally be a mere formality but Draymond Green being suspended makes it much more intriguing. If the Cavs win tonight, then can hold home court in game 6, we could be looking at a really good series.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    Tonights game 5 would normally be a mere formality but Draymond Green being suspended makes it much more intriguing. If the Cavs win tonight, then can hold home court in game 6, we could be looking at a really good series.
    Bogut will fill in fine. Warriors end it tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Bogut will fill in fine. Warriors end it tonight.
    Bogut doesn't look fine. Blocked a shot only to have he Cav come into his knee on the landing. Laid there for a few minutes until they could carry him to the locker room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't heard about any updates on Bogut yet, other than that he traveled with the team to Cleveland. That injury looked gruesome. Hopefully, he has a speedy recovery.

With the draft next week, a lot of mock drafts are floating around. Folks have Jakob anywhere from 9 to 12. 12 is the Jazz, as of now.

I haven't heard about any updates on Bogut yet, other than that he traveled with the team to Cleveland. That injury looked gruesome. Hopefully, he has a speedy recovery.

With the draft next week, a lot of mock drafts are floating around. Folks have Jakob anywhere from 9 to 12. 12 is the Jazz, as of now.
    Out for the rest of the series.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Out for the rest of the series.
    Sprained knee. 6-8 weeks.

Bogut was missed last night. The "death" lineup only works in spurts, not as a long term thing (to no one's surprise). Ezili has a lot of energy and athleticism but no where near Bogut's skill level at either end. I know hes become a 20 minutes a game role player, but his absence was felt.

The Cavs' jerseys tonight look stupid.

"It's men in shorts." -- Rick Majerus

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    The Cavs' jerseys tonight look stupid.

"It's men in shorts." -- Rick Majerus
    They're letting physical play go. Gotta think that favors the Cavs. W's miss bogut in a game like this.

W's miss bogut in a game like this.
    ....never mind. No reason to pull green in this game.

....never mind. No reason to pull green in this game.
    Ugh. Never mind again. Varajao killing the warriors.

Ugh. Never mind again. Varajao killing the warriors.
    It's been 89-89 for about 200 possessions. First team to do something not ugly wins!

It's been 89-89 for about 200 possessions. First team to do something not ugly wins!
    And it's kyrie Irving to break the ugly. Warriors were a few minutes away from history. Gotta feel like they choked.

Wow. Didn't think the Cavs had it in them. Congrats LeBron.

The warriors started their victory lap after game four. The green suspension and to a lesser extent the bogut injury helped turn the tide, but really it was angry lebron mode that was the difference.

My nba memory goes back to about '92 and i dont think ive seen a finals performance that was definitively better than lebron. Just incredible to watch.

Also, congrats to Ayesha Curry on rocketing past TJ Fredette and Trey Burke s parents to become president of the "loose cannon family nembers shouldnt be on twitter in season!" Club.

I gotta throw a little shade Curry's way. His casualness (is that a word) with the ball throughout the playoffs has driven me nuts. The behind the back pass in the final five minutes to Thompson - really the front row - was an unconscionable pass. All he had to do was move the ball to Thompson who was probably open for a three on the play. I imagined Majerus rolling over in his grave on the play. Curry simply doesn't value possessions. I think you can go too far in that regard but Kerr needs to apply a little more discipline to this team - way to casual and careless.

Quote Originally Posted by Utebiquitous View Post
    I gotta throw a little shade Curry's way.
    I agree. Also, I cringed a bit when he passed to Iguodala on the break. Andre was really struggling - he looked hopeless his previous layup attempt, and then he missed both FTs. LeBron could charge in for the block will 100% because he knew fouling AI was not a bad option at all.

Alright forward slash it is. Now I don't see anything. Oh well.

Poeltl!
    Last edited by sancho; 12-03-2016 at 08:56 PM.

[twitter]805248937686925312[\twitter]
    Needs to be a forward slash. Awesome find.

“To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Alright forward slash it is. Now I don't see anything. Oh well.

Poeltl!
    I've recently learned that I need to refresh once after I post to be able to see my tweets.

Bogut gets a job with the Cavs. Plays less than one minute. Breaks his leg. Bummer.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...but-leg-injury

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Bogut gets a job with the Cavs. Plays less than one minute. Breaks his leg. Bummer.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...but-leg-injury

Stinks, that is probably the end of his career.

That is too bad. This is about his third career ending-type of injury, iirc.

So Westbrook did it. Averaged a triple double for the season. Beyond incredible. It's also incredible that people want to give the MVP to someone else. Just give the man his trophy. He averaged a triple double.

NBA playoff time! I haven't watched a game all season, but I'll probably watch a few now.

The match ups tiers:

Yawn:

Celtics/Bulls, Cavs/Pacers, Warriors/Blazers, Wizards/Hawks, Spurs/Grizz

Go Utes:

Raptors/Bucks. Shame Jabari Parker got hurt.

Must see:

Rockets/Thunder. The rightful MVP vs the media darling. How can anyone root against Westbrook here?

For old times' sake:

Clippers/Jazz.

For having Rudy Gobert out the first two games, the Jazz have done remarkably well. Gotta hold homecourt now. Go up 3-1 and I think the Clippers mail it in for the year.

A bit surprising that the Bulls jumped up on the Celtics 2-0 on the road. That raptors bucks series is surprisingly fun.

I will take the NBA playoffs over any other in sports, including the NCAA tournametn.

I will take the NBA playoffs over any other in sports, including the NCAA tournametn.
    This is crazy talk, but I'm glad they are there for us when basketball season ends and before soccer tournaments start. Ditto the stanley cup.

First round is over.

Warriors/Jazz. Go Jazz. I liked the Warriors more before they had KD.
    Spurs/Rockets. Yawn. Go Spurs, I guess.
    Celtics/Wizards. Yawn. Wizards have the 2nd worst name in the NBA.
    Cavs/Raptors...and the worst name in the NBA. Go Utes!

Watching the NBA after watching college basketball, the most striking thing to me is how differently fouls are called on screens. So much sliding and chipping is allowed in the NBA.

First round is over.

Warriors/Jazz. Go Jazz. I liked the Warriors more before they had KD.
    Spurs/Rockets. Yawn. Go Spurs, I guess.
    Celtics/Wizards. Yawn. Wizards have the 2nd worst name in the NBA.
    Cavs/Raptors...and the worst name in the NBA. Go Utes!

Watching the NBA after watching college basketball, the most striking thing to me is how differently fouls are called on screens. So much sliding and chipping is allowed in the NBA.
    I keep hoping that we are heading back to Bullets. Also, today's game was exciting...especially for Boston. Down 20 to start the game, came back and won it. Pathetic effort by the Zards.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    I keep hoping that we are heading back to Bullets. Also, today's game was exciting...especially for Boston. Down 20 to start the game, came back and won it. Pathetic effort by the Zards.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
    I went to a couple of Wizards games when I lived in the DC area. My favorite part was yelling "Go Whiz!" with the rest of the several hundred people in attendance.
    It's a tragic flaw, I know, but pee jokes are pretty much always funny to me.
    σοφῷ ἀνδρὶ Ἑλλὰς πάντα.
    -- Flavius Philostratus, Life of Apollonius 1.35.2.